No, Chicago "gang leaders" don't want to meet w/ Trump

GaryDog

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2016
Chicago's 'Top Gang Thugs' Didn't Back Trump In Talk With Pastor, He Admits

CHICAGO — The Ohio pastor who told President Donald Trump that Chicago's "top gang thugs" wanted to help the president stop violence in Chicago apologized for his remarks Thursday and said he misspoke.

NOT "Gang Thugs", FORMER street guys that are now community activists. MY BAD! No harm or disrespect intended! (I'm a former street guy too)

— Dr. Darrell Scott (@PastorDScott) February 2, 2017

@TllBrwn @topgangthugs It did sound pretty stupid, I have to admit that; but hey, my brain wasn't all the way woke yet.

Neither Toure nor Brooks have ever been part of a gang. None of the three men identified by Scott could be reached Thursday morning.

Obama would have been a much better person to meet with and mediate some kind of truce among the gangs of his hometown. Probably could have accomplished something.

Buy, its in Illinois, and he didn't need the votes...its a Deep Blue State...so he said Fuck It, and played golf.

Obama would have been a much better person to meet with and mediate some kind of truce among the gangs of his hometown. Probably could have accomplished something.

Buy, its in Illinois, and he didn't need the votes...its a Deep Blue State...so he said Fuck It, and played golf.

Right, Obama never cared about Illinois, that's why he held his acceptance speech for the presidency there, as well as his farewell speech there, taught there, organized politically in South Chicago, etc.

Please, talk about how Obama did so little for Chicago. That argument TOTALLY holds water.

He chose to vote "present" on race.

What a terribly wasted opportunity.

Right, Obama never cared about Illinois, that's why he held his acceptance speech for the presidency there, as well as his farewell speech there, taught there, organized politically in South Chicago, etc.

Please, talk about how Obama did so little for Chicago. That argument TOTALLY holds water.

Obama did so much for Chicago over his 8 year term amiright?

He had to tiptoe around race, because every time he brought it up, the KKK sympathizers in this country lost their shit.

See the right-wing scream machine's reaction to his "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" remarks. The most innocuous statement of a simple fact a president could make in sympathizing with the parents' loss of a son, and Rush/Glenn Beck/FoxNews/A. Jones, et al LOST THEIR MINDS.

I get it. You've been bred to believe Chicago is the worst city in the world.

In truth, it doesn't crack the top 20 for violent crime among major cities in the U.S.

He had to tiptoe around race, because every time he brought it up, the KKK sympathizers in this country lost their shit.

See the right-wing scream machine's reaction to his "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" remarks. The most innocuous statement of a simple fact a president could make in sympathizing with the parents' loss of a son, and Rush/Glenn Beck/FoxNews/A. Jones, et al LOST THEIR MINDS.
Yeah, it was somebody else's fault.

He was the President of the United States, the hero of millions, the Leader of the Free World, the owner of the loudest bully pulpit on the planet, an articulate and intelligent man, more qualified by far than any other American President to address and confront our racial divide.

And was skeered of what them mean Republicans might say. So he just avoided the whole thing. Phew!

Holy crap, that's weak. Are you really sure you want to run with that?

Last edited:

CHICAGO — The Ohio pastor who told President Donald Trump that Chicago's "top gang thugs" wanted to help the president stop violence in Chicago apologized for his remarks Thursday and said he misspoke.

NOT "Gang Thugs", FORMER street guys that are now community activists. MY BAD! No harm or disrespect intended! (I'm a former street guy too)

@TllBrwn @topgangthugs It did sound pretty stupid, I have to admit that; but hey, my brain wasn't all the way woke yet.

Neither Toure nor Brooks have ever been part of a gang. None of the three men identified by Scott could be reached Thursday morning.
attempting_to_give_a_damn____by_fallschirm_jaeger.gif

Absolutely.
Obama had a unique and tremendous opportunity to improve race relations in this country, but instead - right off the bat - showed his ass to all of us with his off the cuff accusations when his buddy in Illinois was arrested....automatically assuming the white police officer was racist and from that day forward to the end of his office consistently showed us Al Sharpton'sk attitudes. And of course the first lady was worse.

What a load of crap.

Absolutely.
Obama had a unique and tremendous opportunity to improve race relations in this country, but instead - right off the bat - showed his ass to all of us with his off the cuff accusations when his buddy in Illinois was arrested....automatically assuming the white police officer was racist and from that day forward to the end of his office consistently showed us Al Sharpton'sk attitudes. And of course the first lady was worse.
I don't know how his complete avoidance of such a critical issue could be anything other than politically motivated.

America turned its back on various sacrifice zones long, long ago, Appalachia is another such place. As we continue to redistribute societal wealth into corporate and Wall Street pockets these sacrifice zones will continue to grow and spread. This is exactly what DeVos has in mind for public education; ghettoization.

There are already street guys mediating gang conflicts in Chicago. The Interrupters | A Film by Steve James and Alex Kotlowitz

The problem is not that these guys aren't working, but that Chicago's funding for this successful program was cut from 14 sites to 1 in the past 3 years. In the site where this program is still being implemented, though, homicides remain very low.

Opinion: Get behind CeaseFire to reduce Chicago violence

For the life of me, I will never understand why black lives hold such low value in Chicago that there is a refusal to fund programs that worked to save lives and prevent shootings.

How might Trump pay for his wall? He's suggested a tax on goods imported from Mexico. Great, right? Well, just who buys goods imported into the U.S. from Mexico? It's not Mexicans or Canadians.

Hmmm, let me think about this for a minute.
Option #1. Partner up with my fellow REAL American's on a 15-25 billion dollar one time expense wall.

OR

Option #2. Keep paying 113 billion per year, every year for Juan, Guadalupe and their eight offspring and watch the thirdworlders destroy American society and everything they come in contact with for eternity.

Boy this is a tough one, I may need some more time to think about this.
Keep paying 113 billion per year,

The problem is that you are a credulous imbecile...

I'm sure your estimates are far more credible? What do you estimate the cost of the cockroaches to be?
Don't be scared...go ahead.
And what part of Mexico are you from?
You do understand that these are "fiscal" costs, right?

and that yours is only one of numerous estimates (though by far the highest) ranging from a net of about 2 billion, to "113 billion"...

I be from NEW Mexico, Vato.....you?

Haha....so true. He had Chicago voters wrapped up based on skin color so why bother trying to make a difference.

Okay, sounds like some noble shit he did there...So tell us, what did he do that actually made a difference and or mattered?

I get it. You've been bred to believe Chicago is the worst city in the world.

In truth, it doesn't crack the top 20 for violent crime among major cities in the U.S.

It's a predominantly black city which by default makes it a dangerous shithole...just like any predominantly Mexican community. They're all pretty much the same shithole...no semantics please.

p.s.- sorry for the raw truth, I know how many struggle with that.

Well I guess you guys saw that Trump is sending 20 ATF officers to take over investigations and setting up a task force...and made the comment that "if they can't take control of this situation we will"...and he will.

Forum List

Back