NFL kneelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and this story was pretty much done until the owners and trump brought it back to life .

... the actions by the NFL had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do with losing audience and revenue.

I think millions of others do as well which is why the NFL's ratings are in the toilet. Fuck 'em.

The fucking national anthem isn't even part of the telecasts.

As we hashed out a year ago but apparently are going to cut and paste all over again because some wags weren't listening to any voice but their own, there's no evidence of "losing audience". The stadia stayed packed, and cherrypicking TV ratings where all sports and all programming of any kind is in decline in favor of streaming and phoning and tableting and the like, is just dishonest hackery.

Just as Alex John Brinkley Jones will see a spike in his own attention simply out of his wailing butthurt about having his YouTube toy taken away, so the NFL would have seen a spike in TV interest, however momentary, at least until the point viewers realized that what y'all are stomping your little feet about isn't even broadcast on TV.

So don't insult readers' intelligence with that bullshit.

Always amusing to watch buffoons who obviously never even watch the program, come waddling in here acting like some kind of authority on it.

Whenever a black man doesn't have a gun at all, and still gets shot, he had it coming -- he should have just listened - because it clearly states that you are allowed to kill people for not listening to you

Except for in the case of this guy, who actually followed police orders and was still shot...were you outraged about that?

And what happened to the officer?

Yes, you can get shot for not listening because a move you make could be considered life threatening. In most all cases, a grand jury decides not to indict because the officer was within the law when he used deadly force.

If an unarmed man (of any race) approaches me in my car and tries to break in and I have nowhere to go, I can legally fill him with holes, and I won't even get a ticket yet alone charged. That's our law.

Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

Well if Trump would have just STFU--this wouldn't be going on right now, would it?

NFLvsTrump.jpg

Yes it would, because the actions by the NFL had nothing to do with Trump. It had to do with losing audience and revenue.

The fucking national anthem isn't even part of the telecasts.

As we hashed out a year ago but apparently are going to cut and paste all over again because some wags weren't listening to any voice but their own, there's no evidence of "losing audience". The stadia stayed packed, and cherrypicking TV ratings where all sports and all programming of any kind is in decline in favor of streaming and phoning and tableting and the like, is just dishonest hackery.

Just as Alex John Brinkley Jones will see a spike in his own attention simply out of his wailing butthurt about having his YouTube toy taken away, so the NFL would have seen a spike in TV interest, however momentary, at least until the point viewers realized that what y'all are stomping your little feet about isn't even broadcast on TV.

So don't insult readers' intelligence with that bullshit.

If there was any truth to what you say the NFL would not be taking actions to prevent future events. When the NFL started to become sissified, they began to lose viewers. When the kneeling started, they lost even more.

Last edited:
Kinda crazy how we spent an entire season off when not one NFL player had a protest or an event. Now that the season is starting they get involved. If you can’t actually spend your own off time protesting it’s not even serious to them. It’s a worthless protest. You can’t be so emotionally investing in something you won’t do on your own time.

The thing is that during the offseason, no one is paying attention to the players.

Sure, they can go to a baseball or basketball game or a wrestling card and kneel at those events- but as part of the audience, no one would notice them.

The Pro Football season is when they have the attention of people if they want to protest against America and denounce our veterans.

It is the nadir of abject dishonesty to plug in motivations on people that never took those positions at all.

Thanks for the demonstration thereof.

Whenever a black man doesn't have a gun at all, and still gets shot, he had it coming -- he should have just listened - because it clearly states that you are allowed to kill people for not listening to you

Except for in the case of this guy, who actually followed police orders and was still shot...were you outraged about that?

And what happened to the officer?

Yes, you can get shot for not listening because a move you make could be considered life threatening. In most all cases, a grand jury decides not to indict because the officer was within the law when he used deadly force.

If an unarmed man (of any race) approaches me in my car and tries to break in and I have nowhere to go, I can legally fill him with holes, and I won't even get a ticket yet alone charged. That's our law.

Well luckily in the case of the guy who totally followed police commands and was still shot -- luckily there was a guy recording it with a cell phone -- so that officer was charged -- that wouldn't have been the case otherwise. Now if that officer will be convicted, that remains to be seen..

As for your belief that police should be able to shoot anyone who walks up on them or approaches them in their car -- are you claiming that you are in support of this officer shooting this woman for approaching their car?
damond-call.jpg

[

Right. Obumma opened his yap on 10,000 stupid topics inflaming racial division, but Trump has caused a problem because the leader of the country made a moral judgement that people ought not show disrespect for their own country?

Oh did he now.

When was that? I seem to have missed it. Was it when he invited Russia to hack emails? Was it when he called the Electoral College a laughingstock and then reversed himself when it worked in his favor? Or was it maybe when he suggested his robots should "riot" if he didn't get elected?: Or shoot his opponent? Or "beat the crap out of" protesters because "we've become weak"? Or perhaps when he dissed the legal system complaining a judge from Indiana was "Mexican"? Or perhaps when he dissed veterans, you know, that group of soldiers he'll never be part of because he was busy bouncing in New York sex clubs as his own "personal Vietnam" while his contemporaries like John McCain were getting shot down and beaten?

Or maybe it was when he called Nazis and skinheads and David Dukes "very fine people"? Was it when he fired the FBI Director because he was looking into collusion and wouldn't pledge "loyalty"? Or hired foreign agents as his campaign manager and national security adviser? Or was it simply the adverb "again" on the end of the MAGA slogan? So many choices....

They are not protesting racism, they are protesting our laws that enable police officers to use deadly force to protect themselves. These are people that feel there should be no authoritative figure over them. They should be allowed to do whatever they want just like any uncivilized country. But we don't do that here.

No, the reason behind the movement has been very clear -- they are protesting the lack of ACCOUNTABILITY by law enforcement and prosecutors when it comes to their reluctance to prosecute bad cops and even in cases were the officers were "FOUND" guilty -- they still receive relatively light sentences -- that is what the protests are geared towards

but for folks like you, you feel a rancher in Nevada not paying a million bucks in grazing fees is the real injustice worth having an armed standoff over.

You would work for that company if they were the only ones willing to pay you millions of dollars for your work.

"second, if I did, and decided to still protest, I will accept the punishment, which in the case of the NFL is a fine" -- What about reading do you not like? Also, everyone's principles are not for sale, I know most conservatives are almost incapable of believing that fact, but its true -- some people stand on their principles despite financial losses

Which is why this man who was hated for his stance back then is so admired now by those who would have hated them back then
fist.jpg

Remember, too, that the singer Joan Baez went to prison for refusing for protesting the Viet Nam war based on her religious beliefs.

The president is undergoing a Special Prosecutor's investigation, his former campaign chairman is on trial which could result in him dying in prison, his former deputy has plead guilty to crimes and has flipped against him, a New York Republican congressman has been indicted for stock fraud, our electoral system is still under attack by Russians, the family separation crisis is no where near resolved, and what does Trump and the Trumpians want to focus on?

Bright shiny things.

But of course. Whenever some dishonest demagogue says "HEY LOOK OVER THERE" --- the first thing to do is ask "Why?"

No, the reason behind the movement has been very clear -- they are protesting the lack of ACCOUNTABILITY by law enforcement and prosecutors when it comes to their reluctance to prosecute bad cops and even in cases were the officers were "FOUND" guilty -- they still receive relatively light sentences -- that is what the protests are geared towards

but for folks like you, you feel a rancher in Nevada not paying a million bucks in grazing fees is the real injustice worth having an armed standoff over.

Why don't you give me an example of what you're talking about. Every police shooting or accusation of brutality is investigated thoroughly, some are police even brought to charges even though they did everything by the book.

What these black players are protesting is that police don't go to jail for following the law. They are politically and legally ignorant. We don't lock up cops for doing something you don't like. That's how it works in the jungle, but not in a civilized society.

Here, police (and us armed citizens) have the right to use deadly force even against an unarmed attacker. These overpaid game players don't understand that. Like you, they have no knowledge that there are more whites (and unarmed whites) who get shot and killed by police every year than blacks, yet where are the white football players taking a knee for them?

And like you, they don't know anything about it because like you, they are merely media puppets who are told what to do instead of thinking for themselves. The MSM knows that when white people get shot, it won't start any protests, it won't start any riots, it won't cause people to attack private and public business or destroy police cars.

"second, if I did, and decided to still protest, I will accept the punishment, which in the case of the NFL is a fine" -- What about reading do you not like? Also, everyone's principles are not for sale, I know most conservatives are almost incapable of believing that fact, but its true -- some people stand on their principles despite financial losses

Which is why this man who was hated for his stance back then is so admired now by those who would have hated them back then

On principles? I guess that would explain all the black football players leaving the NFL.
No the principle is that even with threat of their finances being affected by fines and loss sponsorships, they are still pushing forward with their protests -- not only that, they have the influence to sway public sentiment in their direction enough to withstand any retribution by the league owners or the president --- that is the fact that bothers you folks the most

You would much rather the black entertainer would just duck his head and keep dancing for massa -- no thanks..
1433297154428.gif

Still against the 1st amendment I see, like 45.

Government is prosecuting kneelers? You're going to have to prove that, I call bull shit to that

Pogo said:
t cannot be any clearer. It says "I ain't your puppet".

Obedient robots have a hard time getting that.
I Don't Think It's Clearer
That When The Anthem Is Played
They Dorp To Their Knees And Bow Their Heads

They Aren't Turning Their Backs Or Covering Their Heads
I Guess They Crave The Camera Face-Time
Obedient Attention Seeking Drones

#Look At Me !! Look At Me !!

Once AGAIN for the posers that have obviously don't even watch the game --- the national anthem is NOT EVEN PART OF THE TELECAST, ergo there are no "cameras" to "look at me".

Matter of fact until some reporter (who by the same robot orders should have been standing at attention himself) chose to single out Colin Kaepernick (who had been sitting out the anthem for weeks with nobody noticing) and take his picture to milk a story out of the Gullible ---- nobody who hadn't physically been to an NFL game even knew there was a national anthem played at all, because why would there be. Anyone who's sat and watched a regualr season NFL game, even from its beginning, knows that that telecast begins with the kickoff, which is the beginning of the actual game.

So you're busted, Jack. That's what happens when you don your pom poms to jump in and go "ME TOO, ME ME ME" without bothering to study what you're even talking about.

racism is not cured by promoting more racism. Calling for the murder of whites and police (both black and white) is not going to solve anything. Listen to people like Ben Carson and Jim Brown, and Dak Prescott. They understand, you don't.
What is this need to think you can tell people who they should listen to?

Again, you should get tired of getting owned on this post, but I got time..

Now, which Jim Brown do you want me to listen to? the scary Jim Brown in this pic sitting next to all of the other scary black athletes who causing trouble back then? Or the current Jim Brown that conservatives suddenly love because he appeases them?
muhammad-ali-summit-ftr-ap-011817jpg_1tjt3kr4coki713pkt2lgu072x.jpg

Which Ben Carson do you want me to listen to? The one who said that police brutality really is a problem, we just shouldn't focus it on race?

Or the Ben Carson that Trump said "he's got a pathological temper, he's pathological and he's got basically pathological disease ... I don't want a person that's got pathological disease."

Oh, I should listen to Dak Prescott? Why? and which Dak Prescott should I listen to? The Dak Prescott who said he personally wouldn't kneel during the anthem because the "GAME" is where he finds his peace

Or the Dak Prescott who said that he believes racial injustice and police brutality is indeed a problem, it just needs more than kneeling, it needs action?? I never see conservatives mentioning that part of what Dak said

I find Dak Prescott's position to be rather interesting since he is a skin-color black like Obama. Like Obama, Prescott's mother was white.

Yes his mother is white, father is black -- he grew up in the deep south, and the minute he says something "racists" don't like they will TOTALLY ignore the "his mother is white" part.

The authoritarian right is indeed tedious and moronic.

That they obsess over this non-issue is a manifestation of true rightwing idiocy.

Had conservatives simply ignored what the players were doing from the outset, the demonstrations would have likely ended by now.

And for far too many on the right this is solely about race and conservatives’ unwarranted hostility with regard to issues that black Americans are concerned about.

Government isn't involved in the kneeling. You're stupid as shit, Clayton. No one is being prosecuted, no laws are being passed. There is NO GOVERNMENT involvement. How do you not comprehend that?

How is that being against the first amendment? You do realize the amendment was created so that government could not stop us from free speech, not the NFL, don't you?

Reasonable is so stupid that he doesn't grasp that if criticizing someone is limiting their free speech, he violates the first amendment all the time.

Leftists and logic go together like dolphins and forest fires

Government is prosecuting kneelers? You're going to have to prove that, I call bull shit to that
I think he means that when Trump from his office as president was calling for NFL owners to fire NFL players -- which the owners could do, but people may have had a problem with Trump advocating for these players to face consequences for protesting.

I personally feel most of the president's animosity still stems from when he failed miserably to compete with the NFL years ago.

The authoritarian right is indeed tedious and moronic.

That they obsess over this non-issue is a manifestation of true rightwing idiocy.

Had conservatives simply ignored what the players were doing from the outset, the demonstrations would have likely ended by now.

And for far too many on the right this is solely about race and conservatives’ unwarranted hostility with regard to issues that black Americans are concerned about.

If you have issues with so-called issues blacks are concerned about, you take that up with your Mayor, your Congress person, your Senator, not the audience of a sporting event.

AKA, the customers of their business.

If Clayton had a business and someone was wearing a Make America Great Again hat, how long do you think it would take him to what he calls violating first amendment rights of his employee?

Last edited:
they claim to be protesting police brutality against blacks. So lets see here, because of a few incidents of police brutality, where in every case the cop in question has been punished, these idiots are willing to destroy the league that pays them millions to play a game?

There may be something to the IQ differential after all.

Once again --- where do you get "they claim" ---- which as far as I know is a plural ---- out of "Colin Kaepernick"?

Hm?

Or is this just another case of morphing the issue into something you wish it was because you can't deal with what it is?

Say it ain't so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back