NO AIRLINE 50 BILLION DOLLAR BAIL OUT! Budget your damn money to deal with emergencies.

We have a LOT of money dedicated towards buying the bonds and loans of bankrupt companies.

Let them go under, and we'll wind up owning all of them.

Cool!

Beer companies should be saved at all costs.

For about a year they had nonstop flights from KC to Iceland.

ICELAND

Of course that money pit ended. These are the kinds of asinine decisions that cost airlines BILLIONS. Yet you're willing to pay for their losses?
This is not like the banking industry that got bailed out of their own greed and stupidity. Not sure what part of "critical infrastructure" you're not getting.
Not sure what part of supply and demand you're not getting. Critical or not.

There will be providers, just not as many and that is ok. No point in paying airlines that fly around half empty so much of the time.
Planes often fly empty because routes are as much about getting planes to the customers as getting people to their destination. As hard as they try it's just not mathematically possible to fill every flight. AND supply the demand. It is more profitable to say fly back empty to Europe and pick up another load than let that plane sit idle. Airlines are not all that profitable and they don't last long being wasteful.

ICELAND

Of course that money pit ended. These are the kinds of asinine decisions that cost airlines BILLIONS. Yet you're willing to pay for their losses?

Hey, the first time I went to Europe I flew nonstop to Iceland. Stopped there enroute to Luxembourg.

Or as you spell it, ICELAND.

To this day I regret not staying over there for a while.

What's yer problem with Iceland? Got a problem with white people?

Last edited:

ICELAND

If it weren't for the airlines and cruise ships, I doubt this virus problem would be as bad a problem. Anywhere.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Virus has never counted on transportation to be deadly.

Millions upon millions died in various plagues in history long before mankind even knew about flight or massive ships.
It is present day. No excuses.

ICELAND

If it weren't for the airlines and cruise ships, I doubt this virus problem would be as bad a problem. Anywhere.

Every thing was fine before the Iron Horses and Horseless Carriages.....

ICELAND

Maybe. Maybe not.

Virus has never counted on transportation to be deadly.

Millions upon millions died in various plagues in history long before mankind even knew about flight or massive ships.
It is present day. No excuses.

LOL!

I'm making no excuses.

What about hookers?

I bet they'll need a bailout!

Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

NO MORE FUCKING BAIL OUTS FOR WEALTHY CORPORATIONS.

Schumer is suggesting $750 billion stimulus. How did he come up with that number?

We have a LOT of money dedicated towards buying the bonds and loans of bankrupt companies.

Let them go under, and we'll wind up owning all of them.

Cool!
Or you could look at it like this... Everything that gets shut down or goes under will start up again. All new. New rules. New understanding. Just like sports would. Clean start.

ICELAND

Hey, the first time I went to Europe I flew nonstop ti Iceland.

Or as you spell it, ICELAND.

To this day I regret not staying over there for a while.

What's yer problem with Iceland? Got a problem with white people?

Many of us regret you not staying there, too!

Trump supports it and it's infuriating. Why should every American give 166.00 of their own money to a for profit business?!

We went through this bullshit with GM and Solyndra. Of which BOTH companies filed for bankruptcy AFTER getting our money.

NO MORE!

When the economy crashed in 08 my business struggled to stay afloat for a couple years and I got exactly ZERO dollars to help support me or my employees.

Grampa Murkel, give till it hurts and then some.

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

They must exist at any cost.

Fine ... start with charging a price for the ticket that actually covers the cost of the trip. Let the people who fly pay the cost of flying, not the taxpayers.

I agree

I believe this will force "the mysterious hidden forces" behind control of the market to "adjust" payments and earnings to make up for the loss of tax dollars....

if BIG BUSINESS wants people to fly (and I'm sure they do) they'll just have to pay them enough to afford it!

ICELAND

This is not like the banking industry that got bailed out of their own greed and stupidity. Not sure what part of "critical infrastructure" you're not getting.
The problem is our criminal government bails out big corporations, but does almost nothing for poor Americans.

You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.
One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.
The Illinois governor has closed all bars and restaurants for almost a month. Who is going to pay those people Bill's? Who is going to put food on their tables? Who is going to pay the business owners for their losses?

We CAN NOT pay everyone. It is time to pay the people who drive our economy not those who profit from it.

Food on the tables? Well we first subsidized the farmers then bailed them out. The food should be free FFS

NO MORE!

After 9/11 they bailed out the airlines. Some of the money went to bonuses and employees were laid off after.

CNN.com - Airlines reeling, laying off thousands - September 22, 2001

You may not know this but airlines and airports would probably not even exist as we know them without heavy government subsidy going back to the beginning of commercial flight. The entire industry is considered critical public infrastructure. They must exist at any cost. We do not have a national airline like practically every other country but in a way they all are.
One airline drops the rest will see a large uptick in business. The problem will solve itself via demand and supply. We are no longer a fledgling nation.
It is right and proper for the government to support the airline industry during temporary disruptions since we regulate every single aspect of their industry and need them operational immediately after the crisis passes.
The Illinois governor has closed all bars and restaurants for almost a month. Who is going to pay those people Bill's? Who is going to put food on their tables? Who is going to pay the business owners for their losses?

We CAN NOT pay everyone. It is time to pay the people who drive our economy not those who profit from it.

Food on the tables? Well we first subsidized the farmers then bailed them out. The food should be free FFS

Only oxygen is still free.
You still gotta pay to eat, Commie!

Forum List

Back