Next.. Group Marriage

What the heck are you talking about now?

Ive never claimed to represent general America. I represent myself and I argue for what I think is right and just. And sometimes for the sheer entertainment value of seeing people react to a position.

Do you live in a bubble of unreality, Avatar? Do you think that you are normal mainstream?

You have nothing to of import other than to yourself say about others right to marry. You speak not for America. You speak not for God.

You need to come back to reality. We do this by a constitutional Republic and democratic voting and protecting minority rights.

Neither your or your co-religionists' civil or religious liberties are being infringed.

You need to let this go for you own sanity.

Jake. Seriously, are you taking drugs or something? You're posts the last few days are complete irrational. Why on earth would you ask a question of whether I think I am normal mainstream in response to a post where I explicitly point out that I don't claim to be. It makes no sense to ask a question that was already answered.

If that was the only thing you've been doing, I wouldn't be so concerned about you. But you've also brought up some unconnected argument about evangelical heresies in a discussion about how to resolve family & inheritence disputes if we eliminate government involvement in marriage. A discussion that has absolutely nothing to do with religion.

On top of that you have been arguing that the government has the power to ban people from exercising their First amendment rights because they think they are going to be disruptive and seem to think that by doing this you are upholding the First amendment.

These are some completely irrational responses to discussions going on. They don't make any sense from anyone, especially you. Are you alright? I am seriously worried about you because despite any differences we have, I think you are a good man and i have no desire to see anything bad happen to you.

Jake your behavior and your reasoning make absolutely no sense here. Im very worried about you.

You are fixating on me as you describe the internal dissolution of your own understanding of the world. You are becoming disassociated from it, your irrationality is becoming more prominent, your refusal to accept that you are out of the mainstream on these major issues contines to grow. This will lead to a martyr complex eventually.

Please, please re-evaluate your comments and feelings. Your choices have consequences.

I see so your homophobia allows you to personally bar gays from entering a contractual agreement and this makes sense to you.

Have you people lost all ability to reason? You really think just trying to pretend i fear gays invalidates anything I've said or proves you to be correct?

I am seriously dumbfounded how deep the rabbit hole has been going lately.

Ok, if not homophobia, what then is the basis for your deep desire to bar gays from entering a contractual agreement? What is your reasoning? What are they guilty of?

I see so your homophobia allows you to personally bar gays from entering a contractual agreement and this makes sense to you.

Have you people lost all ability to reason? You really think just trying to pretend i fear gays invalidates anything I've said or proves you to be correct?

Ok, if not homophobia, what then is the basis for your deep desire to bar gays from entering a contractual agreement? What is your reasoning? What are they guilty of?

Avatar realizes to believe that he is the Mad Hatter in his own production of delusion.

He is a rabbit in a universe he did not create.

Avatar realizes to believe that he is the Mad Hatter in his own production of delusion.

A lot of people were brought up to believe, deep down, that gay behavior, plural marriages, race mixing, religion mixing, etc... will the be the downfall of mankind. IOW if you don't look like me smell like me talk like me and have my beliefs, something is wrong with you and you need to be stopped.

A lot of people were brought up to believe, deep down, that gay behavior, plural marriages, race mixing, religion mixing, etc... will the be the downfall of mankind. IOW if you don't look like me smell like me talk like me and have my beliefs, something is wrong with you and you need to be stopped.

not true at all, just don't have the government demand that I accept your beliefs. No one objects to gays entering into a mutual care and committment contract with all the rights of a man/woman marriage. But the gay committment contract is not a marriage, and I resent the government mandating that the majority change their long standing beliefs of what constitutes a marriage.

not true at all, just don't have the government demand that I accept your beliefs. No one objects to gays entering into a mutual care and committment contract with all the rights of a man/woman marriage. But the gay committment contract is not a marriage, and I resent the government mandating that the majority change their long standing beliefs of what constitutes a marriage.

So you are demanding the government to accept your beliefs? Is that what you are saying?

So you are demanding the government to accept your beliefs? Is that what you are saying?

No, the government should not be involved. Everyone should be able to practice their own beliefs. I have no issues with gays living together and making a legal committment to each other, and I think they should have the same rights as a man/woman marriage.

What I object to is a government mandate forcing anyone to accept or condone a life style that they do not believe in. The government should not tell me that I must call a gay hook up a marriage. The government should not tell a businessman who he must do business with. The government should not tell us what to watch on TV or what kind of car we can drive.

The government should get out of our lives and let us live free. Government should be limited to the functions called out in the constitution----everthing else should be left to the states and individuals.

The gay marriage thing is just a symptom of ever increasing government domination of every aspect of our lives.

No, the government should not be involved. Everyone should be able to practice their own beliefs. I have no issues with gays living together and making a legal committment to each other, and I think they should have the same rights as a man/woman marriage.

What I object to is a government mandate forcing anyone to accept or condone a life style that they do not believe in. The government should not tell me that I must call a gay hook up a marriage. The government should not tell a businessman who he must do business with. The government should not tell us what to watch on TV or what kind of car we can drive.

The government should get out of our lives and let us live free. Government should be limited to the functions called out in the constitution----everthing else should be left to the states and individuals.

The gay marriage thing is just a symptom of ever increasing government domination of every aspect of our lives.

How is two men getting married dominating any aspect of YOUR life?

Do you think the government should recognize heterosexual marriage?

try to pay attention and understand the words that are posted.

the government should recoginze heterosexual marriage and gay civil unions. They should receive equal treatment under the law..

The government should not mandate that anyone condone or accept gay unions as normal and good for society. This is not about equal rights, this is about trying to change our culture and basic moral beliefs.

now, back to the OP. Once gay marriage is legalized federally, then there is no way that all other aberations of marriage can be banned. The lawyers will have a field day with this and the end result will be that group marriage, inter-family marriage, and any other combination that can be dreamed up will also become legal.

try to pay attention and understand the words that are posted.

the government should recoginze heterosexual marriage and gay civil unions. They should receive equal treatment under the law..

The government should not mandate that anyone condone or accept gay unions as normal and good for society. This is not about equal rights, this is about trying to change our culture and basic moral beliefs.

now, back to the OP. Once gay marriage is legalized federally, then there is no way that all other aberations of marriage can be banned. The lawyers will have a field day with this and the end result will be that group marriage, inter-family marriage, and any other combination that can be dreamed up will also become legal.

So like I said you want the government to recognize your beliefs and not gay people's beliefs. So you want special treatment from the government, got it.
And you don't really believe what you just said, that the government should be limited to what is called out in the constitution. Because no where in the constitution does it define marriage.
I think you need to pay attention to what you are saying.

You want the government to recognize Religious beliefs/ your beliefs as to what marriage is. But you have a problem with it recognizing homosexuals beliefs on same sex marriage.
So what you are saying is, you want special treatment from the federal government. Got it.

You are mandating that the government accept your views on marriage.
You are asking for special treatment.
You are demanding that the government recognize your beliefs.

And gay marriage doesn't change your beliefs, or force you to change your beliefs. It doesn't demand other's change it either. The only thing it does it give same sex couples equal rights, and the end of DOMA means the federal government no longer uses religious beliefs to deny someone a right.

As for your other claim about group marriage. It's like the argument about marrying dogs or children. It is stupid and makes you look petty.

And gay marriage doesn't change your beliefs, or force you to change your beliefs. It doesn't demand other's change it either. The only thing it does it give same sex couples equal rights, and the end of DOMA means the federal government no longer uses religious beliefs to deny someone a right.

As for your other claim about group marriage. It's like the argument about marrying dogs or children. It is stupid and makes you look petty.

talking to you is like talking to a house plant. I am advocating equal treatment under the law. But, I do not want the government telling us how we must think and what we must believe.

polygamy will be next, then mother/daugher father/son for in order to dodge inheritance taxes. the door is opened, there is no valid legal defense to prevent all forms of marriage once gay marriage is legalized.

Should the government discriminate against muslims whose religion permits multiple wives?

Just wait, its coming.

How is a law stopping you from stopping gays from getting married, a law forcing you to personally accept gay marriage as the same as hetero marriage?

I don't understand your point.

The logic in my brain, resolves this to either you think you have the right to force gays to not marry, or you believe that gays getting married somehow forces you to accept that they are married. I don't understand how you can believe you have the right to force gays to remain separated in the eyes of the law.

Last edited:

talking to you is like talking to a house plant. I am advocating equal treatment under the law. But, I do not want the government telling us how we must think and what we must believe.

polygamy will be next, then mother/daugher father/son for in order to dodge inheritance taxes. the door is opened, there is no valid legal defense to prevent all forms of marriage once gay marriage is legalized.

Should the government discriminate against muslims whose religion permits multiple wives?

Just wait, its coming.

Talking to me is like talking to a house plant? I don't think you understand the idiotic things you are saying.
I will be even more clear this time. If you want only heterosexual marriage defined as marriage you want special treatment from the government. You are demanding the government accepts your beliefs. YOU ARE DEMANDING THAT THE GOVERNMENT DEFINE MARRIAGE TO COINCIDE WITH YOUR BELIEFS. You are demanding that the government not define it as marriage due to YOUR BELIEFS.
I am not the half retarded one here.

You also stated you want to government to stick to what is called out in the constitution. Your words not mine.
No where in the constitution does it define marriage or label heterosexual marriage as the only type of marriage.

So once again, you want special treatment from the government. You want the government to tell homosexuals what they have is not a marriage. You want the government to tell them what they think and should believe.
I don't get why it's so hard for you to understand what a hypocrite you are being. I guess you are too busy trying to call me stupid and come up with asinine arguments about father's marrying their sons.

How is a law stopping you from stopping gays from getting married, a law forcing you to personally accept gay marriage as the same as hetero marriage?

I don't understand your point.

Either you think you have the right to force gays to not marry. Or you believe that gays getting married somehow forces you to accept that they are married. I don't understand how you can believe you have the right to force gays to remain separated in the eyes of the law.

He only wants heterosexual marriage defined as marriage. SAme sex couples can have something similar but not marriage.. I.E. he wants special treatment from the government based on his beliefs. The very reason he claims to have a problem with same sex marriage.

Very good point Redfish! The feds should not have to write any additional laws about marriage. The constitution should be enough. The states and the feds should not be able to restrict life, liberty, religion or establish religion. Seems pretty dang clear DOMA was unconstitutional.

Very good point Redfish! The feds should not have to write any additional laws about marriage. The constitution should be enough. The states and the feds should not be able to restrict life, liberty, religion or establish religion. Seems pretty dang clear DOMA was unconstitutional.

Pretty much.

Forum List

Back