No Indictment in Eric Garner Case

I have been reading along and, except for a couple of assholes, this thread seems about like the debate I would expect to hear from 25 Grand Jurors trying in good faith to effect justice.

If I was on the Grand Jury, and knowing just what I know from the video and the opinions I have read and heard, well....ELEVEN..... "I can't breathe" s" is way too many.

I would have voted for an indictment of Involuntary Manslaughter.

I was at work one day and a fellow worker started saying I can't breathe and no one was touching him he was just having a heart attack.

For all we know or for all the cops knew for that matter was he was just saying that. People say all kinds of things when they are getting arrested and it doesn't make them all true.

IMO if he really couldn't breathe he wouldn't have been able to say anything at all
Did you see the video? All those cops were all over him when he was saying that and one had his knee on the guy's head pressing it into the cement.

Why are you continuing to say these things as if there was no video that they keep rolling all day long. You are a liar.

A knee pressing a guy's head down is not a choke hold now is it. How do you keep a very large man on the ground? You hold his head down so he can't get up
Liar.

Sorry but what exactly is it that a wrote that was a lie? A knee on the side of your head will not choke you to death now will it?

And the best way to keep a larger opponent down IS to keep his head pinned to the ground.

SO show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation. Because if the so called choke hold killed him that would be listed as the singular cause of death and not a contributing factor to his death.

See the difference there?

You can argue that with the Coroner. He knows something about Homicides and Forensics. And knows waaaay more about it than some peanut gallery internet poster like yourself
Show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation.

HOMICIDE: Medical examiner says NYPD chokehold killed Staten Island dad Eric Garner

It was a homicide — and the chokehold killed him.

Eric Garner, the Staten Island dad who complained that he couldn’t breathe as he was subdued by cops, died from compression of the neck, the medical examiner said Friday.

The autopsy also found that compressions to the chest and “prone positioning during physical restraint by police” killed Garner. The manner of death, according to the medical examiner, was homicide.

Garner’s widow told the Daily News she was relieved that the coroner finally confirmed what she suspected since her husband died on July 17.

Eric Garner s death ruled a homicide NYC medical examiner - NY Daily News
Read the whole article next time

The autopsy also found that compressions to the chest and “prone positioning during physical restraint by police” killed Garner. The manner of death, according to the medical examiner, was homicide.

The autopsy determined the victim’s asthma, obesity and high blood pressure were also contributing factors in his death

So which is the cause? The choke hold which while applied he was able to talk ?, the guy sitting on his chest? Being grossly obese and held in a prone position?

Or was it his obesity, Asthma and high blood pressure?

But do you know what really caused his death?

He did by not complying with the cops.
The cause is right there in what you posted. "prone positioning during physical restraint by the police" killed Garner.
ayup... if you have asthma you know laying down during attack = less oxygen

During an asthma attack you need to be standing up with weight off lungs to make it easier to inhale.. otherwise it's a loosing battle... where was his wife/girlfriend with the inhaler?

That man needed those restraints off and someone to help him stand. They killed him. They didn't mean to, but that's what they did.

Ok, I put my hand over my mouth and held my nose for more than half a minute and could still make muffled words. Are you saying I am lying? :lol:

Since you cannot make vocal sounds without air because it is a physical impossibility, I can only assume one or more of the following:

1. You are lying.
2. You are in fact passing air over your vocal cords.
3. You are belching your words out (I have seen people talk with burps).
4. There is a ventriloquist behind you.

If you can speak, you can breathe, that is a cold hard fact that cannot be refuted.

Usually when someone says they can't breathe what they really mean is they can barely breathe. Asthma sucks. You feel like you are dying.

This one time I knocked a birds nest down it hit my head... dust everywhere.. Turns out I'm allergic to this stuff. Chest tightens up immediately. Look at my wife and tell her I love her... that's all I remember. She got to an inhaler we had for one of the kids... gave it to me while I was passed out. Not fun.

Absolutely. If they SAY they can't breathe it means they are having a hard time breathing, yet, they MUST be able to breathe or they couldn't talk at all.

If you have ever seen someone choking on food, they cannot speak. THAT is choking.
Having wrestled for many years... I can tell you without equivocation, that not all submission holds around the neck are choke holds. More particularly, the hold that cop used was closer to a sleeper hold where blood flow to the brain is cut off to make the guy pass out.

But that's not what happened.

The guy had an asthmatic attack brought on by the stress of being wrestled to the ground. The added weight on his back probably pushed his gut into his lungs.
The other holds cut off blood flow to the brain. Is this what they are calling approved?
Dunno...

Show me where the cause of death is listed as manual strangulation.

Why? Whats the point? Are you saying the Coroner was wrong or nah?

I haven't read the coroners report and you say you have

So it should be easy for you to show exactly where it says the singular cause of death was manual strangulation. But from what I've read in the papers there were many contributing factors listed and not just one cause of death.

Maybe that's why the grand jury decided not to indict.

I told you the Coroner ruled it a homicide. For some reason you keep asking for something that says "manual strangulation" and when asked why you dont know.

Are you saying the coroner is wrong? Or from "what you heard" means the coroner is wrong?
You said the choke hold killed him. If the choke hold killed him the cause of death would be listed as manual strangulation

And homicide is not necessarily a crime now is it all it means is that another person or persons contributed to the death.

I DIDNT SAY THE CHOKE HOLD KILLED HIM THE CORONER DID!!

When were you a coroner? Because this insistence that is has to say "manual strangulation" has to come from somewhere...I have a feeling its coming from your own sphincter
The choke hold contributed, probably brought on the asthma attack.

Why? Whats the point? Are you saying the Coroner was wrong or nah?

So it should be easy for you to show exactly where it says the singular cause of death was manual strangulation. But from what I've read in the papers there were many contributing factors listed and not just one cause of death.

I told you the Coroner ruled it a homicide. For some reason you keep asking for something that says "manual strangulation" and when asked why you dont know.

Are you saying the coroner is wrong? Or from "what you heard" means the coroner is wrong?
You said the choke hold killed him. If the choke hold killed him the cause of death would be listed as manual strangulation

And homicide is not necessarily a crime now is it all it means is that another person or persons contributed to the death.

When were you a coroner? Because this insistence that is has to say "manual strangulation" has to come from somewhere...I have a feeling its coming from your own sphincter

Contributed along with a laundry list of other things.

There is no singular cause of death which is why the grand jury decided not to indict.

But in all honesty when we boil everything down the root cause was Garner's behavior.

I have been reading along and, except for a couple of assholes, this thread seems about like the debate I would expect to hear from 25 Grand Jurors trying in good faith to effect justice.

If I was on the Grand Jury, and knowing just what I know from the video and the opinions I have read and heard, well....ELEVEN..... "I can't breathe" s" is way too many.

I would have voted for an indictment of Involuntary Manslaughter.

I was at work one day and a fellow worker started saying I can't breathe and no one was touching him he was just having a heart attack.

For all we know or for all the cops knew for that matter was he was just saying that. People say all kinds of things when they are getting arrested and it doesn't make them all true.

IMO if he really couldn't breathe he wouldn't have been able to say anything at all
Did you see the video? All those cops were all over him when he was saying that and one had his knee on the guy's head pressing it into the cement.

Why are you continuing to say these things as if there was no video that they keep rolling all day long. You are a liar.

A knee pressing a guy's head down is not a choke hold now is it. How do you keep a very large man on the ground? You hold his head down so he can't get up
Liar.

Sorry but what exactly is it that a wrote that was a lie? A knee on the side of your head will not choke you to death now will it?

And the best way to keep a larger opponent down IS to keep his head pinned to the ground.
That he wasn't complying. He put his hands up, they grabbed him around the neck, he gave in, went down on the ground and they still wouldn't let him breathe. You are deliberately trying to make up a different scenario as if he was fighting them all the way. You are lying.

There is no singular cause of death which is why the grand jury decided not to indict.

But in all honesty when we boil everything down the root cause was Garner's behavior.
Lying again.

I'd further a guess that the emergency personnel gave him a shot of epinephrine to try to get him breathing again. If they guy had high blood pressure that might have caused the heart attack.

Tragic sequence...

Liar.

That he wasn't complying. He put his hands up, they grabbed him around the neck, he gave in, went down on the ground and they still wouldn't let him breathe. You are deliberately trying to make up a different scenario as if he was fighting them all the way. You are lying.

He wasn't complying he was slapping the cop's hands away. They forced him to the ground he did not get on the ground voluntarily. He was resisting the entire time. If he wasn't resisting it would not have taken 5 guys to control him

Not true. Clive Bundy is still alive.

Maybe it was depression and it was brought on by the lack of flowers and candy.

What does a coroner know any when I can turn to these Internet Columbos?

Still can't cite that one cause of death can you?

Liar.

He wasn't complying he was slapping the cop's hands away. They forced him to the ground he did not get on the ground voluntarily. He was resisting the entire time. If he wasn't resisting it would not have taken 5 guys to control him
You need to watch it again. You couldn't be more wrong. Those cops killed him and got off scott free, that's why they continue to murder people.

Liar.

You need to watch it again. You couldn't be more wrong. Those cops killed him and got off scott free, that's why they continue to murder people.
Uh HUH

Have you ever tried to take a person bigger than you down?

I didn't think so.

Nah the root of the cause was the reaction to his behavior. There was nothing wrong with his behavior. Sorry but I don't agree that all men need to start acting like little girls and bow down to the police every time they say jump.

I'm still asking what reason....Are you saying the coroner is lying? Doesnt know what hes talking about? Or is it a secret?

Uh HUH

I didn't think so.
He asked them not to touch him at one point, very politely. They are not allowed to choke someone like that, they should have put him in the car and taken him downtown. He was very compliant. But no, they'd rather murder someone for selling a 50 cent ciggie.

Aaah. The fix was in on this trial as well. The other officers were granted immunity in exchange for their testimony. WTF?

No indictment for New York officer in Garner chokehold case - Nation - The Boston Globe

In early September, the Staten Island district attorney, Daniel M. Donovan Jr., impaneled the grand jury to weigh evidence and heard testimony from the officers involved and 22 civilian witnesses. All the officers, with the exception of Pantaleo, were granted immunity.

Uh HUH

I didn't think so.
He didn't need to be "taken down" like an animal.

I'm still asking what reason....Are you saying the coroner is lying? Doesnt know what hes talking about? Or is it a secret?

I'm saying he listed way more than one contributing factor yet you say the choke hold killed him. If the choke hold was the singular cause of death you should be able to show me where it says that

Forum List

Back