🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

NHL 2012 Playoffs Thread

Boston fans, please STFU about you're team is eliminated - until it is actually eliminated!

Sorry man, being a decades long boston fan this WILL NOT happen.

We can't help it, decades of "great" teams dissapointing us has our minds made up in advance :lol:

....and yes I get it, the last 10 years or so boston has been title town but all the years preceeding were damn ugly for us and some of us are permanently jaded by it :razz:

Patriots, Sox, Bruins, Celtics= 7 titles in 10 years. Time for a new paradigm maybe? :thup:

The kid needs to toughen up.

He needs to bulk up some more for sure, he gets pushed all over the place it seems....and when he does he kinda seems like he gets pissy about it.....if he bulked up he could take out his pissiness on the player instead of @ the refs.

You can see the fear in his eyes when little scrums break out around the net after whistles ESPECIALLY if it's just him there with no teammates close by.

I get that he's a kid and these are legit dudes he's got to deal with but he really needs to zip it up.

He'll get it eventually, maybe he just needs his fighting cherry popped.

Besides, he doesn't have to bother mixing it up before he's ready, there are plenty on the team that will step in for him.

He needs to do what he did to win game 6, identify and move to those open slots where he can exploit the defense with his speed...I've had enough of him trying to deke past people, doesn't seem to be working.

On a side note, watching Brian Rolston for the past month or two has been a blast from the past...and a blast from the point, and from the left circle, etc....

The dude is so slapshot-happy sometimes it drives me insane, most often when the goalie isn't giving up rebounds as Holtby has.

Boston fans, please STFU about you're team is eliminated - until it is actually eliminated!

We can't help it, decades of "great" teams dissapointing us has our minds made up in advance :lol:

....and yes I get it, the last 10 years or so boston has been title town but all the years preceeding were damn ugly for us and some of us are permanently jaded by it :razz:

Patriots, Sox, Bruins, Celtics= 7 titles in 10 years. Time for a new paradigm maybe? :thup:

No, I'm pretty satisfied with this one.

:razz:

He needs to bulk up some more for sure, he gets pushed all over the place it seems....and when he does he kinda seems like he gets pissy about it.....if he bulked up he could take out his pissiness on the player instead of @ the refs.

You can see the fear in his eyes when little scrums break out around the net after whistles ESPECIALLY if it's just him there with no teammates close by.

I get that he's a kid and these are legit dudes he's got to deal with but he really needs to zip it up.

He'll get it eventually, maybe he just needs his fighting cherry popped.

Besides, he doesn't have to bother mixing it up before he's ready, there are plenty on the team that will step in for him.

He needs to do what he did to win game 6, identify and move to those open slots where he can exploit the defense with his speed...I've had enough of him trying to deke past people, doesn't seem to be working.

On a side note, watching Brian Rolston for the past month or two has been a blast from the past...and a blast from the point, and from the left circle, etc....

The dude is so slapshot-happy sometimes it drives me insane, most often when the goalie isn't giving up rebounds as Holtby has.

Rolston was my favorite player on the team during his first run here. Our powerplay could sure use the player he used to be on it.

When the number of years we are winners exceeds the number of years I dealt with things like the 85 superbowl I'll think about it ;)

No, I'm pretty satisfied with this one.

:razz:

I hate the Red Sox and the Patriots. I'm neutral on the Bruins; except for I root for them to lose to the Habs b/c the Bruins are the Habs bitches. I am a C's fan. So I guess I'm happy about one of those seven titles.

Nice to see the Canucks ousted - no rioting this time (first round exit)

Any other Canada-based teams left?

Nice to see the Canucks ousted - no rioting this time (first round exit)

Any other Canada-based teams left?

Ottawa, down 3-1 tonight in the third but currently up 3-2 in the series against the Rangers.

My only remaining rooting interest in The Cup: to see Ottawa get booted.

Well I have a vested interest in the Bruins and that entails rooting for the Rangers to lose, they played Boston very tough this year.

How about if the Senators lose in the 2nd round?

untitled.png

Bruins / Caps have had 6 one goal games with 3 going into overtime - helluva tight series. Still, I like Boston's momentum heading back home. Doesn't hurt that my wife is from Boston and I have a huge family there - I am "all in" for Boston. Go Bruins!

Unlike some people, I don't give up on my teams at the first sign of trouble.....:lol:

You should've!
Afterall, it was you who 'capped Nashville could be trouble before the Wings ever stepped on the ice.
I'll see your laugh :)lol:), and raise you a laugh :)lol:).
See ya' next year..............GO FLYERS!!!

I'm torn. I'd like the Sens to beat the Rangers because I've always had a soft spot for Ottawa, but on the other hand, a Bruins-Rangers Conference Championship series would be a good one

Forum List

Back