Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

She stated that she agreed to kiss him you dumb ass, read the article.
I did, Slade.

I must have missed her 'snowflake/liberal speak' when she said:

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

-- Al Franken accused of kissing, groping LA TV host without consent

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

Did she somehow agree to let him feel her up while she slept, too?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!
These are HER words from her article....

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.
Evidently you do not know the difference between a 'kiss' and 'sexual assault'. She stated she had to fight him off / forcibly push him off of her....and his story - and yours - about practicing for a skit does not jive when he physically felt her up while she slept.

But please, continue on with your justification of Franken's sexual assaults.

Last edited:
Kudos to those honest posters on this thread who admit that both parties are guilty of being hypocritical.

The rest -- those who are spinning and deflecting and attacking -- are liars.

:laugh:
You have absolutely zero standing to make any claims.

You equated Democrats and republicans especially after Al Franken's immediate full throated acknowledgment and apology.

Show me where either trump or Moore did that?

HUH?

You should be ashamed
What choice did Franken have? There's a fucking picture of him doing it!
The picture does not show his hands on her breasts, only close for the staged photo.
then why did he apologize?

Even if he didn’t touch her it was still the wrong thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com
well it's obvious he touched her and an apology doesn't change that fact. but you live with your double standards pal, I really don't give a shit about your fking belief system, just don't go making accusations of others then.

At this point it would be much easier to start a thread and list the people who aren't guilty of a sex related crime.

Just sayin'.

What more would you like to be said about Franken? I think most people have stated that they think he crossed a line and did something inappropriate. He wrote a pretty humble apology, not trying to make excuses but trying to put women first and even called for an ethics investigation into his action. What more would you like to say?
Don't know. This thread could have been a page or two long.

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Something that obvious is pretty tough to miss.
Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Yes, one admitted his wrong doing and one claims he is being framed, as other politicians have been framed over the past few years.
More and more is coming out, as some point you gotta decide whether this "I was framed" narrative is believable or not. For me that was out the window when accuser number 4 came out and I listened to her account of what happened.

Well, he may or may not have done that, frankly, we'll never know. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially given she waited 4 decades and on the eve of an election to allege this. Doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.
She didn't wait then drop the bomb on him. Look at what REALLY happened. Moore hit the public eye and his opposition started digging. The rumors of his sexual past with minors had been floating around for a long time and some reporters started digging. It took them a long time to get several women and dozens of sources to go on record. Yes it was a political hit piece. That doesn't mean it is false. It came out because of the election and the efforts of reports and Moore opponents. That doesn't mean it is false.

I'm too young to have been a hippie.

and I don't get high.

control yourself, loon.

Lol, yeah I missed the hippie thing by a good 20-25 years. But was kind of fascinated by it and knocked around the Haight-Ashbury district one weekend while in college nearby. Not much going on - a few bums and mostly normal folk. Didn't smell any pot or patchouli oil. Kinda disappointing :)

When we were in route back from our honeymoon my husband and I stopped in San Francisco. We had to make the trip to the Grateful Dead house (for m husband) and Berkeley (for me). I was always sorry I missed that era too. Truth is though I roobabky wouldn't have liked getting all muddy at woodstock

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.

Yes, one admitted his wrong doing and one claims he is being framed, as other politicians have been framed over the past few years.
More and more is coming out, as some point you gotta decide whether this "I was framed" narrative is believable or not. For me that was out the window when accuser number 4 came out and I listened to her account of what happened.

Well, he may or may not have done that, frankly, we'll never know. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially given she waited 4 decades and on the eve of an election to allege this. Doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.
She didn't wait then drop the bomb on him. Look at what REALLY happened. Moore hit the public eye and his opposition started digging. The rumors of his sexual past with minors had been floating around for a long time and some reporters started digging. It took them a long time to get several women and dozens of sources to go on record. Yes it was a political hit piece. That doesn't mean it is false. It came out because of the election and the efforts of reports and Moore opponents. That doesn't mean it is false.

Actually when the reporter went to interview local people about Moore THEY directed the reporter to the people who he had molested.

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs.
If that is all he did, you are saying this is perfectly acceptable behavior, not sexist or a violation of her rights, dignity, etc....

:p

If he would have pulled out his 'Anthony' and posed with it next to her face while she slept...but she never woke up / never saw it...I guess that would have been ok, too. It was just a photo he was posing for....

:rolleyes:

I did, Slade.

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.

He was touching her chest which was protected by the vest...if you walked up on a female soldier and touched the vest over her breasts, you'd be as guilty of assault as if you'd put your hands on her bare skin.

the WAPA reported found the woman how? the supposed 14 year old one 53 today I want to see how she contacted her.

I did, Slade.

Evidently you do not know the difference between a 'kis' and 'sexual assault'. She stated she had to fight him off / forcibly push him off of her....and his story - and yours - about practicing for a skit does not jive when he physically felt her up while she slept.

But please, continue on with your justification of Franken's sexual assaults.
You are hopeless man. Putting his hands over her boobs and posing for an obvious photo is feeling her up, really? Why didn't she wake up. You'd think a women would jump up if somebody started gropping her in her sleep... please explain...

Thanks for being a voice of reason - post more often!
:puke:

It is as true as it is false; we'll never know frankly. Are you comfortable labeling man a pedophile based on rumors? I'm not.

If that is all he did, you are saying this is perfectly acceptable behavior, not sexist or a violation of her rights, dignity, etc....
Really? Im I saying that? Take a breath and try real hard to be honest for just one post... What have I said 6 different times in my conversation with you? I've even counted it off each time i've said it. Come on, what is the phrase that i've said?

I suppose Franken was just practicing for a skit when he said THIS: (I am sure Snowflakes will TRY to spin it to say he was...)

FLASHBACK AL FRANKEN: 'I just don't like homosexuals. I was glad when that homosexual got killed'...

"He recalled writing a skit called "Seamen on Broadway" that was rejected from the Hasty Pudding show "by some preppie so they could take some other preppie's skit." Franken started to smile again, but his tone was serious, too serious. "It's not preppies, cause I'm a preppie myself. I just don't like homosexuals. If you ask me, they're all homosexuals in the Pudding. Hey, I was glad when that Pudding homosexual got killed in Philadelphia."

Franken was talking about how he hated the homosexuals in the Hasty Pudding who rejected his skit and opted for another.

What a 'classy' guy.

Live From New York: It's Al Franken | News | The Harvard Crimson

Yeah yeah - Franken wrote comedy back then which you wouldn't be likely to understand. What was funny then isn't funny now. But hey, if he was being serious (and he wasn't) then he sounds an awful lot like the RWNJs here in USMB!

Really? Im I saying that? Take a breath and try real hard to be honest for just one post... What have I said 6 different times in my conversation with you? I've even counted it off each time i've said it. Come on, what is the phrase that i've said?
what you're saying is if someone apologizes all is forgiven.

Forum List

Back