🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

Make that 2-0 with 5 to go in the first. Kings are for real!

Kings (and Stars) are my team. I actually live closer to the Ducks, but I rooted against them in their first Stanley Cup b/c that's when Disney owned them. But I kind of liked them when they won some time later. But I grew up on the Kings (Gretzky era) and I was in Dallas when the Modano era was hot, so I adopted them too.

The Kings have been pretty blah for a long time. We hadn't even won a playoff series for 11 years or something. Last year, was the first signs of life we'd shown for a while. Even then, we still seemed to be in above our heads.

When we went up 4-0 I couldn't help but think of our playoff game against San Jose where we were up 5-0 and we lost 6-5 lol. But we're a more experienced team that knows how to close out games.

Now we're up 2-0 going home like we were with Vancouver. It feels pretty good.

I am a Kings fan too. I was at the playoff game against the Sharks last year. I felt all of the air leave the balloon after that one..it was a real heart breaker. I think they've come a long way since then. The scratched and clawed their way into the playoffs barely qualifying for the #8 seed and they are loaded with confidence after crushing Vancouver. I think they will win this series against the Blues and can easily beat Phoenix.

PS- here's some photo's I took at that playoff game last year....

First goal!!
P1040250.JPG

DropBox

We got this....
P1040352.JPG

Oh shit.....
P1040354.JPG

UUGH!!!!
P1040428.JPG

Cool!

I went to the Rangers / Caps game last Tuesday. It was a blast. Rangers fans are awesome.

RangersCaps120501.jpg

Looks like its going to be an LA / Phoenix series.

I do not know anyone who saw that coming.

I certainly didn't. I went to 6 Kings games this year at Staples- they always played well, but not like this. This is a whole different team- really energized. Sutter has done a great job....

Looks like its going to be an LA / Phoenix series.

I do not know anyone who saw that coming.

I certainly didn't. I went to 6 Kings games this year at Staples- they always played well, but not like this. This is a whole different team- really energized. Sutter has done a great job....

Coyotes haven't won yet and hopefully the Predators take them 6 or 7 games while the Kings rest and heal.

kings and yotes...good match up on the goalies but kings should pull this out in 6
yotes can't match the physicality department

Make that 2-0 with 5 to go in the first. Kings are for real!

Kings (and Stars) are my team. I actually live closer to the Ducks, but I rooted against them in their first Stanley Cup b/c that's when Disney owned them. But I kind of liked them when they won some time later. But I grew up on the Kings (Gretzky era) and I was in Dallas when the Modano era was hot, so I adopted them too.

The Kings have been pretty blah for a long time. We hadn't even won a playoff series for 11 years or something. Last year, was the first signs of life we'd shown for a while. Even then, we still seemed to be in above our heads.

When we went up 4-0 I couldn't help but think of our playoff game against San Jose where we were up 5-0 and we lost 6-5 lol. But we're a more experienced team that knows how to close out games.

Now we're up 2-0 going home like we were with Vancouver. It feels pretty good.

I am a Kings fan too. I was at the playoff game against the Sharks last year. I felt all of the air leave the balloon after that one..it was a real heart breaker. I think they've come a long way since then. The scratched and clawed their way into the playoffs barely qualifying for the #8 seed and they are loaded with confidence after crushing Vancouver. I think they will win this series against the Blues and can easily beat Phoenix.

PS- here's some photo's I took at that playoff game last year....

First goal!!
P1040250.JPG

DropBox

We got this....
P1040352.JPG

Oh shit.....
P1040354.JPG

UUGH!!!!
P1040428.JPG
awesome comeback

kings and yotes...good match up on the goalies but kings should pull this out in 6

If the Kings win Game 1 then the Coyotes will be in trouble. They've going on momentum. They haven't had to face adversity whereas the Kings have dominated two straight series against much better teams while starting on the road.

If the Kings win Game 1 then the Coyotes will be in trouble. They've going on momentum. They haven't had to face adversity whereas the Kings have dominated two straight series against much better teams while starting on the road.

edit to add, Kings beat the best team in a sweep.

The parallels to 94 for the Rangers are interesting. Assuming they beat the Caps, they will play the Devils in the Conference Finals, then, if they beat the Devils, face an upstart team from the West no one was expecting to be there.

The NHL brass is crossing their fingers for a Rangers-Kings final.

Probably. At least, they don't rig games like the NBA though.

I personally think it sucks that the Capitals lost. I wanted to see Ovekin get to a championship. It'd have been fun to watch Obama jump that bandwagon too.

Probably. At least, they don't rig games like the NBA though.

I personally think it sucks that the Capitals lost. I wanted to see Ovekin get to a championship. It'd have been fun to watch Obama jump that bandwagon too.

Well, you can see him(ovechkin) become world champion now.. Ovechkin is now tranfering to play the finals in WC. Both Semin and Ovechkin will strengthen Russia. Backstrom comes in for Sweden now when capitals are out. The swedes look more eager to play wc at home than stanley cup, at least they say so.

Agree. If the Devils continue to skate (yes, I said SKATE...damn they were fast and finessed in the skating department against the Flyers..........hell it seemed they were telepathic as to where the puck was going they skated so welll!!!), the Rangers are in trouble and the NHL brass needs to keep their fingers crossed, along with 'House'.
It's gonna be a Devils-Kings finals............fer' sure!

Agree. If the Devils continue to skate (yes, I said SKATE...damn they were fast and finessed in the skating department against the Flyers..........hell it seemed they were telepathic as to where the puck was going they skated so welll!!!), the Rangers are in trouble and the NHL brass needs to keep their fingers crossed, along with 'House'.
It's gonna be a Devils-Kings finals............fer' sure!

Flyers had no defense... Rangers hustle for the loose pucks block shots from everywhere... Hagelin and Kreider can out skate anyone from Jersey...

King Henrik will be the wall he's always been...

Looking like the brass will get their wish....

Forum List

Back