🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

The Rangers cannot play the Bruins until the Conference final. In hockey, there are no fixed brackets. The highest ranked team in the standings plays the lowest ranked team regardless of who played whom in the prior round. So if Boston and New York win, Philadelphia will play the Rangers if the the Panthers beat the Devils. If the Devils win, the Flyers play Boston. That's the way it has always been in the Stanley Cup playoffs, or at least it has been for decades.
That's the way it works in all 4 sports, but in MLB you won't play a team from your own division in the first round, regardless of regular season standings.

That's not how it works in the NBA. In the NBA, teams are slotted in brackets and then play whomever is next in the bracket. So if 8 beats 1, 5 beats 4, 2 beats 7 and 3 beats 6, 5 will play 8 and 2 will play 3. In hockey, 2 would play 8 and 3 would play 5.

Shows you how much of a basketball fan I am.

Suck it Deuche 15.

I can only assume this is directed at me.

I was in the Garden crowd three years ago for a game 7 when Scott Walker ended our season in overtime. After winning The Cup last year this loss just doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad as that one did.

We have a young core that's signed, a budding superstar, and a stud defenseman coming up to the big club next season.

Our future is bright while yours is paved with irrelevance.

The correct spelling is "douche", by the way.

:thup:

Suck it Deuche 15.

I can only assume this is directed at me.

I was in the Garden crowd three years ago for a game 7 when Scott Walker ended our season in overtime. After winning The Cup last year this loss just doesn't hurt anywhere near as bad as that one did.

We have a young core that's signed, a budding superstar, and a stud defenseman coming up to the big club next season.

Our future is bright while yours is paved with irrelevance.

The correct spelling is "douche", by the way.

:thup:

Maybe he thinks you're German.

???

So, somewhere I read that over the past many, many years - I can't remember how many exactly - the Stanley Cup winner has come from the top 10 point getters during the season.

If form continues to hold, then one of these teams will win the Stanley Cup - NY Rangers, St Louis, Nashville, Philadelphia or New Jersey.

I'm predicting a Rangers-Nashville final.

Which means it will almost certainly be two other teams.

I was just getting ready to post and say Bryzgalov is looking much better when the Devils score the tying goal. :lol:

Still, the goaltending in this series is starting better than the Philly/Pitt series. It's been a pretty good game so far.

Is Quick going to carry the Kings to the cup? He's been fantastic so far.

Rinne gave up more goals in the first game than he did again Detroit in any of their games. Was it an off game, maybe too much time off? Smith did a great job keeping the Yotes in the game in the third and OT, but he DID give up 3 goals, so it's not as though he was impossible to get past. And why does Phoenix have to take every game to OT? I'm not complaining, but it must really suck for the fans and the endurance of the players. :p

It's a good thing I pay little attention to the NFL draft, otherwise I'd be annoyed that it overlaps with the NHL playoffs.

Wow. Just wow.

I don't think I've seen the Kings in the playoffs yet, and I've got to say, I'm turning into a believer. Some great individual plays on offense, superb PK, a good killer instinct to get those 2 goals at the end of the period....total dominance. With the high level Quick is playing at, this team looks destined to make it to the Cup finals.

Wow. Just wow.

I don't think I've seen the Kings in the playoffs yet, and I've got to say, I'm turning into a believer. Some great individual plays on offense, superb PK, a good killer instinct to get those 2 goals at the end of the period....total dominance. With the high level Quick is playing at, this team looks destined to make it to the Cup finals.

They are fired up! Blues score a goal? 30 seconds later the Kings score! 5-1 ...so far....:clap:

Forum List

Back