Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA
DOWN

Karma? What do people think?

upload_2019-2-21_14-45-57.jpeg

upload_2019-2-21_14-47-5.jpeg

NKE : Summary for Nike, Inc. - Yahoo Finance

In all my years involved with the NBA I've never seen this happen.
Nike may be looking at a lawsuit if he doesnt recover fully.
The next shoe deal writes itself. “The shoe that not even Zion can break!”

So you're saying the current Nike shoes suck?
I'm sure thats a real comfort for those who still wear them.
I know if my livelihood relied on quality athletic shoes i'd be looking elsewhere for my footwear.

I know if my livelihood relied on quality athletic shoes i'd be looking elsewhere for my footwear.
Nike could use the same motto. Just attach it to a new shoe. And not many people are physically freakish enough that they can blow out a shoe just from pushing off a plant.

Nike has been garbage for a while. One would think they would make sure the gear they give to sports teams don’t suck ass.

Nike could use the same motto. Just attach it to a new shoe. And not many people are physically freakish enough that they can blow out a shoe just from pushing off a plant.

I've known many an NBA player thats every bit as good and I handled their equipment including their shoes.
Never saw this happen in the 6 years I was around the game.
And thats being around the game in person and working for the Houston Rockets.
I actually spent my whole life around basketball until my father passed away.

On Inside Edition this afternoon, they showed this clip and his shoe blowing out. They also said that he suffered a slight knee strain, and while it took him out of the game, he's expected to make a full recovery.

They also showed WHY the shoe blew out. Seems that the uppers are simply glued to the soles, and they don't overlap, they just glue it at the seam where the upper joins the sole. And, there are many reasons glue can fail. Maybe the machine that glued the shoe didn't put enough adhesive on that pair, and it was just plain bad luck.

I remember seeing a glue failure once while racing bicycles. There was an amateur race that was a 10 mile time trial. Well, it was pretty hot that day in Memphis, and one of the guys that was ahead of me came around the turn around point. Well, he had sew up tires (tubular bike tires that are glued on), and apparently it had been hot enough to heat up the glue on his tires, and when he came around the U turn, his tires simply rolled off his rims when he leaned into the turn. Funniest damn thing I ever saw, he leaned into the turn, his tires rolled 90 degrees to the rim, and he went down, because aluminum rims without tires have no grip.

This glue failure is a close second.

On Inside Edition this afternoon, they showed this clip and his shoe blowing out. They also said that he suffered a slight knee strain, and while it took him out of the game, he's expected to make a full recovery.

They also showed WHY the shoe blew out. Seems that the uppers are simply glued to the soles, and they don't overlap, they just glue it at the seam where the upper joins the sole. And, there are many reasons glue can fail. Maybe the machine that glued the shoe didn't put enough adhesive on that pair, and it was just plain bad luck.

I remember seeing a glue failure once while racing bicycles. There was an amateur race that was a 10 mile time trial. Well, it was pretty hot that day in Memphis, and one of the guys that was ahead of me came around the turn around point. Well, he had sew up tires (tubular bike tires that are glued on), and apparently it had been hot enough to heat up the glue on his tires, and when he came around the U turn, his tires simply rolled off his rims when he leaned into the turn. Funniest damn thing I ever saw, he leaned into the turn, his tires rolled 90 degrees to the rim, and he went down, because aluminum rims without tires have no grip.

This glue failure is a close second.
The best in Chinese workmanship

You know, when I was in high school, Nike shoes were the preferred footwear of most athletes. I had a pair of running shoes, and because of the way the sole was wedged, it forced me to run in a strange gait, and they hurt my knees.

Switched them out for a pair of New Balance, and never had a problem afterwards.

Nope, sorry, but Nike shoes are over priced for what they are.

You know, when I was in high school, Nike shoes were the preferred footwear of most athletes. I had a pair of running shoes, and because of the way the sole was wedged, it forced me to run in a strange gait, and they hurt my knees.

Switched them out for a pair of New Balance, and never had a problem afterwards.

When I ran in HS, Adidas and Puma were the only choices.
They used exotic leathers like antelope and kangaroo
Senior year I saw these nylon track shoes by Nike and Tiger. They looked so cheap
Then Nike came out with the Waffle and there was no looking back

When I ran in HS, Adidas and Puma were the only choices.
They used exotic leathers like antelope and kangaroo
Senior year I saw these nylon track shoes by Nike and Tiger. They looked so cheap
Then Nike came out with the Waffle and there was no looking back

My track spikes were Puma's. Loved those things, because not only were they comfortable, but they were incredibly light compared to the others I saw.

And, like I said, because of the way Nike's made my run gait go weird, I didn't wear them again, I switched to New Balance.

Nowadays, I don't wear tennis shoes or running shoes anymore. If I'm just walking around town, I wear Teva sandals. If I'm working out, I'm wearing Mavic carbon fiber bicycle shoes, with Speedplay cleats.

Nike is turning its own trash into treasure.

The apparel giant said Wednesday that 71 percent of its footwear now contains materials made from waste products from its own manufacturing process.

The material, branded Nike Grind, is made from recycled sneakers, plastic bottles and manufacturing scraps from Nike’s factories. Old shoes, collected through the company’s Reuse-A-Shoe program, are sliced into three parts and then ground into rubber bits, foam or a fluffy fiber. Besides using the materials in the company’s own products, Nike sells them to buyers who use them to line running tracks, playgrounds, gym and weight room floors and carpet underlay.

Nike Is Now Making Most of Its Shoes
From Its Own Garbage

All their factories are outside the USA
people are making $13.00 a WEEK
to throw together and produce a finished product
in an insane amount of time, reusing old material

Charging people in the USA, insane prices,
for recycled shoes that have been refashioned
so they can pay idiots like CK millions and foreigners $13.00

Why anyone in America buys their shit is beyond me

Forum List

Back