Newly Elected Muslim Congresswomen Favor Eliminating Israel

It really is a shame that identity politics has lead us to dregs like Rashida Tlaib.

Rep. Tlaib Defends Rep. Omar Amid Anti-Semitism Controversy: She's 'Targeted' Like 'Civil Rights Icons'

I think both these women are being targeted in part because they are Muslim.
I think they are being targeted because of what they have been saying.

From pro Israel and anti BDS before elections, to anti Israel and pro BDS post elections.

Other politicians have expressed anti-semitic views and not been targeted. There is absolutely no requirement for any of our politicians to be pro-Israel. Israel is a nation, like any other nation who happens to be an ally.
Just maybe, none of the politicians you are thinking about won seats in office by saying they were pro Israel and anti BDS when they were really not.

In other words, both of these women lied in order to be voted in.

Beyond that, they did not miss any time in attacking Israel after they got in.

They do not need to be Pro Israel.

They do not need to make it their main event for the next 2 to 4 years.
No the people who
OWN the Congress have a goal, Open Borders to let more slave voters in, more drugs, gangs, illness, disabled welfare Mothers, children who have no education, and in some cases disabled mentaly, so a pretty wide range of new people coming across the borders, from China, South America, Muslim Nations, Russia, Japan, anyone who can get her gets a free ticket to ride the welfare train. Who pays for it the working Americans who do the 9 to 5 job and then works part time just to make to day to day. No saving account because they are required to pay for Health Ins, and taxes, and house taxes. We are getting screwed by every welfare program and on the side is still Vets, and disabled American who can not feed themselves. We need to find the illegals and deport, we want no more border baby being dropped this needs to be done now if not yesterday.

It's nice to see Ilhan Omar is making new friends while devoting ample time to ignoring her day job.

12 pro-Israel groups call on Pelosi, Engel to remove Omar from House Committee

They also sounded the alarm ahead of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s scheduled appearance at Islamic Relief USA, “whose parent organization and chapters have documented ties to terrorist organizations.”
The Zio-Lobby's War on "Anti-Semitism" & Ilhan Omar

It really is a shame that identity politics has lead us to dregs like Rashida Tlaib.

Rep. Tlaib Defends Rep. Omar Amid Anti-Semitism Controversy: She's 'Targeted' Like 'Civil Rights Icons'

You honestly see nothing wrong with her saying “ It’s

Really? It has nothing to do with her remarks “ It’s about the Benjamin’s baby” or saying that anyone who supports Israel has an allegiance to a foreign Country? I’m not surprised at your stance.
While I do wish she should have been condemned the broad Resolution did do one thing; She knows she better keep her mouth shut

I did not say there is nothing wrong with it. I initially defended her when she first made her statements, because she subsequently apologized, but she keeps making the same sort of statements so it's not a one-off.

But I am very glad the resolution was broader than anti-semitism. We need to condemn all forms of hate...right? I don't think that demonizing is acceptable in American politics whether its racial, ethnic, religious, immigrants - it leads to bad things. If you are going to argue Israel's policies then argue those policies specifically.

There is no US demand for "allegience" to Israel from mainstream politics. But she does have a point. There are sectors, in American politics that do seem to almost demand it. It's not driven by American Jews, but rather in the more conservative Christian parts of the country. And it should be able to be discussed without either reverting to anti-semitic tropes or muslim bashing.

What are you thoughts on situations like these:

Lawsuits filed in Texas challenging law requiring state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel

(this claim was fact checked FACT CHECK: Does a Texas Law Require Government Contractors to Swear They Won't Boycott Israel?)

Texas lawmaker demands Muslims to swear allegiance next to an Israeli flag | The Express Tribune

I know you don't agree with BDS, but imo - we have a right to boycott whom we choose. As Americans, it's a right of free speech, and boycott movements are generally non-violent. When a government entity makes it a requirement to sign an oath you will not engage in boycotts of one and only one specific country - that is disturbing.

She “ apologized “ because she was Forced to. Common sense would dictate that. Free speech? Then a Jewish Congressman or woman would have the Right to call Muslims Terrorists, Killer of Christians, etc. etc.
It’s obvious by the way she dressed she’s proud of her heritage. I can say she doesn’t have an allegiance to this Country

No truer Troll works have ever been posted..

After getting some (thankful) serious pushback from some of her congressional colleagues for invoking yet another anti-Semitic slur, Omar decided to double-down on her anti-Semitism, tweeting three days later: “I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee.”

To be clear, nobody has asked Omar or anyone else in the U.S. Congress to “swear allegiance” to Israel or any other foreign country. Not for Japan, which the US supports in numerous ways, not Kuwait, when the US Congress backed sending hundreds of thousands of US troops to fight for Kuwait’s sovereignty; and not to Nigeria, Zambia, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya, which last year received a combined $3 billion in foreign aid from the U.S.

And Omar knows this. But just like her colleague, Rashida Tlaib, Omar can’t help but accuse Americans who support the only Jewish state of doing so for pernicious reasons; and of supporting policies or positions that favor Israel, not because for example: they genuinely believe it is the right thing to do, Israel is the sole democracy in a sea of brutal autocracies, Israel’s environmental and medical innovations and inventions literally save lives, or because America and the US are critical military allies, sharing intelligence, and important military innovations (like the Iron Dome).

Omar also doesn’t even give American Jews the benefit that is afforded to millions of other Americans, who are Nigerian, Kenyan, Italian, Polish, Irish, Japanese etc., the right to be Americans first and foremost, but to also want to see their ancestral homeland, particularly ones that are strong U.S. allies, do well too.

No. For Omar, people in Congress or in America who support Israel, are different than those who support Japan, Kenya, Ireland, etc. Their support for Israel is based on a nefarious “pledge of allegiance” to Israel, something that every American citizen is supposed to give only to the U.S. Well, there is a name for this anti-Semitic slur; and it is a pretty infamous one: the “dual loyalty” canard.

Like, the other two slurs invoked by Omar, this one also goes back millennia and has been used for centuries, including in the last one by both Hitler and Stalin, as a justification, for persecuting, rounding up, and murdering Jews. For more on the role that the mendacious and vile dual loyalty slur has played for literally thousands of years for Jews, as one of the most persecuted and oppressed groups in history, one should read Alex Zeldin’s excellent piece in the Forward on Omar’s all too familiar attack on Jewish “allegiances.”

(full article online)

When It Comes to Anti-Semitism, For the Left It’s Suddenly 'All Lives Matter'

I think both these women are antisemitic in part because they are Muslim.

That sounds as if you are saying Muslims are automaticaly antisemitic. Is it?

Nope. Saying people who are demonstrably antisemitic, are often influenced by Islamic or Christian religious ideology.
Found out that many people will not hire a muslim, they need pray breaks three time a day. This is on company time and also the regular breaks on top of that. They don't handle leather unless they know where it came from. The have a lot of Don'ts and other than Death of America I don't see much use for them.

After getting some (thankful) serious pushback from some of her congressional colleagues for invoking yet another anti-Semitic slur, Omar decided to double-down on her anti-Semitism, tweeting three days later: “I should not be expected to have allegiance/pledge support to a foreign country in order to serve my country in Congress or serve on committee.”

To be clear, nobody has asked Omar or anyone else in the U.S. Congress to “swear allegiance” to Israel or any other foreign country. Not for Japan, which the US supports in numerous ways, not Kuwait, when the US Congress backed sending hundreds of thousands of US troops to fight for Kuwait’s sovereignty; and not to Nigeria, Zambia, Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya, which last year received a combined $3 billion in foreign aid from the U.S.

And Omar knows this. But just like her colleague, Rashida Tlaib, Omar can’t help but accuse Americans who support the only Jewish state of doing so for pernicious reasons; and of supporting policies or positions that favor Israel, not because for example: they genuinely believe it is the right thing to do, Israel is the sole democracy in a sea of brutal autocracies, Israel’s environmental and medical innovations and inventions literally save lives, or because America and the US are critical military allies, sharing intelligence, and important military innovations (like the Iron Dome).

Omar also doesn’t even give American Jews the benefit that is afforded to millions of other Americans, who are Nigerian, Kenyan, Italian, Polish, Irish, Japanese etc., the right to be Americans first and foremost, but to also want to see their ancestral homeland, particularly ones that are strong U.S. allies, do well too.

No. For Omar, people in Congress or in America who support Israel, are different than those who support Japan, Kenya, Ireland, etc. Their support for Israel is based on a nefarious “pledge of allegiance” to Israel, something that every American citizen is supposed to give only to the U.S. Well, there is a name for this anti-Semitic slur; and it is a pretty infamous one: the “dual loyalty” canard.

Like, the other two slurs invoked by Omar, this one also goes back millennia and has been used for centuries, including in the last one by both Hitler and Stalin, as a justification, for persecuting, rounding up, and murdering Jews. For more on the role that the mendacious and vile dual loyalty slur has played for literally thousands of years for Jews, as one of the most persecuted and oppressed groups in history, one should read Alex Zeldin’s excellent piece in the Forward on Omar’s all too familiar attack on Jewish “allegiances.”

(full article online)

When It Comes to Anti-Semitism, For the Left It’s Suddenly 'All Lives Matter'

I think both these women are antisemitic in part because they are Muslim.

That sounds as if you are saying Muslims are automaticaly antisemitic. Is it?

Nope. Saying people who are demonstrably antisemitic, are often influenced by Islamic or Christian religious ideology.
Found out that many people will not hire a muslim, they need pray breaks three time a day. This is on company time and also the regular breaks on top of that. They don't handle leather unless they know where it came from. The have a lot of Don'ts and other than Death of America I don't see much use for them.
You are way off topic. And please, try not to type in bold letters all the time. Thank you.

Omar’s district, which spans Minneapolis and some of its inner-ring suburbs, is a place attuned to religious tension. Longtime members of the Somali community still speak about the profiling they experienced in the years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and about the fear they felt after a mosque was bombed by white supremacists in nearby Bloomington in 2017. In those difficult times, the Times quoted them saying, Jewish leaders in Minnesota made a point of stating their support.

“When religion is under attack, they stand by us, because they’ve been there,” said Zahra Ali, a Somali-American resident of Minneapolis who once saw Ms. Omar’s election as a beacon of hope but who did not plan to vote for her again.

“For her to go out there and target, on a daily basis, Jews, is very sad,” Ms. Ali said.

(full article online)

Somali-Americans in Minneapolis Voice Criticism of Rep. Ilhan Omar for ‘Targeting Jews’

Such endless Hypocrisy and use of Americans who really fought against intolerance.

The Muslim community, she says.

Is Islam one whole community? When did that happen?

Is Christianity one whole community? I would not say so.

Edit, or choose the parts one wishes others to listen to, it will not change what Miss Tlaib has already shown that she is about.

Funny it takes a bulb headed Somali to call out the Jews and their Christian Zio slaves.
AIPAC is your daddy...goy.

I think they are being targeted because of what they have been saying.

From pro Israel and anti BDS before elections, to anti Israel and pro BDS post elections.

Other politicians have expressed anti-semitic views and not been targeted. There is absolutely no requirement for any of our politicians to be pro-Israel. Israel is a nation, like any other nation who happens to be an ally.
So I take it Death to America is OK.

Who called for Death to America Dan Stubbs?

It's nice to see Ilhan Omar is making new friends while devoting ample time to ignoring her day job.

They also sounded the alarm ahead of Rep. Ilhan Omar’s scheduled appearance at Islamic Relief USA, “whose parent organization and chapters have documented ties to terrorist organizations.”

Really? It has nothing to do with her remarks “ It’s about the Benjamin’s baby” or saying that anyone who supports Israel has an allegiance to a foreign Country? I’m not surprised at your stance.
While I do wish she should have been condemned the broad Resolution did do one thing; She knows she better keep her mouth shut

I did not say there is nothing wrong with it. I initially defended her when she first made her statements, because she subsequently apologized, but she keeps making the same sort of statements so it's not a one-off.

But I am very glad the resolution was broader than anti-semitism. We need to condemn all forms of hate...right? I don't think that demonizing is acceptable in American politics whether its racial, ethnic, religious, immigrants - it leads to bad things. If you are going to argue Israel's policies then argue those policies specifically.

There is no US demand for "allegience" to Israel from mainstream politics. But she does have a point. There are sectors, in American politics that do seem to almost demand it. It's not driven by American Jews, but rather in the more conservative Christian parts of the country. And it should be able to be discussed without either reverting to anti-semitic tropes or muslim bashing.

Lawsuits filed in Texas challenging law requiring state contractors to pledge not to boycott Israel

(this claim was fact checked FACT CHECK: Does a Texas Law Require Government Contractors to Swear They Won't Boycott Israel?)

Texas lawmaker demands Muslims to swear allegiance next to an Israeli flag | The Express Tribune

I know you don't agree with BDS, but imo - we have a right to boycott whom we choose. As Americans, it's a right of free speech, and boycott movements are generally non-violent. When a government entity makes it a requirement to sign an oath you will not engage in boycotts of one and only one specific country - that is disturbing.

We have been through those alleged allegiances in Texas. There is no truth to them.

Who is “we” and yes they are factually based.

She “ apologized “ because she was Forced to. Common sense would dictate that. Free speech? Then a Jewish Congressman or woman would have the Right to call Muslims Terrorists, Killer of Christians, etc. etc.
It’s obvious by the way she dressed she’s proud of her heritage. I can say she doesn’t have an allegiance to this Country

This country? What country are you talking about? Israel? The US? She has allegiance to the US.

Here are some of your Islamophobia buddies attacking her.

Sign Falsely Linking Muslim Congresswoman To Sept. 11 Sparks Outrage In West Virginia

W.Va. House official who resigned denies making anti-Muslim slur - WV MetroNews

Someone like Omar should have lunch with some of the Jewish elected officials. Maybe they would realize they have more in common then not.

Omar didn't say anything anti-Semitic. That's just the spin all these Washington kiss-asses are trying to make it out to be. Because they don't want anyone saying anything bad about Israel. They don't even want a debate about whether or not Israel is doing something bad.

I know one thing, all this outrage proved she was right.

Other politicians have expressed anti-semitic views and not been targeted.

Examples? Especially from Dems?

From the Dems not so much, which is why I said that as the party of “tolerance” they can’t just let it slide.

Leading Republican who denounced Omar refuses to apologize for 'anti-Semitic' tweet

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-us-with-an-age-old-caricature-fistfuls-cash/

The Anti-Semitic 8—Election Results
Six GOP House Members Who Need to Resign for Anti-Semitism Before Ilhan Omar

We have been through those alleged allegiances in Texas. There is no truth to them.

We = You, I, Hollie, others

The Texas issue with the Muslims was in 2015

Ugly anti-Muslim taunts by Texas lawmaker, protesters are embarrassments to Texans | Opinion | Dallas News

Ugly anti-Muslim taunts by Texas lawmaker, protesters are embarrassments to Texans | Opinion | Dallas News

BDS against only one country in the world is not "whom we choose". It is whom the anti Israel groups choose.

----------
And to clarify:

Everyone is Misreporting the Texas BDS Lawsuit

Here is the specific language Ms. Amawi was asked to sign (see appendix A):

Pursuant to Section 2270.001 of Texas Government Code, the Contractor affirms that it: 1. Does not currently boycott Israel; and 2. Will not boycott Israel during the term of the contract Pursuant to Section 2270.001 of Texas Government Code:

1. "Boycott Israel" means refusing to deal with, terminating business activities with, or otherwise taking any action that is intended to penalize, inflict economic harm on, or limit commercial relations specifically with Israel, or with a person or entity doing business in Israel or in an Israeli-controlled territory, but does not include an action made for ordinary business purposes;and
  2. "Company" means a for-profit sole proprietorship, organization, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or any limited liability company, including a wholly owned subsidiary, majority-owned subsidiary, parent company or affiliate of those entities or business associations that exist to make a profit.
Note that, consistent with the language and obvious intent of the law (see the text here, it's even titled "PROHIBITION ON CONTRACTS WITH COMPANIES BOYCOTTING ISRAEL"), the school district certification applies to the business, "it," not the individual "she." Contrary to what I've been reading all over the internet, Ms. Amawi is not being asked to pledge that she, in her personal capacity, will not privately boycott Israel, much less that, e.g., she will not advocate for boycotting Israel or otherwise refrain from criticizing Israel.

Such endless Hypocrisy and use of Americans who really fought against intolerance.

The Muslim community, she says.

Is Islam one whole community? When did that happen?

Is Christianity one whole community? I would not say so.

Edit, or choose the parts one wishes others to listen to, it will not change what Miss Tlaib has already shown that she is about.

Unfortunately...Islam became one community after 9/11 when every Muslim is blamed for it. Every Muslim is labeled a potential terrorist, pedophile or rapist. Culture, ethnicity and nationality doesn’t matter (sarcasm alert).

We = You, I, Hollie, others

The Texas issue with the Muslims was in 2015

BDS against only one country in the world is not "whom we choose". It is whom the anti Israel groups choose.

----------
And to clarify:

Everyone is Misreporting the Texas BDS Lawsuit

Here is the specific language Ms. Amawi was asked to sign (see appendix A):

Pursuant to Section 2270.001 of Texas Government Code, the Contractor affirms that it: 1. Does not currently boycott Israel; and 2. Will not boycott Israel during the term of the contract Pursuant to Section 2270.001 of Texas Government Code:

1. "Boycott Israel" means refusing to deal with, terminating business activities with, or otherwise taking any action that is intended to penalize, inflict economic harm on, or limit commercial relations specifically with Israel, or with a person or entity doing business in Israel or in an Israeli-controlled territory, but does not include an action made for ordinary business purposes;and
  2. "Company" means a for-profit sole proprietorship, organization, association, corporation, partnership, joint venture, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or any limited liability company, including a wholly owned subsidiary, majority-owned subsidiary, parent company or affiliate of those entities or business associations that exist to make a profit.
Note that, consistent with the language and obvious intent of the law (see the text here, it's even titled "PROHIBITION ON CONTRACTS WITH COMPANIES BOYCOTTING ISRAEL"), the school district certification applies to the business, "it," not the individual "she." Contrary to what I've been reading all over the internet, Ms. Amawi is not being asked to pledge that she, in her personal capacity, will not privately boycott Israel, much less that, e.g., she will not advocate for boycotting Israel or otherwise refrain from criticizing Israel.
The BDS movement exists because there is no one holding Israel accountable for their crimes against humanity.

Forum List

Back