No better way to energize the DEM voters than to block Obama's nominations...

Yay. Go Hillary. :frown:

I guess Dem-Bots are desperate to grasp at any reason to get 'energized' over the most corrupt inept candidate running in either Party. Desperate times fo sho.

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations....

I haven't said it for a while but eventually the GOP will run out of either toes or bullets. It seems as though they have found another foot's worth of toes to aim at.

The GOP has obstructed no one as Obama has yet to make a nomination. The Republican Senate was voted into office to do a job as well. Their constituents expect them to only approve a candidate in the mold of Scalia. That's not obstruction. It's called doing the job the voters asked them to do. But feel free to keep playing games.

With that said, Democrats have a bigger issue if Hillary keeps picking up her Super Delegates even when Bernie picks up the votes.
I would have no problem with the Republican Senate rejecting a nominee. Refusing to go through the nomination process is what people object to.

HUH?

Are you saying that it is possible for Obama to get serious and nominate someone who is not a Marxist Leninist?
What I'm saying is go through the confirmation process, even if it's the Easter Bunny. Refuse to appoint if you don't like him/her.

Asked on WRNN 99.5 FM in South Carolina if his fellow candidates would say the same thing about waiting to nominate a new justice if there was a Republican president, Carson replied, "No, they wouldn't."
GettyImages-506643434.jpg

Well, d'uh.

What point do you think you are making?

That they don't agree with the dems on the issues?

LOL! WE got that.

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations....

I haven't said it for a while but eventually the GOP will run out of either toes or bullets. It seems as though they have found another foot's worth of toes to aim at.

The GOP has obstructed no one as Obama has yet to make a nomination. The Republican Senate was voted into office to do a job as well. Their constituents expect them to only approve a candidate in the mold of Scalia. That's not obstruction. It's called doing the job the voters asked them to do. But feel free to keep playing games.

With that said, Democrats have a bigger issue if Hillary keeps picking up her Super Delegates even when Bernie picks up the votes.
I would have no problem with the Republican Senate rejecting a nominee. Refusing to go through the nomination process is what people object to.

HUH?

Are you saying that it is possible for Obama to get serious and nominate someone who is not a Marxist Leninist?
I have every confidence that if Obama nominated Sarah Palin, you would find a way to believe she is a Marxist-Leninist.

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations.....

Would they? I don't know that the average voter even pays attention to this shit. Either way, the president has the right to appoint a new justice and the Senate should give his nomination a vote.

if the Republicans don't put up a fight on the SC they will lose their own base's interest.
either way, its going to energize the Left to vote and NOT for a rw'er

Not if you idiots let Hillary win due to superdelgates if Bernie wins the pledged delegate vote.

It will be insta-deflation.

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations.....

Would they? I don't know that the average voter even pays attention to this shit. Either way, the president has the right to appoint a new justice and the Senate should give his nomination a vote.

if the Republicans don't put up a fight on the SC they will lose their own base's interest.

They need to have vote though. They need to do their duty. They have nothing to stand on except politics for not giving the President's nominee a hearing.

With regards for the vote, it seems Obama didn't think so back in 2006 when Alito was being confirmed, and he voted to "continue debating" i.e. filibuster the appointment.

I'm sure hearings will be held.

If so, that's great. If it pulls Rubio off of the campaign circuit for a while that's even more wonderful. Hopefully, Teddy will keep on trucking. He's roadkill come November.

They wouldn't have to attend the hearings, it's called C-SPAN, they would just have to run back for a vote.

This country does NOT want another Scalia on the bench!

Most of this country knows that money is NOT speech!

This is the end of the fascist SCOTUS!

Cons made SCOTUS the main issue of the election, and I'm really glad.

I would argue you do not know many voters then. You're right about the 2nd part....even if it's a pro-forma thing....you do your duty.

I think you may give too much credit to the average voter based on the political knowledge of those you know.

If the nomination of a new justice gets enough media attention it may effect the election, but I think there are many people who just pull the D or R regardless of who is running or what the current political situation is.

Not if you idiots let Hillary win due to superdelgates if Bernie wins the pledged delegate vote.

Mmm, your assumption of some independent thought among some of the Left is intriguing I admit...

Do you have any evidence to support your radical notion, or are you just operating based on a Blind Faith in the limits of human stupidity?

Mmm, your assumption of some independent thought among some of the Left is intriguing I admit...

Do you have any evidence to support your radical notion, or are you just operating based on a Blind Faith in the limits of human stupidity?

it's more my observation of human apathy. If the majority of the people wanted Bernie and got Hillary, a portion of said people not voting at all is a good assumption to make. The question is how many.

I would argue you do not know many voters then. You're right about the 2nd part....even if it's a pro-forma thing....you do your duty.

I think you may give too much credit to the average voter based on the political knowledge of those you know.

If the nomination of a new justice gets enough media attention it may effect the election, but I think there are many people who just pull the D or R regardless of who is running or what the current political situation is.
At least 9 out of 10 voters will be aware of the importance of SCOTUS in this election by November. I'm predicting at least 25% more voters this year....liberal ones.

HUH?

I have every confidence that if Obama nominated Sarah Palin, you would find a way to believe she is a Marxist-Leninist.

Why?

Don't you know what a Marxist-Leninist stands for?

HUH?

Why?

Of course I do. But you are the kind of person who lives on delusions, and will reshape your perceptions to fit your biases.

Some clever reporter is going to walk Hillary Clinton into a trap. First, they will ask her if Obama should be able to appoint a Supreme Court Justice in his last year in office. She will have to answer in the affirmative.

Then she will be asked that if Obama's nomination is blocked, will she commit to appointing the same person.

I don't see how that is a "trap". In all likelihood, he's consulting her or her husband on who his list of nominees should include.

HUH?

Why?

Of course I do. But you are the kind of person who lives on delusions, and will reshape your perceptions to fit your biases.

Is that a fact?

Identify ONE post where I labeled someone as a Marxist-Leninist who was not also a government supremacist. Just one.

Yeah, which is the whole plan.

Nominate a BLACK FEMALE, make sure republicans try to block the BLACK FEMALE and make them look racist.

The victimology strategy will be in full effect and the left wing sheep will buy in with out a thought.

Left wingers are such unreal losers. All they know is race gender and class. Nothing else.

What is going to happen when we find out Scalia was murdered?
We already know he was murdered!

Blocking nominations to the Supreme Court isn't going to matter to the majority of democrat voters. They are barely aware that there is a supreme court. HRC is done. She's been done for awhile only the die hard Hillary fans haven't understood that.

Scalia was not even dead for 24 hours and that F'ING POS you voted for made this announcement, he is lower than whale shit...

His nominee will be blocked, they better have thick skin...

If she doesn't get indicted you mean...

McConnell spoke hours before Obama did....so you're right...Mitch McConnell is lower than Whale Shit.

They are both wrong, McConnell should have kept his mouth shut and Obama the same...

Forum List

Back