NFL refuses to air Super Bowl gun commercial

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
Americans do for more killing with cars than guns but no one would dream of banning car commercials.

NFL Bans Super Bowl Gun Commercial - Guns & Ammo

November 27, 2013

Daniel Defense recently submitted a commercial to FOX to be played during the 2014 NFL Super Bowl XLVIII. Though the video doesn’t showcase one of the company’s popular DDM4 rifles, this paid advertisement spot was rejected by the NFL.

The commercial, which focuses on themes of personal protection and fundamental rights, was originally created by Daniel Defense to run in any network TV station at any time.

According to a statement from FOX to Daniel Defense, “Unfortunately, we cannot accept your commercial in football/Super Bowl spots due to the rules the NFL itself has set into place for your company’s category.”

The NFL’s Advertising Policy addresses several Prohibited Advertising Categories, including guidelines for ads featuring alcohol, video games, movies, prescription drugs, and, of course, firearms.

• Banned
Not only are car commercials allowed, you're even allowed to show illegal activities like speeding and text driving.!!!

My land speed record is 162 in a Porsche 928 S4, plus various other 140 - 150 rips in various mustangs. Out ran at least 5 cops back in the day. All on the highway. Went airborne once racing an 1987 Buick Grand National. I've driven down the Autobahn at speeds I can't even remember. All in a days work.

You fear too much.

My land speed record is 162 in a Porsche 928 S4, plus various other 140 - 150 rips in various mustangs. Out ran at least 5 cops back in the day. All on the highway. Went airborne once racing an 1987 Buick Grand National. I've driven down the Autobahn at speeds I can't even remember. All in a days work.

You fear too much.
In the neighboring town where I lived back in 1987, I had a buddy that had a Grand National that would blow the doors off everything. That is until this guy in a El Comino showed up one Saturday night on the strip and blew his doors off. Until this day we never knew who the guy in the El Comino was and what he had under the hood. We never saw him again and surmised he must have been passing through town. Never the less, once the word got out that he was beaten by a 70's El Comino, my buddy went into a state of depression for a few weeks after that race lol.

Last edited:
  • Banned

You fear too much.

How many innocent people have you killed by your criminal driving? Do your kids know that daddy is a psychopath.?

• Banned
In the neighboring town where I lived back in 1987, I had a buddy that had a Grand National that would blow the doors off everything. That is until this guy in a El Comino showed up one Saturday night on the strip and blew his doors off. Until this day we never knew who the guy in the El Comino was and what he had under the hood. We never saw him again and surmised he must have been passing through town. Never the less, once the word got out that he was beaten by a 70's El Comino, my buddy went into a state of depression for a few weeks after that race lol.

I wish your buddy ( boy friend) had killed him self. Eventually he probably did kill himself on the highway but until then he killed lots of innocent people. Get help please.

You fear too much.

How many innocent people have you killed by your criminal driving? Do your kids know that daddy is a psychopath.?

Now that's not nice.

I haven't driven that way in 25 years, and back then the streets around here were vacant at night. I ran 162 on an interstate that wasn't even open. Most of the time the local cops would let us drag at the airstrip. Far too many cars on the road for that kind of thing these days. I keep it on the track these days although I don't get to Tulsa much anymore.

You fear too much.

You're treading close to the line now boy.

Last edited:

I wish your buddy ( boy friend) had killed him self. Eventually he probably did kill himself on the highway but until then he killed lots of innocent people. Get help please.

Were you born without a nut sack or did someone you love get splattered in a car accident? Is that what this is all about?

You fear too much.

Sounds like an encounter I had once with a Supra with 3 power adders. I honestly don't know how they fit 2 turbos, bigger intercoolers and nitrous injection in those little cars.

I used to run well with Grand Nationals back then even with the stang. Of course, the stang wasn't stock by any means.

You fear too much.

You're treading close to the line now boy.

Oh yeah, bigtalk. What ya gonna do about it.?

[

Were you born without a nut sack or did someone you love get splattered in a car accident? Is that what this is all about?

Neither, you moron. Unlike you i'm intelligent and can see thru all the pro-criminal-driving propaganda the auto industry and media feed america. The auto-makers want car crashes cause car crashes mean car sales. They've brainwashed you but not me.

If people had any sense they'd be screaming that 35,000 americans are killed by highway violence every year. THINK

Shame, even the NFL is run by NWO Global Elite idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty good take on the banning...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvzAt9Yx7s8#t=99]NFL Bans Daniel Defense Super Bowl Ad Response - YouTube[/ame]

piss on the NFL.

Why?

Because it won’t air a gun commercial, who cares?

The NFL is a private entity, it’s at liberty to do as it wishes – the joy of the private sector; isn’t that what you rightists are all about?

I care. And as a private individual, I don't have to buy or watch their crap, and can encourage others to do the same. Or should watching the NFL and buying NFL products be mandatory now as well?

Americans do for more killing with cars than guns but no one would dream of banning car commercials.

NFL Bans Super Bowl Gun Commercial - Guns & Ammo

November 27, 2013

Daniel Defense recently submitted a commercial to FOX to be played during the 2014 NFL Super Bowl XLVIII. Though the video doesn’t showcase one of the company’s popular DDM4 rifles, this paid advertisement spot was rejected by the NFL.

The commercial, which focuses on themes of personal protection and fundamental rights, was originally created by Daniel Defense to run in any network TV station at any time.

According to a statement from FOX to Daniel Defense, “Unfortunately, we cannot accept your commercial in football/Super Bowl spots due to the rules the NFL itself has set into place for your company’s category.”

The NFL’s Advertising Policy addresses several Prohibited Advertising Categories, including guidelines for ads featuring alcohol, video games, movies, prescription drugs, and, of course, firearms.

So they followed an established policy? Your point?
Of course it may be hypocritical, but it is their right to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piss on the NFL.

Why?

Because it won’t air a gun commercial, who cares?

The NFL is a private entity, it’s at liberty to do as it wishes – the joy of the private sector; isn’t that what you rightists are all about?

I care. And as a private individual, I don't have to buy or watch their crap, and can encourage others to do the same. Or should watching the NFL and buying NFL products be mandatory now as well?

Then don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum List

Back