🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New York OKs $15 minimum wage for fast-food workers

Do you realize how much it cost to rent a studio apartment in NYC?

Nobody is forcing them to live in NYC. If they really want to I guess they should get a roomie.

This law essentially outlaws the bottom levels of poverty. People who can't earn $15/hr will go to rural areas and states with lower minimums.

Or welfare....

Or some combination of welfare and working off the books. Whatever it takes.

Nobody is forcing them to live in NYC. If they really want to I guess they should get a roomie.

This law essentially outlaws the bottom levels of poverty. People who can't earn $15/hr will go to rural areas and states with lower minimums.

Which is what they should have been doing all along... I'm sorry but you are truly stupid if you're trying to make ends meet in NYC on minimum wage . MOVE already.

That's exactly what these laws are saying. But some of us don't think government should have the power to dictate to us in that way.

Which is what they should have been doing all along... I'm sorry but you are truly stupid if you're trying to make ends meet in NYC on minimum wage . MOVE already.

That's exactly what these laws are saying. But some of us don't think government should have the power to dictate to us in that way.

Ideally, I believe the minimum wage is an unjust law, the ONLY and I do mean the ONLY reason I support it is because of welfare. We're never going to get rid of welfare assistance, so we need laws to make sure companies and employees don't take any more advantage of that then possible

No, it doesn't and that's not relevant to the topic at hand.
Red states receive free money from taxpayers in NYC. It is relevant because all that extra spending power creates demand.

Shut the fuck up.

It's been proven on here again and again that Blue cities within red states is where the bulk of the welfare goes too.

You are dumber than the average bear if you believe that.

Ideally, I believe the minimum wage is an unjust law, the ONLY and I do mean the ONLY reason I support it is because of welfare. We're never going to get rid of welfare assistance, so we need laws to make sure companies and employees don't take any more advantage of that then possible

Interesting. Bad laws to counter-act bad laws. Kinda like drinking to cure a hangover, don't ya think?

Red states receive free money from taxpayers in NYC. It is relevant because all that extra spending power creates demand.

Shut the fuck up.

It's been proven on here again and again that Blue cities within red states is where the bulk of the welfare goes too.

But that wont stop them from trotting it out every time we talk about welfare expenditures.
The left has a bad habit of bringing up failed theories over and over in hopes that we've forgotten I guess.

Shut the fuck up.

It's been proven chaos, over and over, and whats more you dumb fuck it's just common sense that more welfare would be paid out in cities than in rural communities, you know because there are MORE PEOPLE ON WELFARE

Interesting. Bad laws to counter-act bad laws. Kinda like drinking to cure a hangover, don't ya think?

Just dealing with reality. Welfare isn't going anywhere. I mean we can both admit that.

DTMB, do you admit that if welfare weren't available for low wage workers, these companies would be forced to pay higher wages?

That all depends on how much demand there is for that type of job.

True, and that's what I'm getting at. If say tomorrow a law were passed that the low wage earner was no longer qualified for welfare, you would suddenly see that there was very little demand for min wage jobs. Who's going to work for the current minimum wage if they can't get welfare too? Answer no one.

Now short term of course you'd have all those people just go home and collect welfare only, BUT long term, those places need employees and they would have to raise wages themselves.

Shut the fuck up.

But that wont stop them from trotting it out every time we talk about welfare expenditures.
The left has a bad habit of bringing up failed theories over and over in hopes that we've forgotten I guess.

Chao$ is a fucking moron, best to just ignore his bleatings.

Just dealing with reality. Welfare isn't going anywhere. I mean we can both admit that.

Price and wage controls do more harm than good. You don't have to admit that, if you don't want to. But I hope you'd at least think about it.

Shut the fuck up.

It's been proven chaos, over and over, and whats more you dumb fuck it's just common sense that more welfare would be paid out in cities than in rural communities, you know because there are MORE PEOPLE ON WELFARE

So you're saying rural areas don't get any farm subsidies.

DTMB, do you admit that if welfare weren't available for low wage workers, these companies would be forced to pay higher wages?

That all depends on how much demand there is for that type of job.

True, and that's what I'm getting at. If say tomorrow a law were passed that the low wage earner was no longer qualified for welfare, you would suddenly see that there was very little demand for min wage jobs. Who's going to work for the current minimum wage if they can't get welfare too? Answer no one.

Now short term of course you'd have all those people just go home and collect welfare only, BUT long term, those places need employees and they would have to raise wages themselves.

LOL so you don't think there are people out there who love the minimum wage job that they can go earn minimum wage by doing minimum work and then getting enough welfare to get by and that if not for welfare, they wouldn't quit those jobs?

Of course they would. They don't want to work real jobs.

And the min wage employees don't want to hire people that do.

Meanwhile, we are all paying a shit load of taxes to support both.

I advocated $10 an hour, and if you can't make yourself worth that to your employer, you're going to be awful hungry . Most would figure out how to make themselves more valuable to an employer.

Price and wage controls do more harm than good. You don't have to admit that, if you don't want to. But I hope you'd at least think about it.

Nixon proved that.

Of course you're right, but the effect is minimized because of welfare, and everyone just thinks "just tax the rich more, they can afford it"

Again, all your solutions entail doing away with welfare, which is NOT going to happen. EVER. People like Chao$ vote early and often to make sure of that.

No they would not. Those jobs would go to teenagers. It's an ENTRY LEVEL job that requires no skill. If you're an adult and you have no skills- fuck off.

Ideally, yes. But the reality is we are not going to just tell no skilled adults to fuck off. So let's deal with reality shall we? Would you rather make companies pay a reasonable wage, or pay out welfare?

Those are your options. Your pie in the sky "fuck idiots" attitude is exactly how morons like Obama get in office. I posted last year that if conservatives had any brains at all, they would have started pushing for a $10 min wage IMMEDIATELY , and cut the "$15 an hour" people off at the knees.

But nope, conservatives get dumber by the day and just insist that they aren't going to do shit, so now the min wage IS going to go to $15 an hour, as predicted.

You dumb fucks are morons.

It's like they don't know we vote in this country. You just can't tell a growing group of voters to fuck off.

Imagine if workers made enough to support themselves without welfare. Gosh then government could shrink and these workers might even start wanting tax breaks. So many fools on here just love having lots of poor and inequality and don't realize it grows government and slows the economy. Conservatives dont seem to have a clue anymore.

I do however think that the poverty line should be tied to the minimum wage. Moving the minimum wage up does no good in terms of getting people off welfare if you also just raise the threshold for welfare.

No they would not. Those jobs would go to teenagers. It's an ENTRY LEVEL job that requires no skill. If you're an adult and you have no skills- fuck off.

Ideally, yes. But the reality is we are not going to just tell no skilled adults to fuck off. So let's deal with reality shall we? Would you rather make companies pay a reasonable wage, or pay out welfare?

Those are your options. Your pie in the sky "fuck idiots" attitude is exactly how morons like Obama get in office. I posted last year that if conservatives had any brains at all, they would have started pushing for a $10 min wage IMMEDIATELY , and cut the "$15 an hour" people off at the knees.

But nope, conservatives get dumber by the day and just insist that they aren't going to do shit, so now the min wage IS going to go to $15 an hour, as predicted.

It's like they don't know we vote in this country. You just can't tell a growing group of voters to fuck off.

Imagine if workers made enough to support themselves without welfare. Gosh then government could shrink and these workers might even start wanting tax breaks. So many fools on here just love having lots of poor and inequality and don't realize it grows government and slows the economy. Conservatives dont seem to have a clue anymore.

There is no bigger fool than Stab.

Let's just cut your silly argument off at the knees, shall we?

Among those paid by the hour, 1.6 million earned exactly the prevailing federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour. About 2.0 million had wages below the federal minimum. Together, these 3.6 million workers with wages at or below the federal minimum made up 4.7 percent of all hourly paid worker
4.7% . that's roughly 1 in 20 people.

Approximately 20.9 million American adults, or about 9.5 percent of the U.S. population age 18 and older in a given year, have a mood disorder. The median age of onset for mood disorders is 30 years. Depressive disorders often co-occur with anxiety disorders and substance abuse. Major Depressive Disorder.
9.5% that's roughly 1 in 10.

Bottom line- No adult makes minimum wage for very long unless they are mentally challenged, on drugs, or completely worthless. In fact, hardly anyone in this country makes "minimum wage". Rendering your argument null and void. Thanks for playing.

Forum List

Back