🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No better way to energize the DEM voters than to block Obama's nominations...

Scalia was not even dead for 24 hours and that F'ING POS you voted for made this announcement, he is lower than whale shit...

His nominee will be blocked, they better have thick skin...

If she doesn't get indicted you mean...

What you are saying that one branch of our Government can just shut down. SCOTUS will be locked at 4 to 4 on almost every decision it is called upon to rule on. Meaning is; the lower courts rulings will stand.And you want to have it shut down for the next year or so. What happens if a Left Wing gets in there? I shudder to think on that one. How about a right winger. Same thing. To get the system working again, a Moderate is called upon to fill the position. You can't have one side owning the whole of SCOTUS. We get in the same trouble when we have the Senate, House and President of the same stripe.
When you let the ultras rule on either side, we end up with a huge mess that it takes decades to clean up.

23 states passed Term Limits on Senate and House members. SCOTUS over turned that. in just one ruling. This is scaring the hell out of the Republicans. If a moderate is added to the SCOTUS the 23 states will have no choice but to revisit that ruling with a very good chance that it will be overturned in the States favor.

How about the unreported SuperPac contributions. The States wanted limits to it. SCOTUS overturned that. Can you imagine what 2020 will look like if either of these are corrected?

The good news is, Obama has at least one person he can nominate that Senate has already approved 97-0 from a lower court. If he presents one of those the Senate will either confirm them or confirm that they are doing more "Let's shut things down". And that could be desasterious for the 2016 Senate elections for the GOP.

Obama wins again either way.

You underestimate the power of the GOP's nutbag base. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few Repub Senators would like to just vote for a moderate and be done with it, but even if President Obama could find a way to resurrect Justice Scalia, they'd then be calling for Scalia II's removal.

Left wing speak for those who disagree with Obama. Your looney naming aside the Dems do not nominate moderates, just liberals. Republicans have nominated moderates (Souter for one) and conservatives. Look at Roberts and Kennedy on BO care and gay marriage as well. This will come in one of two flavors as I stated before, BO actually nominates someone who is some what to the right of his prior court nominees, but left of say Justice Thomas and he stands a chance of getting that name thru. He goes hard left it will get voted down (filibuster possible, maybe for a bit of time, but not long term)

The very fact that you say this...

...the Dems do not nominate moderates, just liberal

..pretty much reinforces my "looney naming".

Can't see any reason not to believe you guys will find find a reason to shoot down ANYONE he nominates.

Scalia was not even dead for 24 hours and that F'ING POS you voted for made this announcement, he is lower than whale shit...

What you are saying that one branch of our Government can just shut down. SCOTUS will be locked at 4 to 4 on almost every decision it is called upon to rule on. Meaning is; the lower courts rulings will stand.And you want to have it shut down for the next year or so. What happens if a Left Wing gets in there? I shudder to think on that one. How about a right winger. Same thing. To get the system working again, a Moderate is called upon to fill the position. You can't have one side owning the whole of SCOTUS. We get in the same trouble when we have the Senate, House and President of the same stripe.
When you let the ultras rule on either side, we end up with a huge mess that it takes decades to clean up.

23 states passed Term Limits on Senate and House members. SCOTUS over turned that. in just one ruling. This is scaring the hell out of the Republicans. If a moderate is added to the SCOTUS the 23 states will have no choice but to revisit that ruling with a very good chance that it will be overturned in the States favor.

How about the unreported SuperPac contributions. The States wanted limits to it. SCOTUS overturned that. Can you imagine what 2020 will look like if either of these are corrected?

The good news is, Obama has at least one person he can nominate that Senate has already approved 97-0 from a lower court. If he presents one of those the Senate will either confirm them or confirm that they are doing more "Let's shut things down". And that could be desasterious for the 2016 Senate elections for the GOP.

You underestimate the power of the GOP's nutbag base. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if more than a few Repub Senators would like to just vote for a moderate and be done with it, but even if President Obama could find a way to resurrect Justice Scalia, they'd then be calling for Scalia II's removal.

Left wing speak for those who disagree with Obama. Your looney naming aside the Dems do not nominate moderates, just liberals. Republicans have nominated moderates (Souter for one) and conservatives. Look at Roberts and Kennedy on BO care and gay marriage as well. This will come in one of two flavors as I stated before, BO actually nominates someone who is some what to the right of his prior court nominees, but left of say Justice Thomas and he stands a chance of getting that name thru. He goes hard left it will get voted down (filibuster possible, maybe for a bit of time, but not long term)

Can't see any reason not to believe you guys will find find a reason to shoot down ANYONE he nominates.

the fact is the Dems do nominate just liberals to the USSC, court voting records prove that no matter what you say. As I said before if he goes hard left, he will have problems. Nominate someone with a middle of the road record, that nominee has a good chance.

the fact is the Dems do nominate just liberals to the USSC, court voting records prove that no matter what you say. As I said before if he goes hard left, he will have problems. Nominate someone with a middle of the road record, that nominee has a good chance.

Rightwingnuts' definition of "hard left" has changed a bit lately.

And left wingers definition of conservatives has not?? There is some re-evaluation needed on both sides.

And left wingers definition of conservatives has not?? There is some re-evaluation needed on both sides.

First thing you've said I can at least kinda agree with.

First thing you've said I can at least kinda agree with.

There maybe hope for the world yet.

This is true.

On the other hand, we CAN'T allow a liberal court.

The damage to be done to our society would just be to great.

This really does work out well for Hillary <cough> motive<cough>.:wtf:

Corporate person-hood is far worse than anything a liberal court can do.

I expect my side to use every legal means at their disposal to prevent an Obama nomination from ever taking their seat.
They damn better fight this to the bitter end !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McConnell gave his first you partisan PoS :thup: GWV5903

I expect my side to use every legal means at their disposal to prevent an Obama nomination from ever taking their seat.

^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

That's what I was talking about, eagle.

I know. I just answered that person in technical sense. People can go overboard, I've seen enough of that from both sides of the fence over the years. There has always been an ideological bent to politics. At times it does overshadow debate. But even today's sharp tones don't compare to the 19th and early 20th century. The dirtiest Presidential race has to be 1828, with 1860 not far behind just as an example.

^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

I know. I just answered that person in technical sense. People can go overboard, I've seen enough of that from both sides of the fence over the years. There has always been an ideological bent to politics. At times it does overshadow debate. But even today's sharp tones don't compare to the 19th and early 20th century. The dirtiest Presidential race has to be 1828, with 1860 not far behind just as an example.

I sometimes wonder if people believe politics was a courteous, pleasant undertaking in the past and it is only now that it has become contentious. :p

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations....

I haven't said it for a while but eventually the GOP will run out of either toes or bullets. It seems as though they have found another foot's worth of toes to aim at.
Yeah.......,Pedro and Treyvon are keen on SCOTUS balance...and understand what's at stake if an originalist gets nominated in 2017 .........yo.

^^^^^ ^^^^^^^^^

I sometimes wonder if people believe politics was a courteous, pleasant undertaking in the past and it is only now that it has become contentious. :p

Some may well believe that. Its always been something of 'contact' sport in the verbal sense. For the most part mid 20th century to the present compared prior to that has had their harsh moments, but is more tame that from the 1790's thru the early to mid 1950's.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Supreme Court judge. Appointing a "moderate" to Scalia's seat will just make sure the SC rules to strike down term limits even harder than when Scalia was there.

Democrats have had more rulings in their favor than Republicans with a supposedly Conservative slanted court, and now it is even more in the Democrats favor.

It will be wonderful to see Dems turning out in droves to install HRC because the GOP is obstructing Obama's nominations.....

Would they? I don't know that the average voter even pays attention to this shit. Either way, the president has the right to appoint a new justice and the Senate should give his nomination a vote.
They pay attention to what gets talked about...
View attachment 63671
Like I said wait and next president should pick this guy...

3a4bb33697cc5b876b50240136ca5dba.jpg

Why?
It would cause Washington to melt down, and firearm/ammo sales would be off the charts...

It's already off the charts. Everytime it starts to die down, the NRA goes into it's gungrabber routine and it picks right up again. Maybe, and only those that keep feeding the fires, should we confiscate their firearms. Can you imagine SW or Colt not being allowed to manufacture guns due to this? As much as I am a colt fan, I might like to see this for about a week. The NRA is NOT a non profit anymore and hasn't been for decades.

Would they? I don't know that the average voter even pays attention to this shit. Either way, the president has the right to appoint a new justice and the Senate should give his nomination a vote.
They pay attention to what gets talked about...
View attachment 63671
Like I said wait and next president should pick this guy...

3a4bb33697cc5b876b50240136ca5dba.jpg

Why?
It would cause Washington to melt down, and firearm/ammo sales would be off the charts...

It's already off the charts. Everytime it starts to die down, the NRA goes into it's gungrabber routine and it picks right up again. Maybe, and only those that keep feeding the fires, should we confiscate their firearms. Can you imagine SW or Colt not being allowed to manufacture guns due to this? As much as I am a colt fan, I might like to see this for about a week. The NRA is NOT a non profit anymore and hasn't been for decades.
I sell firearms and ammo at my store... Barry has been a great salesman.

There is no such thing as a "moderate" Supreme Court judge. Appointing a "moderate" to Scalia's seat will just make sure the SC rules to strike down term limits even harder than when Scalia was there.

Democrats have had more rulings in their favor than Republicans with a supposedly Conservative slanted court, and now it is even more in the Democrats favor.

Actually, Scalia was a disenter on the striking down term limits. He did make rulings based on the Constitution all the time. But he lost as much as he won. Term Limits should not be a Red or Blue thing. Showing who is contributing to whom is not a Red or Blue thing. Those two are American things.

Forum List

Back