Next up on the Sexual Misconduct Parade - Al Franken!

I mean, sure, the title of the thread is "Next up on the sexual misconduct parade is - Al Franken!", but we're not supposed to be using the thread for that. We're supposed to be using the thread to talk about Roy Moore.

Then this thread is a complete failure from the START. From the title - that included AL FRANKEN, not ROY MOORE - I thought we were talking about the latest Liberal Perv and giving all the snowflakes a chance to hypocritically defend him (which they have not failed to do)

I did not know we were making THREAD # 10 about Moore.

My bad. :p

She worked at Hooters. Nothang wrong with it.
But Gee! She was using looks BOOBS for tips.
Again, nothang wrong with that.
But FFS! She should have 1000's of sexual grabs on her boobs and ass.
Can she really keep them straight?
btw. This is not an attack on here. Just a review!

In 1992, while working as a hostess at a Hooters restaurant (she was in their 1994 calendar) in Colorado Springs, Colorado, she won first place in the Venus International Model Search. This break led to national exposure, including a regular role as a fitness model on the TV show Fitness Beach. Tweeden modeled for promotional work for Hooters, Venus International, Frederick's of Hollywood.[2]

This girl is all about pimping her BOOBS for MONEY! Again, nothang wrong with that.

As part of Hooters' 25th anniversary in 2008, she was named among "The Top Hooters Girls of all time"
In 1996, Tweeden appeared non-nude in a fitness model pictorial for Playboy magazine. Fifteen years later, at 38 years old, she appeared again in the December, 2011 issue of Playboy, this time posing in a nude
She has made appearances as a commentator on such Fox News shows as Hannity and Red Eye. (FFS! She wants a higher paying job back at Faux news network)
Tweeden was a correspondent for Fox Sports Networks'

====================
This week, a pair of small studies about women who work in restaurants like Hooters made the rounds in the media. The researchers who conducted the studies suggested that women who work in these so-called "breastaurants" suffer from issues like depression, body image issues, and job dissatisfaction as a result of the sexual objectification that they're exposed to at work. To get some color on what it's really like to wear those Hooters girl booty shorts, Cosmopolitan.com talked to two women about their experiences at the chain and their thoughts on the study's findings.
What It's Really Like to Be a Hooters Waitress

FFS! Her career has been selling SEXY BOOBS! You can see she is partly to blame for more groping real or acting than others.
Yep the nudes are great.

uovxq50fmw6t14x6ido1.jpg
Are you saying she's more deserving of unwanted advances, then?

Is that it?
Nope! But this is part of the deal. They all talk about it, some enjoy it from the right guys or girls.
And she's fully aware of it, as she been pimping her boobs.
For like 25 years. I said there is nothang wrong with that.
She can be a hooker, I don't care. FFS! The point was a review
of her activities. As we have an admitted Pussy Grabber Douche in office.
Who has done worse so far, compared to AL. Let's see if AL gets a dozen?
The Dopers can't whine here btw.
Wow, if a right winger talked about an accuser like that, the left would go freakin' NUTS.

Very impressive!

The amount of effort to deflect from Franken and divert to Moore on this thread, if translated into electricity, could power the city of Phoenix in August for two weeks.
What more would you like to be said about Franken? I think most people have stated that they think he crossed a line and did something inappropriate. He wrote a pretty humble apology, not trying to make excuses but trying to put women first and even called for an ethics investigation into his action. What more would you like to say?
Don't know. This thread could have been a page or two long.

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Something that obvious is pretty tough to miss.
Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.
I know right? one with proof and one without. I think it's perfect.

She stated that she agreed to kiss him you dumb ass, read the article.
I did, Slade.

I must have missed her 'snowflake/liberal speak' when she said:

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

-- Al Franken accused of kissing, groping LA TV host without consent

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

Did she somehow agree to let him feel her up while she slept, too?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!
These are HER words from her article....

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.

She worked at Hooters. Nothang wrong with it.
But Gee! She was using looks BOOBS for tips.
Again, nothang wrong with that.
But FFS! She should have 1000's of sexual grabs on her boobs and ass.
Can she really keep them straight?
btw. This is not an attack on here. Just a review!

In 1992, while working as a hostess at a Hooters restaurant (she was in their 1994 calendar) in Colorado Springs, Colorado, she won first place in the Venus International Model Search. This break led to national exposure, including a regular role as a fitness model on the TV show Fitness Beach. Tweeden modeled for promotional work for Hooters, Venus International, Frederick's of Hollywood.[2]

This girl is all about pimping her BOOBS for MONEY! Again, nothang wrong with that.

As part of Hooters' 25th anniversary in 2008, she was named among "The Top Hooters Girls of all time"
In 1996, Tweeden appeared non-nude in a fitness model pictorial for Playboy magazine. Fifteen years later, at 38 years old, she appeared again in the December, 2011 issue of Playboy, this time posing in a nude
She has made appearances as a commentator on such Fox News shows as Hannity and Red Eye. (FFS! She wants a higher paying job back at Faux news network)
Tweeden was a correspondent for Fox Sports Networks'

====================
This week, a pair of small studies about women who work in restaurants like Hooters made the rounds in the media. The researchers who conducted the studies suggested that women who work in these so-called "breastaurants" suffer from issues like depression, body image issues, and job dissatisfaction as a result of the sexual objectification that they're exposed to at work. To get some color on what it's really like to wear those Hooters girl booty shorts, Cosmopolitan.com talked to two women about their experiences at the chain and their thoughts on the study's findings.
What It's Really Like to Be a Hooters Waitress

FFS! Her career has been selling SEXY BOOBS! You can see she is partly to blame for more groping real or acting than others.
Yep the nudes are great.

uovxq50fmw6t14x6ido1.jpg
Are you saying she's more deserving of unwanted advances, then?

Is that it?
Nope! But this is part of the deal. They all talk about it, some enjoy it from the right guys or girls.
And she's fully aware of it, as she been pimping her boobs.
For like 25 years. I said there is nothang wrong with that.
She can be a hooker, I don't care. FFS! The point was a review
of her activities. As we have an admitted Pussy Grabber Douche in office.
Who has done worse so far, compared to AL. Let's see if AL gets a dozen?
The Dopers can't whine here btw.
Wow, if a right winger talked about an accuser like that, the left would go freakin' NUTS.

Very impressive!

I Thank you!!

Kudos to those honest posters on this thread who admit that both parties are guilty of being hypocritical.

The rest -- those who are spinning and deflecting and attacking -- are liars.

:laugh:
You have absolutely zero standing to make any claims.

You equated Democrats and republicans especially after Al Franken's immediate full throated acknowledgment and apology.

Show me where either trump or Moore did that?

HUH?

You should be ashamed
What choice did Franken have? There's a fucking picture of him doing it!
The picture does not show his hands on her breasts, only close for the staged photo.
then why did he apologize?

The amount of effort to deflect from Franken and divert to Moore on this thread, if translated into electricity, could power the city of Phoenix in August for two weeks.
What more would you like to be said about Franken? I think most people have stated that they think he crossed a line and did something inappropriate. He wrote a pretty humble apology, not trying to make excuses but trying to put women first and even called for an ethics investigation into his action. What more would you like to say?

But I do know that Franken's supporters are putting far more effort into deflecting to Moore, and that hypocrisy is just inviting mockery.

Well lets just break it down. People who support Franken were probably disgusted by the news. I like Franken and I didn't have a warm and fuzzy feeling when reading the article about the encounter. I think looked at how he responded. It was a disgusting act and it was a sincere and appropriate response by Franken. If more inappropriate acts come out especially any that reflect criminal actions then may they come out and may he pay the price.

There is nothing wrong with contrasting that to the Moore situation which has been dominating the airwaves. Look at the difference between the two and how they are responding and handling the situations.
There's a difference between contrast and the standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy used regularly by ideologues to avoid bad news.

We'll have to disagree on that application here.
I'll agree that some have done that. I don't like that tactic and I won't make excuses for anybody who does it. I see it all the time from people on both sides on this board. It is not honest and it discredits their arguments

"He repeated that actors really need to rehearse everything and that we must practice the kiss. I said ‘OK’ so he would stop badgering me. We did the line leading up to the kiss and then he came at me, put his hand on the back of my head, mashed his lips against mine and aggressively stuck his tongue in my mouth."

As for the gropping, he was posing for a picture acting like he was grabbing her boobs. "Gropping" is the inflamatory talking point being thrown out, thanks for showing you're a puppet."

No I wasn't in a Frat, I wanted nothing to do with Frat boys in College, I have a younger sister and have always treated women the same way I would want my sister treated. I would not want my sister treated the way Franken treated this women so for the 6th time I'll say that his actions were wildly inappropriate.

I've also posed in pictures acting like a was humping friends when they were passed out. It was all in good fun, not meant to be a sexual assault, but I think you understand that...

I'm not making excuses for Franken, but I am looking for an honest account of whats going on.

Thanks for being a voice of reason - post more often!

Yes, one admitted his wrong doing and one claims he is being framed, as other politicians have been framed over the past few years.
More and more is coming out, as some point you gotta decide whether this "I was framed" narrative is believable or not. For me that was out the window when accuser number 4 came out and I listened to her account of what happened.

There's a difference between contrast and the standard deflect/pivot/attack strategy used regularly by ideologues to avoid bad news.

We'll have to disagree on that application here.
I'll agree that some have done that. I don't like that tactic and I won't make excuses for anybody who does it. I see it all the time from people on both sides on this board. It is not honest and it discredits their arguments

Not to mention, it isn't an argument at all.

Apparently Leeann Tweeden thought her career needed a boost. Franken welcomes an ethics investigation and says he will cooperate fully.

Yes, one admitted his wrong doing and one claims he is being framed, as other politicians have been framed over the past few years.
More and more is coming out, as some point you gotta decide whether this "I was framed" narrative is believable or not. For me that was out the window when accuser number 4 came out and I listened to her account of what happened.

Well, he may or may not have done that, frankly, we'll never know. I choose to give him the benefit of the doubt, especially given she waited 4 decades and on the eve of an election to allege this. Doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.

Franken admitted to doing something of which there is photo evidence. Moore steadfastly denies 4 decade old allegations. HUGE difference.

And for the record, if the allegations prove true, I'll condemn Moore in the harshest of words.
Well get ready to condem then. Its pretty obvious to me and most others on the right including people like Hannity and Tucker who would normally defend people like Moore. The writting is on the wall, I just don't think you want to read it. Take your time though, i'm sure there is more coming.

Also, we are talking about a comedian trying to make out with a playboy model versus a District Attorney trying to get teenage girls to suck his dick. Yes, HUGE difference.

The USO says that the photographer who was taking pictures during the tour in which Sen. Franken was captured reaching out to grope a sleeping Leann Tweeden was Owen Franken - the senator's brother.

:badgrin:

She stated that she agreed to kiss him you dumb ass, read the article.
I did, Slade.

I must have missed her 'snowflake/liberal speak' when she said:

"Tweeden said Franken repeatedly pressured her to practice the kiss backstage and at one point forcibly kissed her.

“I immediately pushed him away with both of my hands against his chest and told him if he ever did that to me again I wouldn’t be so nice about it the next time,” she wrote. “I walked away. All I could think about was getting to a bathroom as fast as possible to rinse the taste of him out of my mouth.” Tweeden said she felt “disgusted and violated” – and that the abuse didn’t stop there."

-- Al Franken accused of kissing, groping LA TV host without consent

Can you please point out in this sexual assault where Tweeden agreed to kiss her attacker?

Did she somehow agree to let him feel her up while she slept, too?

"“I couldn’t believe it,” she wrote. “He groped me, without my consent, while I was asleep. I felt violated all over again. Embarrassed. Belittled. Humiliated. How dare anyone grab my breasts like this and think it’s funny?”

Let me guess, you were a frat boy in college...or at least one of those guys who never took 'no' for an answer because 'whenever a girl says 'no' she really means 'Yes'?!

no need for an apology then.

Kudos to those honest posters on this thread who admit that both parties are guilty of being hypocritical.

The rest -- those who are spinning and deflecting and attacking -- are liars.

:laugh:
You have absolutely zero standing to make any claims.

You equated Democrats and republicans especially after Al Franken's immediate full throated acknowledgment and apology.

Show me where either trump or Moore did that?

HUH?

You should be ashamed
What choice did Franken have? There's a fucking picture of him doing it!
The picture does not show his hands on her breasts, only close for the staged photo.
then why did he apologize?

Even if he didn’t touch her it was still the wrong thing to do.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

did he touch a 14 year old, hack?
Going to double down on your HYPOCRISY aye, HACK?

PROVE to me Moore did ANYTHING...show me the PROOF, and explain WHY these women waited FORTY YEARS to come out with these fantastical STORIES just DAYS before an IMPORTANT ELECTION.

Then tell us again why what Franken did is ALL FINE AND DANDY... it's A-OK if he GRABBED SOME WOMAN'S TITS and STUCK HIS TONGUE DOWN HER THROAT EVEN THOUGH SHE RESISTED... TELL US WHY THATS OK... you fucking DUMBASS PARTISAN HACK.

You make me sick.

who defended him, hack?

go finish another fifth of bourbon
DIVERT, aye HACK?

Put the bong down, hippie.

I'm too young to have been a hippie.

and I don't get high.

control yourself, loon.
You're also a liar.

You don't fool anyone here, hack.

I never lie. Don't attribute your own behavior to me

I'm too young to have been a hippie.

and I don't get high.

control yourself, loon.

Lol, yeah I missed the hippie thing by a good 20-25 years. But was kind of fascinated by it and knocked around the Haight-Ashbury district one weekend while in college nearby. Not much going on - a few bums and mostly normal folk. Didn't smell any pot or patchouli oil. Kinda disappointing :)

Forum List

Back