New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

just a bit more info and with all of Billy's admirers and Evangelical Power he never once forced me to do anything and he never punished me for any of my Sins . --- Billy Graham - Wikipedia --- Yep , Billy Graham was alright Lysis .

Maybe Billy Graham knows where Jesus is since he has left New Zealand!! or rather kicked out.

and Billy Graham started out holding tent meeting in Farm fields in the late 40s i believe Lysis
But who gives a shit? Billy (dead now) and frankie can do what they want. Why do any of the rest of us have to care?

just a bit more info and with all of Billy's admirers and Evangelical Power he never once forced me to do anything and he never punished me for any of my Sins . --- Billy Graham - Wikipedia --- Yep , Billy Graham was alright Lysis .

Maybe Billy Graham knows where Jesus is since he has left New Zealand!!
have-you-found-jesus.jpg

Conservative self-proclaimed CHRISTIAN Roy Moore (ex-judge, ran for US State Senator in Alabama and BARELY lost to a democrat) thinks you are an idiot.

HE says that the BIBLE specifically proclaims homosexuality a SIN and he believes it should be a CRIME in the US!

Why don't you go argue with him.

tell HIM to stop using the OT

tell HIM he doesn't know much about the bible....

and after that tell TRUMP who ENDORSED Moore for senate.

It does mention it and condemn it, but it doesn't call for violent action.

The New Testament says that homosexuality is a “shameful lust” (Romans 1:26), a “shameful act,” an abandonment of “natural relations” (Romans 1:27), a “wrongdoing” (1 Corinthians 6:9), and “sexual immorality and perversion” (Jude 1:7). Homosexuality carries a “due penalty” (Romans 1:27), “is contrary to the sound doctrine” (1 Timothy 1:10), and is listed among the sins that bar people from the kingdom of God (1 Corinthians 6:9). Despite the attempts of some to downplay these verses, the Bible could not be clearer that homosexuality is a sin against God.

doesn't call for VIOLENT action?

"shall be put to death"
"by stoning"
"suffer not a witch to live"
---------------------------------------------------------- and thats Ancient history not practiced by any Christian in the USA or the Western world . Course , muslims do the VIOLENCE all the time in present times as they follow the RULES of 'mo' AnyN .
It's fortunate that the USA and the "Western world" are secular then, isn't it?
That "oppression of Christians" thing has kept us all safer.
20 Commandments of Mohammad the founder of Islam
1. Thou shall Rape, Marry, and Divorce Pre-pubescent Girls. Koran 65:4
2. Thou shall have Sex Slaves and Work Slaves. Koran 4:3, 4:24, 5:89, 33:50, 58:3, 70:30
3. Thou shall Beat Sex Slaves, Work Slaves, and Wives. Koran 4:34
4. Thou shall have 4 Muslim male witnesses to prove rape. Koran 24:13
5. Thou shall Kill those who insult Islam or Mohammed. Koran 33:57
6. Thou shall Crucify and Amputate non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
7. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims to guarantee receiving 72 virgins in heaven. Koran 9:111
8. Thou shall Kill anyone who leaves Islam. Koran 2:217, 4:89
9. Thou shall Behead non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
10. Thou shall Kill AND be Killed for Islamic Allah. Koran 9:5
11. Thou shall Terrorize non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 8:60
12. Thou shall Steal and Rob from non-Muslims. Koran Chapter 8 (Booty/Spoils of War)
13. Thou shall Lie to Strengthen Islam. Koran 3:28, 16:106
14. Thou shall Fight non-Muslim even if you don't want to. Koran 2:216
15. Thou shall not take non-Muslims as friends. Koran 5:51
16. Thou shall Call non-Muslims Pigs and Apes. Koran 5:60, 7:166, 16:106
17. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as the vilest creatures deserving no mercy. Koran 98:6
18. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as sworn enemies. Koran 4:101
19. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims for not converting to Islam. Koran 9:29
20. Thou shall Extort non-Muslims to keep Islam strong. Koran 9:29.

What does this have to do with altering the parliamentary prayer? It seems that there are plenty of churches, mosques, synagogues, and temples to worship in.

reading through the posts , its this kinda zhit that happens when a country allow Diversity into its borders . It should be a warning to others , especially Americans who are purposely destroying the USA cohesiveness .
Is the U.S.A. cohesive? When did that happen? We have all kinds of religions here, plus those who do not choose to follow a faith.I think that you want to force your particular faith on others..
------------------------------------------ we were COHESIVE , we were Cohesive as Americans mostly speaking English and being Christian or Judeo Christian . And i'm speaking the 50s through the 80s , maybe early 90s . The more diverse the USA becomes the less cohesive it will be . its simply common sense Lysis .
Do you find cults like the graham and the jeffress and focus on the family and family research council "cohesive"? They are just idiots.
------------------------------------------ you were the one that mentioned Graham and Jeffress , I gave you some education is all i did Lysis . --- Don't like it , well don't read it Lysis .

Oh, so having to hear, or truly as almost no one would hear it, NOT hear, a reference to Christianity is a public prayer,

that is a from of oppression to you?
When other religions and no religion are not recognised in the same address from/in government, yes.

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.

in reply to post number 285 from Lysis . And as far as the Parlimentary Prayer , i HEAR that a possible change MAY or May not happen . As an American I don't really care one way or the other except to see 'new zealand' lefty gov go after CNM and grab him but the Nutz [and maybe IDB if he or they have any nutz . Heck . give 'new zealand' back to the 'maori' and fatten up the 'new zealanders' up for the Barbie for all i care Lysis .

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
In a country with vastly different religious beliefs like New Zealand, government should be neutral otherwise it invites accusations of religious discrimination and stirs up hatred. However, I think the timing of this decision is bad.
--------------------------------- funny and PARTLY agree . Timing is bad for the lefty 'gov' but otherwise its good for 'new zealander' Christians to see that their lefty gov is their enemy with ill will and intent towards them Flopper .

Read the OP, my man, instead of flapping your virtual lips. You will find a reference to a non specific God in it.
Ah, I see. And your argument is that this is why it should also mention one, specifically. That's a pretty crappy argument, by any standard.

That's very white of you but who are you to speak for New Zealand citizens?
You wanted my opinion, you got it. Expressing my opinion in a discussion gives me no power over anyone in new Zealand. I could say the same, idiotic, sissy thing to you, every time you express your opinion. Grow up.

The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”
Except YWHW is credited nowhere in the document as being the creator.

and Billy Graham started out holding tent meeting in Farm fields in the late 40s i believe Lysis
But who gives a shit? Billy (dead now) and frankie can do what they want. Why do any of the rest of us have to care?
---------------------------------------------------------- plus , see your posted question post 264 just above , seem that you had interest and question about Billy and Franklin Graham and I just educated YOU about Billy Graham Lysis . :afro:

Are you seriously pretending that you lefties are going to stop with this?

lol. NO ONE believes that, especially not you.
We'll have blood sacrifices in the streets by 2020.

We had them already, last year. ANd you people loved it and made bullshit excuses for them.

Blood sacrificed in the name of your crazy pretend tolerance and diversity, fighting, destroying, burning, supposed to stop "nazis" several of whom were Jewish.

So full of shit, you people.

Those references to Jesus were removed by one person without any consultation and is a slap in the face to nearly half the nation.

"Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

From a Parliamentary prayer by the Speaker of the Parliament, who has the Authority to do so.

Oh, so having to hear, or truly as almost no one would hear it, NOT hear, a reference to Christianity is a public prayer,

that is a from of oppression to you?
When other religions and no religion are not recognised in the same address from/in government, yes.

So, Christianity is not allowed to ever be celebrated or observed, by itself.

So, when the nation observed the Muslim Call to Prayer, was there multiple references to the many other religions in New Zealand?

This is a rhetorical question. We all know that that it is different when it is not Christianity.

"Waaaaah, if they dont say Jaysus in the parliamentary prayer, then they are forcing Jaysus out of everyone's lives!"

Fuckin stupid nonsense...

Forum List

Back