Nice Guys or Bad Boys?

Women want what they usually can't have... the best of both worlds. Which is why they will try to change the bad guy to fit their mold. Usually with negative results.

If they're so amazingly smart, why hasn't it ever dawned on them that getting the nice guy to be a little bit of a bad boy is both probably easier, and much safer than trying to turn the bad boy into Mr. Right?

Alot of women don't like to be alone (and can't do it...men make them feel valuable). They will sometimes settle for just being with any man instead of being alone...and won't wait for Mr. right.

To a certain degree, as a career bachelor myself, I can understand that mentality. However, a little bit of common sense and self-esteem clears that up real quick.

Women want what they usually can't have... the best of both worlds. Which is why they will try to change the bad guy to fit their mold. Usually with negative results.

If they're so amazingly smart, why hasn't it ever dawned on them that getting the nice guy to be a little bit of a bad boy is both probably easier, and much safer than trying to turn the bad boy into Mr. Right?

Alot of women don't like to be alone (and can't do it...men make them feel valuable). They will sometimes settle for just being with any man instead of being alone...and won't wait for Mr. right.

To a certain degree, as a career bachelor myself, I can understand that mentality. However, a little bit of common sense and self-esteem clears that up real quick.

Some women have to learn the hard way...you know what they say. You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

Not all women are totally self assured,just like all men aren't either.

Some women have to learn the hard way...you know what they say. You gotta kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince.

If we were talking about "some" women, I'd agree Shadow. In my experience we're talking about the vast majority of the entire gender under the ago of about 30, here.

Not all women are totally self assured, just like all men aren't either.

There's a difference between having LOW self-esteem and having NO self-esteem, which is what it seems to me would be necessary to constantly and consistantly seek out those who you know will just abuse you.

Besides, what BETTER way to BUILD that self-esteem than to go over to the nice guy sitting by himself in the bar, and literally MAKE HIS WEEKEND by sitting down, talking to hm, letting him buy you a drink, etc... And all without much chance of the "hump-me, dump-me" scenario that the Bad Boy is likely to pull.

If we were talking about "some" women, I'd agree Shadow. In my experience we're talking about the vast majority of the entire gender under the ago of about 30, here.

There's a difference between having LOW self-esteem and having NO self-esteem, which is what it seems to me would be necessary to constantly and consistantly seek out those who you know will just abuse you.

Besides, what BETTER way to BUILD that self-esteem than to go over to the nice guy sitting by himself in the bar, and literally MAKE HIS WEEKEND by sitting down, talking to hm, letting him buy you a drink, etc... And all without much chance of the "hump-me, dump-me" scenario that the Bad Boy is likely to pull.

Maybe alot of women under 30 are still learning what they really want in a partner...and searching. Or maybe a lot of them just want to have fun an not settle down yet.

Women with low self esteem usually pick the men that search them out and pay them attention. They won't approach the nice guy sitting by himself. Maybe they think if he was interested he would come over and talk.

Last edited:

Hump -me dump-me, hell. Hump me again :lol:

Ok folks, this is one of the Eternal Relationship Questions....

Ladies, do you prefer Nice Guys or Bad Boys?.... and WHY?

I'm truly interested to hear what members of both genders think on this one. Ladies, what do you prefer, and are you honest with yourself (and others) about it? Guys, what has your experience been over the years.... do the ladies prefer the nice guy or the guy who is in some way dangerous, or at least a rebellion against social standards?

I guess you can say i like the male equivalent of the "Madonna Whore" Base metal of a nice guy with a bedroom streak of a bad boy.

I guess you can say i like the male equivalent of the "Madonna Whore" Base metal of a nice guy with a bedroom streak of a bad boy.

Ok. So then, when you were looking for a guy did you seek out the Bad Boy and try to tame his wild side or the Nice Guy and try to find his inner "bedroom freak"?

Ok. So then, when you were looking for a guy did you seek out the Bad Boy and try to tame his wild side or the Nice Guy and try to find his inner "bedroom freak"?

I knew very young that you cant change people. You cant change a bad boy into a good one, and you cant turn someone into a sexual beast if it is not in them to begin with. However that being said..NO one is a perfect complete package.

As to looking for someone...i never really looked. I guess you can say i had/have standards...with a very high bar.

I knew very young that you cant change people. You cant change a bad boy into a good one, and you cant turn someone into a sexual beast if it is not in them to begin with. However that being said..NO one is a perfect complete package.

As to looking for someone...i never really looked. I guess you can say i had/have standards...with a very high bar.

So you were kind of the "sit back and wait for him to approach" type. Okay.

Wanna play with my scientific calculator?

That depends, how long is your slide rule?

Longer than my protractor.

emc2.jpg

So you were kind of the "sit back and wait for him to approach" type. Okay.

I was a, see who had the nerve to approach kind of girl. Most men are scared of confident women.

I was a, see who had the nerve to approach kind of girl. Most men are scared of confident women.

Most of us nice guy types have been shot down so many times that we really don't see the point anymore.

I've gotten to the point where my "pickup line" is generally..... "I need your opinion(s). Is this the ugliest face you've ever seen in your life?"

Most of us nice guy types have been shot down so many times that we really don't see the point anymore.

I've gotten to the point where my "pickup line" is generally..... "I need your opinion(s). Is this the ugliest face you've ever seen in your life?"

which is why i said i waited to see who had the nerve to speak to me. I like confidence.

And that is a lousy pick up line! Cant you ask an opinion on something else?

And how are you feeling today?

Forum List

Back