NFL set to expand season to 17 games this upcoming season

I don’t like it.

I look at my team at the end of the season and the number of players on injured reserve. By the end of the year, I hardly recognize them.

I‘m not sure the human body is built to play 20 games in a season (with playoffs)

Some thoughts:

Expanding the schedule is what it is...strictly a money ploy. The larger geometry of this is the fact that as the product expands over-seas and to Mexico, each game played over there means one less "home game" for one of the teams. The extra game on the schedule would allow the teams to keep their 8 home games while having to physically travel away from home. It also allows the NFL to expand their product to Europe, Mexico, and eventually Asia.

I think it's a good plan. I don't like the execution. I believe they need a second bye week. While half of he league would be happy to have the whole season ending and this delays that, it would be better for the teams who are gearing up for a playoff run; veterans who are trying to hold on to their jobs will have a little more time to get healthy and show management that they are able to do the job.

Some thoughts:

Expanding the schedule is what it is...strictly a money ploy. The larger geometry of this is the fact that as the product expands over-seas and to Mexico, each game played over there means one less "home game" for one of the teams. The extra game on the schedule would allow the teams to keep their 8 home games while having to physically travel away from home. It also allows the NFL to expand their product to Europe, Mexico, and eventually Asia.

I think it's a good plan. I don't like the execution. I believe they need a second bye week. While half of he league would be happy to have the whole season ending and this delays that, it would be better for the teams who are gearing up for a playoff run; veterans who are trying to hold on to their jobs will have a little more time to get healthy and show management that they are able to do the job.
New World Order. If you believe in freedom, get your politicians to enact laws to give cable TV subscribers freedom of choice in basic cable. Let them pick their channels. And remove channels they are not interested in. To each their own. Removing ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC Sports and others would save a lot for subscribers if they wanted to. Go to ethnic and cultural channels and there would be savings if they wanted to. Eliminate the so called news channels and there would be more savings if they wanted to. PBS type channels would need to be representative of the population. Religious channels also would be affected. Why are we being forced into Prog fascism over a monopoly and then saying we have a choice?

Freedom by dictating how private companies run their businesses? Hmmmm.......

One NFL game should be played at a neutral site for each team, this could be how the 17th game is played, each week, two teams play at someplace like South Bend, Ann Arbor, or the horseshoe in Columbus, this would bring an entirely new dimension to the NFL. I can't believe this has not been discussed.

Forum List

Back