🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

News about Texas Voter ID Law

Part of that has to do with the type of photo IDs the Legislature designated as legitimate. For example, military IDs and concealed handgun carry permits — they're lawful to vote. But state employee photo IDs and university photo IDs are not. So the Legislature approved ID cards that were more likely to be held by white Republican voters and excluded IDs that were more likely to be held by minority Democrats.
All of that beside the point that state-issued drivers' licenses and state IDs were accepted forms of ID.... and the form of ID most often used to obtain an state employee and university ID.
Then why NOT allow university ID's but DO allow Handgun permits?
CCW IDs are issued by the sheriff, university IDs are not.

Now isn't the time for you to keep flapping your jaws. You're wrong and guilty.
Nothing I've said is wrong, and I am guilty of nothing.

Part of that has to do with the type of photo IDs the Legislature designated as legitimate. For example, military IDs and concealed handgun carry permits — they're lawful to vote. But state employee photo IDs and university photo IDs are not. So the Legislature approved ID cards that were more likely to be held by white Republican voters and excluded IDs that were more likely to be held by minority Democrats.
All of that beside the point that state-issued drivers' licenses and state IDs were accepted forms of ID.... and the form of ID most often used to obtain an state employee and university ID.
Then why NOT allow university ID's but DO allow Handgun permits?
CCW IDs are issued by the sheriff, university IDs are not.

Now isn't the time for you to keep flapping your jaws. You're wrong and guilty.
Nothing I've said is wrong, and I am guilty of nothing.
I love it that Republicans try to do everything they can to stop black people from voting, and then turn around and say black people should be voting for Republicans.

In 22 States, a Wave of New Voting Restrictions Threatens to Shift Outcomes in Tight Races

While voter ID laws are nothing new, before 2011 only two states required voters to show government-issued photo IDs at the polls. Since 2011, nine states passed strict new ID laws. (Those states are Alabama, Arkansas, Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and Wisconsin.)

Can you show me in states that didn't do this that there is a lot of voter fraud? No you can not. This is all designed to discourage voters.

Ten states passed laws making it harder for citizens to register. These include laws curbing voter registration drives (in Florida, Illinois, Texas, and Virginia); rules requiring voters to provide documentary proof of citizenship when registering (in Alabama, Kansas, Tennessee, and previously in Arizona); laws eliminating the highly popular same-day registration (in Nebraska and North Carolina); and a law making it harder for people who move to stay registered (in Wisconsin). Voter registration problems, which tend to pass under the radar, have long been the single greatest barrier to voting, causing millions of lost votes per year. Unless your state has same-day registration, if you are not registered, you cannot vote. One in four eligible Americans is not registered, and millions more have outdated registrations.

Republicans, stop pretending you are not trying to suppress voters from turning out. You are evil anti American pricks. Now I'm going to go out on the lake on my boat and drink some beer. Have a nice weekend losers.

Can you show me in states that didn't do this that there is a lot of voter fraud? No you can not. This is all designed to discourage voters.
I shall ask you the same question i ask everyone else that whines about voter ID.
Maybe YOU can answer the question, though I imagine all I will get is deflection.
Absent a state-issued picture ID, how can the people at the polls positively confirm the person seeking to cast a ballot is who he says he is?

Forum List

Back