🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York OKs $15 minimum wage for fast-food workers

here's a little WAKE up way down into the article with screaming Headlines of how Cumo is going to fight like hell to get this done because because well, just because he says so. Get this: fast food workers say the they deserve this because unlike landscapers, etc . the fast food is dominated by MultiNational companies with billon dollar profits. so how do you like that? the workers can demand how much you pay them.

SNIP:
increase, which some restaurant owners have said they may challenge in court.

Fast-food workers had pushed for the increase, noting their industry employs more low-wage workers than any other sector of the workforce. They say that unlike landscaping companies or child care services, the fast-food business is dominated by multinational companies with billion-dollar profits.

Franchise owners, however, say the increase singles them out and gives an unfair advantage to mom-and-pop competitors that won't have to raise wages.

Pat Pipino, owner of a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop in Saratoga Springs, said some franchise owners could be forced out of business by the increase. He predicted that others may be forced to raise prices or cut positions to absorb the higher labor costs.

"By executive fiat, with the stroke of a pen, our financial model goes to pot," he said.

Opposition by business groups and Senate Republicans will pose a significant hurdle for Cuomo's proposed $15 minimum for all workers.

"Raising the wage floor in New York that far that fast could lead to unintended consequences such as severe job losses and negatively impact many businesses who are already struggling just to keep their heads above water," said Republican Senate Leader John Flanagan of Long Island.

here's a little WAKE up way down into the article with screaming Headlines of how Cumo is going to fight like hell to get this done because because well, just because he says so. Get this: fast food workers say the they deserve this because unlike landscapers, etc . the fast food is dominated by MultiNational companies with billon dollar profits. so how do you like that? the workers can demand how much you pay them.

SNIP:

Fast-food workers had pushed for the increase, noting their industry employs more low-wage workers than any other sector of the workforce. They say that unlike landscaping companies or child care services, the fast-food business is dominated by multinational companies with billion-dollar profits.

Franchise owners, however, say the increase singles them out and gives an unfair advantage to mom-and-pop competitors that won't have to raise wages.

Pat Pipino, owner of a Ben & Jerry's ice cream shop in Saratoga Springs, said some franchise owners could be forced out of business by the increase. He predicted that others may be forced to raise prices or cut positions to absorb the higher labor costs.

"By executive fiat, with the stroke of a pen, our financial model goes to pot," he said.

Opposition by business groups and Senate Republicans will pose a significant hurdle for Cuomo's proposed $15 minimum for all workers.

"Raising the wage floor in New York that far that fast could lead to unintended consequences such as severe job losses and negatively impact many businesses who are already struggling just to keep their heads above water," said Republican Senate Leader John Flanagan of Long Island.

Imagine that, employees defining how much they are worth...

Sorry you were never in a position to do so.

SNIP:

Unintended Consequences resultant from leftist Policy?

ROFLMNAO!

Here's the way it works... take the template... figure out what the Left promises will happen and simply turn it 180 degrees and you'll know precisely how it will work.

Great! I would of only applied it on the bigger chains and raised the overall minimum to 11 dollars/hour to keep the negative effects down...But, at the end of the day over the long term the demand will grow as more people have money in their pockets and more businesses will form. Sure, some will close as this was too fast and high.

You have absolutely no understanding of Economics. None.

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
What is the cost of living in New York?
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Was it raised more than 100%?

Did any of you, including the OP, bother to read the article? $15 an hour will be phased in over 3 years. The minimum wage isn't suddenly jumping to $15 in NYC.

Yes, dumb fuck, I read it. You think jacking up the wage by over 100% in a short three year period isn't going to have a negative effect on the economy?

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Of course not, but when examining New York, it's key to remember this is phased in, and with the cost of living in New York, it's ridiculous that this hasn't happened sooner. The sky isn't falling in other places this has happened, I won't buy into the fear mongering.

Yet another reason why so many companies are moving to the Southern states. And so many Northern liberals...well...the smart ones....are also moving South, and then turning into conservatives.

You know though, the issue with fast food shouldn't even be an issue though. How embarrassing that those companies have to be FORCED to pay anywhere near a reasonable wage.

False. All companies that employ people pay a reasonable wage because if they didn't they wouldn't have any employees working for them.

Did any of you, including the OP, bother to read the article? $15 an hour will be phased in over 3 years. The minimum wage isn't suddenly jumping to $15 in NYC.

Yes, dumb fuck, I read it. You think jacking up the wage by over 100% in a short three year period isn't going to have a negative effect on the economy?
Negative effect? 3 years to prepare, workers having more spending power.. Of course, some businesses will close, but that's the reality. I suppose you want wages to never move at all.

Yet another reason why so many companies are moving to the Southern states. And so many Northern liberals...well...the smart ones....are also moving South, and then turning into conservatives.

You know though, the issue with fast food shouldn't even be an issue though. How embarrassing that those companies have to be FORCED to pay anywhere near a reasonable wage.

False. All companies that employ people pay a reasonable wage because if they didn't they wouldn't have any employees working for them.
LOL. People have to work to survive, it's not easy to just grab up a high paying job in New York City, people take what they can get, and they're tired of it, why do you think people are protesting low wages? Yeah, the wage is reasonable in China for those Apple workers, after all, they'd just quit if they could..

Yes dumb fuck in fact I said the same thing. The ONLY thing I was addressing in the post you quoted was that the minimum wage is NOT going to $15 immediately.

Thanks for playing.

Imagine that, employees defining how much they are worth...

Sorry you were never in a position to do so.

If you aren't being paid what you feel you are worth then go work for someone who will pay you that. Nobody is obligated to employ you and the fair wage you receive is the one you agree to.

Yes dumb fuck in fact I said the same thing. The ONLY thing I was addressing in the post you quoted was that the minimum wage is NOT going to $15 immediately.

When did I say it was?

Of course not, but when examining New York, it's key to remember this is phased in, and with the cost of living in New York, it's ridiculous that this hasn't happened sooner. The sky isn't falling in other places this has happened, I won't buy into the fear mongering.

One of the reasons the cost living is so high in New York is precisely because of policies like these.

False.

It would be entirely true if workers making minimum wage couldn't get welfare assistance, but since they can, people are willing to work for an unreasonable wage and supplement that wage with welfare.

That's what we call a fact.

Forum List

Back