Next.. Group Marriage

He claims he doesn't want the government controlling his life, but wants the government to control other's lives?
I am guessing he is also Pro Life.

not true at all, just don't have the government demand that I accept your beliefs. No one objects to gays entering into a mutual care and committment contract with all the rights of a man/woman marriage. But the gay committment contract is not a marriage, and I resent the government mandating that the majority change their long standing beliefs of what constitutes a marriage.

How is a law stopping you from stopping gays from getting married, a law forcing you to personally accept gay marriage as the same as hetero marriage?

I don't understand your point.

Either you think you have the right to force gays to not marry. Or you believe that gays getting married somehow forces you to accept that they are married. I don't understand how you can believe you have the right to force gays to remain separated in the eyes of the law.

He only wants heterosexual marriage defined as marriage. SAme sex couples can have something similar but not marriage.. I.E. he wants special treatment from the government based on his beliefs. The very reason he claims to have a problem with same sex marriage.

So, there you finally said it. This is not about equal rights at all, its all about the word "marriage". you don't want just equality, you want the government for force the rest of us to call gay union a marriage---------you want government mandated thought control--not equality.

Avatar realizes to believe that he is the Mad Hatter in his own production of delusion.

He is a rabbit in a universe he did not create.

A lot of people were brought up to believe, deep down, that gay behavior, plural marriages, race mixing, religion mixing, etc... will the be the downfall of mankind. IOW if you don't look like me smell like me talk like me and have my beliefs, something is wrong with you and you need to be stopped.

not true at all, just don't have the government demand that I accept your beliefs. No one objects to gays entering into a mutual care and committment contract with all the rights of a man/woman marriage. But the gay committment contract is not a marriage, and I resent the government mandating that the majority change their long standing beliefs of what constitutes a marriage.

Clearly, by your stated resentment, you do object. Your second sentence contradicts your first sentence. It's not a marriage in your eyes, so what? What makes you the owner of the term marriage? Your religion? Are you saying throw out the first amendment to the Constitution for your benefit?

How is a law stopping you from stopping gays from getting married, a law forcing you to personally accept gay marriage as the same as hetero marriage?

I don't understand your point.

Either you think you have the right to force gays to not marry. Or you believe that gays getting married somehow forces you to accept that they are married. I don't understand how you can believe you have the right to force gays to remain separated in the eyes of the law.

He only wants heterosexual marriage defined as marriage. SAme sex couples can have something similar but not marriage.. I.E. he wants special treatment from the government based on his beliefs. The very reason he claims to have a problem with same sex marriage.

So, there you finally said it. This is not about equal rights at all, its all about the word "marriage". you don't want just equality, you want the government for force the rest of us to call gay union a marriage---------you want government mandated thought control--not equality.

No, that is what you want.
The government isn't forcing you to call it marriage, they aren't forcing you to accept it. Or do you have something to do with the IRS or social security office?
The only thing the government is doing is recognizing DOMA is unconstitutional and that no where in the constitution does it define marriage.
Mandated thought control? You mean like not defining same sex marriage as marriage because that is what YOU BELIEVE? You mean like that?
And you want the government to force same sex couples to accept your beliefs on how marriage is defined.
Like I said, a hypocrite.

He claims he doesn't want the government controlling his life, but wants the government to control other's lives?

damn right I am anti-infanticide. I am against all forms of murder.

So you also want to the government involved in the choices women make about their body.
So in reality you only want the government out of your life and to coincide with YOUR beliefs. You want special treatment from the government. Got it.

A lot of people were brought up to believe, deep down, that gay behavior, plural marriages, race mixing, religion mixing, etc... will the be the downfall of mankind. IOW if you don't look like me smell like me talk like me and have my beliefs, something is wrong with you and you need to be stopped.

Clearly, by your stated resentment, you do object. Your second sentence contradicts your first sentence. It's not a marriage in your eyes, so what? What makes you the owner of the term marriage? Your religion? Are you saying throw out the first amendment to the Constitution for your benefit?

marriage has had a certain meaning in human cultures for centuries, homosexuality, while it has always been around, has always been considered a perversion.

I have no problem with gays wanting a legal document committing to each other and giving them survivor benefits etc, but that union is not a marriage.

as I ssid to someone else, you guys don't want equality and equal rights, you want to change the definition of marriage that has been used for thousands of years---and you want the government to force the rest of us to accept that change. You may win this, but not without a fight, and if you win, society will lose. But who cares, we have already lost most of our cultural heritage in the name of political correctness, might as well follow the romans and egyptians into the abyss of immorality.

damn right I am anti-infanticide. I am against all forms of murder.

So you also want to the government involved in the choices women make about their body.
So in reality you only want the government out of your life and to coincide with YOUR beliefs. You want special treatment from the government. Got it.

No, I want murder to be illegal. If a guy kills a pregnant woman, he is charged with two counts of murder----how do you explain that if the unborn child is not a person?

Again, how does it affect you? Directly?

Of yes, it doesn't.

Gay people are icky. And if we allow gays to get married I may be tempted to marry my dog. And my chair. And my dog's chair. And... I should stop posting drunk...

I forgot that was the argument of the homophobes. Gay marriage is icky. There is a YouTube video on that, lol.

Well noomi, we know you love homos and abortions, so my question, have you had the pink taco?

marriage has had a certain meaning in human cultures for centuries, homosexuality, while it has always been around, has always been considered a perversion.

I have no problem with gays wanting a legal document committing to each other and giving them survivor benefits etc, but that union is not a marriage.

as I ssid to someone else, you guys don't want equality and equal rights, you want to change the definition of marriage that has been used for thousands of years---and you want the government to force the rest of us to accept that change. You may win this, but not without a fight, and if you win, society will lose. But who cares, we have already lost most of our cultural heritage in the name of political correctness, might as well follow the romans and egyptians into the abyss of immorality.

How will society lose? How will you lose?

So yor tolerant to male on male felatio, but not to the people that oppose it?

I am not tolerant of bigots.
And there is two Ls in fellatio.

Do you only have a problem with two men giving each other head?

wow, you're not tolerant of biggots, well please tell us your definition? I cant wait to hear it.

See post #191.
That is a bigot.

For Dildoduck I will add. There is one G in bigots, there are two Ls in fellatio.

I am not tolerant of bigots.
And there is two Ls in fellatio.

Do you only have a problem with two men giving each other head?

wow, you're not tolerant of biggots, well please tell us your definition? I cant wait to hear it.

See post #191.
That is a bigot.

For Dildoduck I will add. There is one G in bigots, there are two Ls in fellatio.

damn--this thread is like English Class. but thanks !

Forum List

Back