NO AIRLINE 50 BILLION DOLLAR BAIL OUT! Budget your damn money to deal with emergencies.

They must exist at any cost.

Fine ... start with charging a price for the ticket that actually covers the cost of the trip. Let the people who fly pay the cost of flying, not the taxpayers.

I agree

I believe this will force "the mysterious hidden forces" behind control of the market to "adjust" payments and earnings to make up for the loss of tax dollars....

if BIG BUSINESS wants people to fly (and I'm sure they do) they'll just have to pay them enough to afford it!
There are often round trip tickets to Florida or California for 69.00 from KC.

In what world does that price reflect reality and actual cost?
Don't get me wrong, I love a good deal but it's not much of a deal when every tax payer has to bail them out every 10 years.

You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.
One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.
The Illinois governor has closed all bars and restaurants for almost a month. Who is going to pay those people Bill's? Who is going to put food on their tables? Who is going to pay the business owners for their losses?

We CAN NOT pay everyone. It is time to pay the people who drive our economy not those who profit from it.

Food on the tables? Well we first subsidized the farmers then bailed them out. The food should be free FFS
The f'n govt. pays farmers not to grow too.

Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

NO MORE FUCKING BAIL OUTS FOR WEALTHY CORPORATIONS.

After 9/11 they bailed out the airlines. Some of the money went to bonuses and employees were laid off after.

CNN.com - Airlines reeling, laying off thousands - September 22, 2001
They have been bailed out multiple times even without a crisis.

The golden horse trough needs to be shut down.

You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.
One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.
The Illinois governor has closed all bars and restaurants for almost a month. Who is going to pay those people Bill's? Who is going to put food on their tables? Who is going to pay the business owners for their losses?

We CAN NOT pay everyone. It is time to pay the people who drive our economy not those who profit from it.

Food on the tables? Well we first subsidized the farmers then bailed them out. The food should be free FFS
Yeah, our corporate welfare is out of control but that's for a different discussion. No need to derail the thread.

Only oxygen is still free.
You still gotta pay to eat, Commie!

We did pay...3 times Benito

Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

NO MORE FUCKING BAIL OUTS FOR WEALTHY CORPORATIONS.

After 9/11 they bailed out the airlines. Some of the money went to bonuses and employees were laid off after.

CNN.com - Airlines reeling, laying off thousands - September 22, 2001
They have been bailed out multiple times even without a crisis.

The golden horse trough needs to be shut down.

Don't worry.

A BIG, GIANT, HUMOUNGOUS, reset could be coming.

Fine ... start with charging a price for the ticket that actually covers the cost of the trip. Let the people who fly pay the cost of flying, not the taxpayers.

I agree

I believe this will force "the mysterious hidden forces" behind control of the market to "adjust" payments and earnings to make up for the loss of tax dollars....

if BIG BUSINESS wants people to fly (and I'm sure they do) they'll just have to pay them enough to afford it!

Don't get me wrong, I love a good deal but it's not much of a deal when every tax payer has to bail them out every 10 years.
Try getting that price on a weekend flight, or for that matter, within a month booking. Hopefully they don't oversell your flight.

Get ready to pay some more. That is, if you wanna eat!

Yeah, our corporate welfare is out of control but that's for a different discussion. No need to derail the thread.
Not trying to derail. Though I am guilty of putting old nails and pennies on the railroad tracks.

I agree

Those are off-day flights just to get the planes back to where there are paying customers. It's like leasing a piece of heavy equipment. Letting it sit idle costs big.

unfortunately you’re right

unfortunately you’re right

Here's hoping that you have the means.
Seriously!
It's at least a 3-6 month gambit ahead.

I agree

Those are off-day flights just to get the planes back to where there are paying customers. It's like leasing a piece of heavy equipment. Letting it sit idle costs big.

Airlines need to drop non-profitable routes. If they can't make money from flying a route, don't fly it. Basic economics.

I agree

Airlines need to drop non-profitable routes. If they can't make money from flying a route, don't fly it. Basic economics.

The cargo carriers take priority.

For about a year they had nonstop flights from KC to Iceland.

ICELAND

Of course that money pit ended. These are the kinds of asinine decisions that cost airlines BILLIONS. Yet you're willing to pay for their losses?

Actually Iceland were subsidizing that trip.... They were trying to be a hub before you went to Europe much like Dubai...

It didn't work out. Europe is asking why the most expensive land and biggest population centers are flight hubs... Residents complain and they are limited in flights... Slots out of Heathrow are like gold dust, airlines sometimes are bought for there slots...

I agree

The airlines already use a lot of very expensive algorithms to minimize waste and they still have to run empty routes that eventually get the planes back to where the demand is. Think of trains. They very often run empty cars back to the factories and mines where they are needed. It all evens out.

I agree

The airlines already use a lot of very expensive algorithms to minimize waste and they still have to run empty routes that eventually get the planes back to where the demand is. Think of trains. They very often run empty cars back to the factories and mines where they are needed. It all evens out.

Nothing subsidized EVER evens out!
Why da' fuck do you think we're 20+ trillion, or is it now 21+ trillion in debt?

I agree

It only evens out if they charge enough to run the plane back empty if required. If they're not charging enough, don't get the taxpayers to make up the difference.

What about hookers?

I bet they'll need a bailout!

The one business that will NEVER need a bailout (unless the government starts to run it).

cabc0c651cf443aad482a026bcd005842995ef37.gif

Forum List

Back