New Yorkers Sue to Boot Cruz From Ballot

cereal_killer

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2012
Austin
This was bound to happen and well....it did. This won't go away and will be his downfall I believe.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/18/new-yo...uz-from-ballot-because-he-was-born-in-canada/

UPDATE: Pic (below) added

Screen Shot 2016-02-19 at 4.26.53 PM.png

Not likely to go anywhere but Trump is right. If Cruz gets the nomination the Democrats will pounce on the issue and THEY'LL get mileage out of it.

This was bound to happen and well....it did. This won't go away and will be his downfall I believe.

New Yorkers sue to boot Ted Cruz from ballot because he was born in Canada | New York Post

Do you think this has traction? That this issue could have Ted Cruz ruled ineligible?
To be perfectly honest I don't know. It will go through the court system though. This was bound to happen and needed to happen. Whatever the outcome, it will put the issue to rest once and for all, but again..it needs to happen and this is why its happening.

Not likely to go anywhere but Trump is right. If Cruz gets the nomination the Democrats will pounce on the issue and THEY'LL get mileage out of it.

If Obama gets Leftist to replace Antonin Scalia on Supreme Court, then say Presidential Election is Hillary vs Ted Cruz and if Cruz wins, then Obama could get new Leftist Supreme Court to rule Cruz ineligible to take office and then what would happen?

Would Leftist Supreme Court rule that Hillary should be President?

New Yorkers sue to boot Ted Cruz from ballot because he was born in Canada | New York Post
I do think that suit may effect him in S.Carolina as well.
The elections board won't meet on it until the 23rd so it may not affect him until Super Tuesday and then only if it gets traction. Carson should send out some misleading emails that Cruz is off the N.Y. ballot like Cruz did in Iowa. Poetic justice.

I don't understand the issue. His mother was an american. I have a niece that was born in Japan. My sister's her mother they are both US citizens. What exactly is the issue?

If Obama gets Leftist to replace Antonin Scalia on Supreme Court, then say Presidential Election is Hillary vs Ted Cruz and if Cruz wins, then Obama could get new Leftist Supreme Court to rule Cruz ineligible to take office and then what would happen?

Would Leftist Supreme Court rule that Hillary should be President?
Good point. Another good reason to block ANY nominee he puts up.

I don't understand the issue. His mother was an american. I have a niece that was born in Japan. My sister's her mother they are both US citizens. What exactly is the issue?
If they ever run for president it will be an issue.

I can understand that the dems will pursue it, pay back for obama, but what legal issue is there.

I can understand that the dems will pursue it, pay back for obama, but what legal issue is there.
Maybe none, but if they convince enough undecided voters that it is, it could sway an election.

Maybe none, but if they convince enough undecided voters that it is, it could sway an election.
True. It's always scary to realize issues like this can determine our future.

http://nypost.com/2016/02/18/new-yo...uz-from-ballot-because-he-was-born-in-canada/

Yeah, I am starting to side with the birthers on this one and say he need to drop is run for President. He was not born in the United States of America, and should not run for President.

I understand someone will argue his mother being American grant him that right, but unless the USSC says that is the case I am going to side on the part he was not born within the country borders, so he can not be President.

Also some will argue that President Obama was born in Kenya but Hawaii is not Kenya and until someone find a real Birth Certificate from Kenya that would disprove the Hawaiian Birth Certificate President Obama was born in the State of Hawaii...

Cruz drop his run he should endorse Rubio because there is no way he will endorse Trump!

I do think that suit may effect him in S.Carolina as well.
The elections board won't meet on it until the 23rd so it may not affect him until Super Tuesday and then only if it gets traction. Carson should send out some misleading emails that Cruz is off the N.Y. ballot like Cruz did in Iowa. Poetic justice.

I actually believe Carson is a nice guy and would not lower himself to that level, but I would not be surprise if Bush did it and blame Trump for it...

Of course the law suit is generating from New York. What does anyone expect from those people with "New York values"?
I hope they skewer Ted. But don't feel sorry for him very long. His wife goes back on the gravy train at Goldman Sachs as soon as it's over.

Forum List

Back