Next, The United Nations

= Israel go bye bye.

Why are you attempting to derail the thread?

I'm pointing out the likely consequences of what would happen if American conservatives got their wish, and Jesus' Landing Strip would be the ones holding the poopy end of the stick if American conservatives get their way with regards to pulling out of the UN.

Are you anti-UN or pro-UN?

I think the US benefits from being in the UN far more than the negatives.
What those benefits would be? Could you be precise when listing them?

That its basically run for the US and Western world benefit, and being on the UNSC the US gets to call a lot of shots.

Nobody freaks kid. It is time to kick the U.N. out of here and cut all the funding also. Useless globalist organisation.

= Israel go bye bye.

I'm pointing out the likely consequences of what would happen if American conservatives got their wish, and Jesus' Landing Strip would be the ones holding the poopy end of the stick if American conservatives get their way with regards to pulling out of the UN.

What are these benefits?

That its basically run for the US and Western world benefit, and being on the UNSC the US gets to call a lot of shots.

"That its basically run for the US and Western world benefit,"

What benefits has the Western world got from being in the UN?

It seems that the UN has existed for decades simply to drain Western resources and hand them to Third World Nations.

It seems that the UN has existed for decades simply to drain Western resources and hand them to Third World Nations.

Have to run to soccer practice, I'll answer later :)

Exactly, impoverishing highly developed industrial nations and trying to build up Third World nations, however tinpot dictators steal all that money from their people.

The UN is nothing more, and nothing less, than a clubhouse for third-world bums on the plush. People who would otherwise be guest lecturers at Patrice Lumumba University or teaching Economics 101 at Abuja Community College are living the high-life in New York on the US dime.

UN 'diplomats' and staffers live better than 90% of New Yorkers thanks to the generosity of the US taxpayer.

Closing the UN would be a futile gesture. If you want to control the UN, threaten their meal-ticket. The recipients of American largess would do anything you say if they believed you might send them back to the private sector in Mogadishu or Khartoum.
Bulldog-with-treat.png

You train an animal with treats, not kicks.

If you have leverage, the best way to call the shots is to tighten the purse string. We have leverage.

main-qimg-c61626db543f37f1f0b416d2ec5f40fc

Last edited:

If you have leverage, the best way to all shots is to tighten the purse string. We have leverage.

WTF?! Japan pays more in than China.

If you have leverage, the best way to all shots is to tighten the purse string. We have leverage.

WTF?! Japan pays more in than China.

I'm struggling to find the best numbers still. US pays a considerable portion from everything I have seen.

I still don't see an argument of what's bad about our UN involvement?

It's not like we don't get anything for our money. It allows the US to project power and influence far more effectively than it could outside of the UN, by basically being the big swangin' dick on the block. Economics, political, human rights, you name it. I get that conservatives don't think much about the UN and I'm not going to change anybody's mind; in a global economy the UN is a boon to US interests around the world, and I think we would get pretty tired of sitting on the sidelines watching things happen to us and around us instead of largely directing world affairs. Just my thinking on it and what's been guiding US involvement in the UN since it's creation.

Forum List

Back