🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York OKs $15 minimum wage for fast-food workers

Imagine that, employees defining how much they are worth...

Sorry you were never in a position to do so.

If you aren't being paid what you feel you are worth then go work for someone who will pay you that. Nobody is obligated to employ you and the fair wage you receive is the one you agree to.
The go to statement put forth by those against any minimum wage increases. Millions of these jobs have to be filled, with stagnant wages, rent prices skyrocketing, the cost of college, which is needed to escape those jobs.. Do you know about the New York employment scene?

Did any of you, including the OP, bother to read the article? $15 an hour will be phased in over 3 years. The minimum wage isn't suddenly jumping to $15 in NYC.

Yes, dumb fuck, I read it. You think jacking up the wage by over 100% in a short three year period isn't going to have a negative effect on the economy?

Yes dumb fuck in fact I said the same thing. The ONLY thing I was addressing in the post you quoted was that the minimum wage is NOT going to $15 immediately.

When did I say it was?
When did I address YOU specifically and claim you didn't?

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
What is the cost of living in New York?
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Was it raised more than 100%?
Of course not, but when examining New York, it's key to remember this is phased in, and with the cost of living in New York, it's ridiculous that this hasn't happened sooner. The sky isn't falling in other places this has happened, I won't buy into the fear mongering.

One of the reasons the cost living is so high in New York is precisely because of policies like these.
LOL. I'll need you to support that assertion, is the minimum wage in New York responsible for the cost of living? I'll be waiting.

"A whole lot of fast food workers are going to end up on the unemployment line over the next few years."
Yeah, typical fear mongering whenever the MW is raised, I remember the same bullshit when it was raised to 7.25

Of course not, but when examining New York, it's key to remember this is phased in, and with the cost of living in New York, it's ridiculous that this hasn't happened sooner. The sky isn't falling in other places this has happened, I won't buy into the fear mongering.

One of the reasons the cost living is so high in New York is precisely because of policies like these.
LOL. I'll need you to support that assertion, is the minimum wage in New York responsible for the cost of living? I'll be waiting.

I never said that. Although, it will be a factor now.

I never said that. Although, it will be a factor now.
When you refer to similar policies, what are you referencing?

Did any of you, including the OP, bother to read the article? $15 an hour will be phased in over 3 years. The minimum wage isn't suddenly jumping to $15 in NYC.

Yes, dumb fuck, I read it. You think jacking up the wage by over 100% in a short three year period isn't going to have a negative effect on the economy?
Negative effect? 3 years to prepare, workers having more spending power.. Of course, some businesses will close, but that's the reality. I suppose you want wages to never move at all.
They won't close. They will automate. Those jobs are gone forever.

Negative effect? 3 years to prepare, workers having more spending power.. Of course, some businesses will close, but that's the reality. I suppose you want wages to never move at all.
They won't close. They will automate. Those jobs are gone forever.
Automation is going to happen either way. I can see something like a UBI existing in 50 years.

DTMB, do you admit that if welfare weren't available for low wage workers, these companies would be forced to pay higher wages?

No they would not. Those jobs would go to teenagers. It's an ENTRY LEVEL job that requires no skill. If you're an adult and you have no skills- fuck off.

Ideally, yes. But the reality is we are not going to just tell no skilled adults to fuck off. So let's deal with reality shall we? Would you rather make companies pay a reasonable wage, or pay out welfare?

Those are your options. Your pie in the sky "fuck idiots" attitude is exactly how morons like Obama get in office. I posted last year that if conservatives had any brains at all, they would have started pushing for a $10 min wage IMMEDIATELY , and cut the "$15 an hour" people off at the knees.

But nope, conservatives get dumber by the day and just insist that they aren't going to do shit, so now the min wage IS going to go to $15 an hour, as predicted.

You dumb fucks are morons.

DTMB, do you admit that if welfare weren't available for low wage workers, these companies would be forced to pay higher wages?

That all depends on how much demand there is for that type of job.

True, and that's what I'm getting at. If say tomorrow a law were passed that the low wage earner was no longer qualified for welfare, you would suddenly see that there was very little demand for min wage jobs. Who's going to work for the current minimum wage if they can't get welfare too? Answer no one.

Now short term of course you'd have all those people just go home and collect welfare only, BUT long term, those places need employees and they would have to raise wages themselves.

Do you realize how much it cost to rent a studio apartment in NYC?

Nobody is forcing them to live in NYC. If they really want to I guess they should get a roomie.

This law essentially outlaws the bottom levels of poverty. People who can't earn $15/hr will go to rural areas and states with lower minimums.

Which is what they should have been doing all along... I'm sorry but you are truly stupid if you're trying to make ends meet in NYC on minimum wage . MOVE already.

Forum List

Back