🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

The Kings kicked ass tonight and dominated every aspect of the game. The Blues were blanked all night on the power play and were getting quite chippy towards the end. Saw quite a few cheap shots and penalties in the 3rd period. Ken Hitchcock looked like a beat puppy all night....

My hat is off to Daryl Sutter and Kings- ....they are up 2-0 and heading back home....Looks like their dismantling of Vancouver was no fluke!! :clap:

The Kings kicked ass tonight and dominated every aspect of the game. The Blues were blanked all night on the power play and were getting quite chippy towards the end. Saw quite a few cheap shots and penalties in the 3rd period. Ken Hitchcock looked like a beat puppy all night....

My hat is off to Daryl Sutter and Kings- ....they are up 2-0 and heading back home....Looks like their dismantling of Vancouver was no fluke!! :clap:

How come Detroit calls itself Hockeytown but the minute the Redwings get knocked out of the playoffs you don't see any bars playing any hockey games anymore, no one knows who's still in it. I bet you none of them can name 3 players on any other team other than the Redwings. There are a lot of us in Detroit who laugh at these people when the Wings get knocked out because they get so heartbroken. But Hockeytown? Come on. What a joke.

I also love it because anytime I win free tickets, I go down to the stadium and I find scalpers that will pay $100 per ticket. I can't believe the fans are so crazy they pay $100 to see a stupid fucking hockey game. :cuckoo:

Or any game. I take the money back home and watch on tv. Not hockey though. I hate hockey. :eusa_shhh:

How come Detroit calls itself Hockeytown but the minute the Redwings get knocked out of the playoffs you don't see any bars playing any hockey games anymore, no one knows who's still in it. I bet you none of them can name 3 players on any other team other than the Redwings. There are a lot of us in Detroit who laugh at these people when the Wings get knocked out because they get so heartbroken. But Hockeytown? Come on. What a joke.

I also love it because anytime I win free tickets, I go down to the stadium and I find scalpers that will pay $100 per ticket. I can't believe the fans are so crazy they pay $100 to see a stupid fucking hockey game. :cuckoo:

Or any game. I take the money back home and watch on tv. Not hockey though. I hate hockey. :eusa_shhh:

If you hate hockey, why on earth would you click on the NHL Playoffs thread? :eusa_whistle:

If you hate hockey, why on earth would you click on the NHL Playoffs thread? :eusa_whistle:
:eusa_shhh: Too many folks are having a nice time discussing this and not paying attention to him. (And, my gawd, the unmitigated gall of the participants not being partisan, too.)

The Caps were awesome tonight, tying the series. The Rangers fans were pretty stoked up, too, and it didn't faze the Caps.

Last edited:

:eusa_shhh: Too many folks are having a nice time discussing this and not paying attention to him. (And, my gawd, the unmitigated gall of the participants not being partisan, too.)

The Caps were awesome tonight, tying the series. The Rangers fans were pretty stoked up, too, and it didn't faze the Caps.

That's shaping up to be yet another close series. There's been a LOT of really close games so far this year, it's great! Even the Wings series, which of course sucked because they lost, was a good series because the games were so tightly contested. And the Coyotes! They are trying to set the record for most OT games in one year, if they haven't already!

A lot of good hockey, and kudos to NBC for broadcasting all the games on their various channels. I don't get NBCSN or NHL Network, but having games on CNBC has been great! :clap2:

I was asking you guys about Detroit fans. Don't you think its a joke they call themselves Hockeytown when they only follow if/when the RedWings are good, and still in it. Once they are out, so is Hockeytown.

I was asking you guys about Detroit fans. Don't you think its a joke they call themselves Hockeytown when they only follow if/when the RedWings are good, and still in it. Once they are out, so is Hockeytown.

Face it Sillyboob, you are a joke... :lol:

Sillyboob's mind is filled with opinions on matters beyond his comprehension...

Make that 2-0 with 5 to go in the first. Kings are for real!

Kings (and Stars) are my team. I actually live closer to the Ducks, but I rooted against them in their first Stanley Cup b/c that's when Disney owned them. But I kind of liked them when they won some time later. But I grew up on the Kings (Gretzky era) and I was in Dallas when the Modano era was hot, so I adopted them too.

The Kings have been pretty blah for a long time. We hadn't even won a playoff series for 11 years or something. Last year, was the first signs of life we'd shown for a while. Even then, we still seemed to be in above our heads.

When we went up 4-0 I couldn't help but think of our playoff game against San Jose where we were up 5-0 and we lost 6-5 lol. But we're a more experienced team that knows how to close out games.

Now we're up 2-0 going home like we were with Vancouver. It feels pretty good.

Make that 2-0 with 5 to go in the first. Kings are for real!

Kings (and Stars) are my team. I actually live closer to the Ducks, but I rooted against them in their first Stanley Cup b/c that's when Disney owned them. But I kind of liked them when they won some time later. But I grew up on the Kings (Gretzky era) and I was in Dallas when the Modano era was hot, so I adopted them too.

The Kings have been pretty blah for a long time. We hadn't even won a playoff series for 11 years or something. Last year, was the first signs of life we'd shown for a while. Even then, we still seemed to be in above our heads.

When we went up 4-0 I couldn't help but think of our playoff game against San Jose where we were up 5-0 and we lost 6-5 lol. But we're a more experienced team that knows how to close out games.

Now we're up 2-0 going home like we were with Vancouver. It feels pretty good.

I am a Kings fan too. I was at the playoff game against the Sharks last year. I felt all of the air leave the balloon after that one..it was a real heart breaker. I think they've come a long way since then. The scratched and clawed their way into the playoffs barely qualifying for the #8 seed and they are loaded with confidence after crushing Vancouver. I think they will win this series against the Blues and can easily beat Phoenix.

PS- here's some photo's I took at that playoff game last year....

First goal!!
P1040250.JPG

DropBox

We got this....
P1040352.JPG

Oh shit.....
P1040354.JPG

UUGH!!!!
P1040428.JPG

Forum List

Back