🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

One of these four teams will be in the Stanley Cup finals.

St Louis
Nashville
Phoenix
Los Angeles

If I had to pick one, I'd pick Nashville.

Toro still tryin' to pick this years playoffs. :lol::lol::lol:
And leaving the Flyers out! (and he's a Canadian............go figure?:cuckoo:)
:badgrin:

St Louis
Nashville
Phoenix
Los Angeles

There's a reason why I don't ever bet money on sports.

Flyer's ain't gonna win playing defense like that. They're going to have to get a whole lot better.

Plus, they were 0-6 against the Rangers this season.

St Louis
Nashville
Phoenix
Los Angeles

Flyer's ain't gonna win playing defense like that. They're going to have to get a whole lot better.

Way, way too early in these playoffs to be quoting the 0-6 season Ranger stat. Rangers aren't there yet, as they are still involved in a balls-to-the-wall playoff with the Sens. If, the Rangers beat the Sens, then they get to play the winner of the Bruins/Caps matchup, which is a similar balls-to-the-wall match, for the privilege of meeting the Flyers who'll get either the Devils or/Panthers and are sure to outclass either team.
Rangers/flyers season stat almost means next to nothing at this juncture.
Hell, even 'House' doesn't bring that stat up!

Way, way too early in these playoffs to be quoting the 0-6 season Ranger stat. Rangers aren't there yet, as they are still involved in a balls-to-the-wall playoff with the Sens. If, the Rangers beat the Sens, then they get to play the winner of the Bruins/Caps matchup, which is a similar balls-to-the-wall match, for the privilege of meeting the Flyers who'll get either the Devils or/Panthers and are sure to outclass either team.

The Rangers cannot play the Bruins until the Conference final. In hockey, there are no fixed brackets. The highest ranked team in the standings plays the lowest ranked team regardless of who played whom in the prior round. So if Boston and New York win, Philadelphia will play the Rangers if the the Panthers beat the Devils. If the Devils win, the Flyers play Boston. That's the way it has always been in the Stanley Cup playoffs, or at least it has been for decades.

Last edited:
For all those capitals and bruins fans....a montage just for us all :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye6Fr9y0JvM]Boston Bruins vs. Washington Capitals Game 7 Opening Montage - YouTube[/ame]

Round Two, Baby!!!!!

If it can't be my Wings, I LOVE the Caps!

CAPS!!!!!

argh.gif

The Rangers cannot play the Bruins until the Conference final. In hockey, there are no fixed brackets. The highest ranked team in the standings plays the lowest ranked team regardless of who played whom in the prior round. So if Boston and New York win, Philadelphia will play the Rangers if the the Panthers beat the Devils. If the Devils win, the Flyers play Boston. That's the way it has always been in the Stanley Cup playoffs, or at least it has been for decades.
That's the way it works in all 4 sports, but in MLB you won't play a team from your own division in the first round, regardless of regular season standings.

Okay it burns a little, however last years memories soothe the sting a bit, and the Bruins are that much closer to having Dougie Hamilton manning the blue line...so the future is looking good.

After last year I didn't think my body could take another run to the finals anyway. That shit is a wild ride.

I started to have doubts about hockey in 1974 when the Philadelphia Bullies 'won' the Stanley Cup by the sheer force of being bullies.

My suspicions confirmed I discarded hockey on the ash heap of sports when the same bullies 'won' again in 1975.

Haven't watched and have not been interested in hockey ever since. WWE is more honest and genuine.

That's the way it works in all 4 sports, but in MLB you won't play a team from your own division in the first round, regardless of regular season standings.

That's not how it works in the NBA. In the NBA, teams are slotted in brackets and then play whomever is next in the bracket. So if 8 beats 1, 5 beats 4, 2 beats 7 and 3 beats 6, 5 will play 8 and 2 will play 3. In hockey, 2 would play 8 and 3 would play 5.

Forum List

Back