No intent

Some of us know what needs to happen. Sadly, too many Americans are sleep walking into a tyranny that will consume them.
They will unknowingly defend this bullshit because they have not learned what freedom means. They blindly accept the abuse they get because they don't bother to question authority.

Because of that, we freedom lovers are royally fucked. We cannot do what needs to be done when millions of useful idiots will fight to maintain their serfdom.
Agreed.

Is there anyone in Congress warning Americans about the growing tyranny, that is our government? Is there anyone in the MSM warning Americans? I can't think of anyone.

Those of us who value liberty above all things, are considered crackpots. Those of us warning about growing government power and injustice, are laughed at.

A nation founded on individual liberty has lost it's way, but few know it. 1984 here we come.

SO i heard this story of this guy from new jersey doing some cheap low budget film that involved a car chase and a gun. The gun is obviously supposed to be a prop.
He gets pulled over and cops see the "prop" turns out, according to NJ law, that "prop" was a BB GUN and is considered a firearm. NJ has laws to where one must purchase a permit for BB Guns :rofl:
Anywho, the guy gets charged with 3 counts and faces a MINIMUM of 15 years in prison. The production company failed to get permits for everything, is what the problem was.
Dude hopes to get 3 years probation for this. Apparently, they are going to go after the production company as well. The prosecutors decided to do their own investigation and found them liable. No dropped charges for the individual though.
Can you believe this shit? A guy with a BB GUN is facing 15 years in prison for something he had no control over with ZERO intent and some smug bitch in washington breaks confidentiality rules but gets off the hook because she is too goddamn dumb to read a symbol and had no ill intent (supposedly) FBI agents even helped her..
Fuck Washington and fuck unconstitutional gun laws. Especially involving "10 year old" toys that cant even kill a bird!
I hope this guy gets his 3 years probation, at least!

That's not the whole story...

...If the filming permits and BB gun permits were in place, in theory the whole mess could have been avoided – but in Bellario’s case, his own criminal background complicates things.

Bellario’s attorney, Jef Henninger, explained that his client has some prior theft charges. Although he’s been open about his past and has since reformed his life, New Jersey law prohibits felons from having BB guns at all, with or without a permit.

“Because of that, the prosecution has the option of indicting him for being a felon in possession and that’s a second-degree crime and that’s five to 10 years in prison,” Henninger told the Daily News.

N.J. man facing 15 years for using prop gun will go to trial

On July 24th of last year he accepted a plea deal for probation if he agreed to testify truthfully against the production company...

He stood in the fifth-floor hallway of the Middlesex County Courthouse Wednesday afternoon, anxious and agitated, intensely debating his attorney and himself whether to take a plea deal of probation or to opt for trial and risk potentially 15 or even 30 years in prison...

...At a preliminary hearing in March, he didn't waver in rejecting the prosecution's plea offer of three years in prison.

But on Thursday, after being continually reminded by his attorney, Jef Henninger, of the risks of rejecting the plea, Goias finally acquiesced and agreed to plead guilty to a charge of creating false public alarm...

...Henninger
(his attorney) later found out that if Goias opted for trial, he potentially faced 30 years due to his past record, which includes six prior convictions in two states, including charges of theft, credit card theft, and burglary, according to court records...

Faced with 30 years in prison, N.J. actor takes plea deal on gun charge

So, now that we have all the facts...

Yes, the law is absolutely, beyond any shadow of a doubt, stupid.

That being said, he should have known better. It's not as if he didn't know he was a convicted felon.
He stated he didnt know it was a bb gun. He thought it was a "prop" which is what it was supposed to be. The main theme here is "intent"
I didnt post the whole story because i didnt feel it was relevant. But yes, unlawful touching of the bb gun (or whatever legal mumbo terminology it is) was one of the charges.

It's an idiotic law. When the wife and I decided to move out of California, I researched the gun laws of every state to which we discussed moving. Needless to say, we never even considered New Jersey or New York.

SO i heard this story of this guy from new jersey doing some cheap low budget film that involved a car chase and a gun. The gun is obviously supposed to be a prop.
He gets pulled over and cops see the "prop" turns out, according to NJ law, that "prop" was a BB GUN and is considered a firearm. NJ has laws to where one must purchase a permit for BB Guns :rofl:
Anywho, the guy gets charged with 3 counts and faces a MINIMUM of 15 years in prison. The production company failed to get permits for everything, is what the problem was.
Dude hopes to get 3 years probation for this. Apparently, they are going to go after the production company as well. The prosecutors decided to do their own investigation and found them liable. No dropped charges for the individual though.
Can you believe this shit? A guy with a BB GUN is facing 15 years in prison for something he had no control over with ZERO intent and some smug bitch in washington breaks confidentiality rules but gets off the hook because she is too goddamn dumb to read a symbol and had no ill intent (supposedly) FBI agents even helped her..
Fuck Washington and fuck unconstitutional gun laws. Especially involving "10 year old" toys that cant even kill a bird!

...If the filming permits and BB gun permits were in place, in theory the whole mess could have been avoided – but in Bellario’s case, his own criminal background complicates things.

Bellario’s attorney, Jef Henninger, explained that his client has some prior theft charges. Although he’s been open about his past and has since reformed his life, New Jersey law prohibits felons from having BB guns at all, with or without a permit.

“Because of that, the prosecution has the option of indicting him for being a felon in possession and that’s a second-degree crime and that’s five to 10 years in prison,” Henninger told the Daily News.

On July 24th of last year he accepted a plea deal for probation if he agreed to testify truthfully against the production company...

He stood in the fifth-floor hallway of the Middlesex County Courthouse Wednesday afternoon, anxious and agitated, intensely debating his attorney and himself whether to take a plea deal of probation or to opt for trial and risk potentially 15 or even 30 years in prison...

...At a preliminary hearing in March, he didn't waver in rejecting the prosecution's plea offer of three years in prison.

But on Thursday, after being continually reminded by his attorney, Jef Henninger, of the risks of rejecting the plea, Goias finally acquiesced and agreed to plead guilty to a charge of creating false public alarm...

...Henninger
(his attorney) later found out that if Goias opted for trial, he potentially faced 30 years due to his past record, which includes six prior convictions in two states, including charges of theft, credit card theft, and burglary, according to court records...

That being said, he should have known better. It's not as if he didn't know he was a convicted felon.
He stated he didnt know it was a bb gun. He thought it was a "prop" which is what it was supposed to be. The main theme here is "intent"
I didnt post the whole story because i didnt feel it was relevant. But yes, unlawful touching of the bb gun (or whatever legal mumbo terminology it is) was one of the charges.
...and didn't that asshole Jim Comey claim Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted, because there was no intent?

...Henninger

...and didn't that asshole Jim Comey claim Hillary shouldn't be prosecuted, because there was no intent?
exactly

It was a fucking movie! He was acting! What the fucking fuck?

What about that makes it any less of government abuse?
Really? Prior to reading this, did you know that a BB gun requires a permit in NJ? You could have been in the same boat of "creating false public alarm" even if your criminal history is clean as a virgin's sheets.

...Henninger

The guy couldn’t tel, that the “prop” was a BB gun? Maybe he had not used the prop. I would expect most people would be able to tell it was a BB gun and not just a fake gun. At any rate, it seems that the guy is getting a bum rap.

Are you saying the Hillary Clinton defense didn’t work?
Only for Comey did the Hillary defense work.

I hope this guy gets his 3 years probation, at the most!

Just tell them your last name is Clinton.

Is there anyone in Congress warning Americans about the growing tyranny, that is our government? Is there anyone in the MSM warning Americans? I can't think of anyone.

Those of us who value liberty above all things, are considered crackpots. Those of us warning about growing government power and injustice, are laughed at.

A nation founded on individual liberty has lost it's way, but few know it. 1984 here we come.
But, but, but....we will all be eating poison and drinking cow shit....there will be mayhem, war in the streets....locusts!!!!!.....think of the children....

:lmao:

Why do we allow government to throw people in jail without requiring them to prove intent? When did we get to this point? When did negligence result in loss of freedom at the hands of our (former) servant, the government?

But, but, but....we will all be eating poison and drinking cow shit....there will be mayhem, war in the streets....locusts!!!!!.....think of the children....

None of that matters....

The GOP Tax Cuts have been enacted into law, the Obamacare individual mandate has been repealed and net neutrality is dead, so any day now....

The Earth is going to explode.

It was a fucking movie! He was acting! What the fucking fuck?

What about that makes it any less of government abuse?
Really? Prior to reading this, did you know that a BB gun requires a permit in NJ? You could have been in the same boat of "creating false public alarm" even if your criminal history is clean as a virgin's sheets.

A movie for which there were no filming permits. Not that he would have known that... To my mind, the production company should face the charges for creating "false public alarm".

I did not know you needed a permit for a BB gun in New Jersey. Do you know why I didn't know this? BECAUSE I DON"T FUCKING LIVE THERE! If I did, you can be damn sure I would be well aware of ALL of their gun laws. Were I a convicted felon not wanting to return to prison, I would be doubly aware of ALL of their gun laws. Either way, I would not be found waving the gun out of an open car window while speeding around a neighborhood.

Now I am fairly certain that, when being released from prison, one gets a run down of the dos and don'ts of what is acceptable once you're on the outside. Admittedly, I have no first hand knowledge or evidence of what they tell a felon prior to his or her release... Perhaps one of our resident felons can inform us in that respect...

As I said twice before, I think the law regarding the BB guns is stupid, idiotic. Sadly, it's the law and, like it or not, ignorance of the law is not a defense in any state in the union. I imagine that the people of New Jersey, should they ever get tired of ridiculous stories and incidents such as this, will be responsible for getting the laws changed...

None of that matters....

The GOP Tax Cuts have been enacted into law, the Obamacare individual mandate has been repealed and net neutrality is dead, so any day now....

The Earth is going to explode.

Run for your lives. The sky is falling.

Here in Texas, the oil and gas guys are dancing in the streets. Obama put some serious restrictions on that industry that did nothing but put the brakes on the economy, but Trump has been actively killing all that Obama EO regulation. The money is starting to flow....and it's 20 degrees here.

As I said twice before, I think the law regarding the BB guns is stupid, idiotic. Sadly, it's the law and, like it or not, ignorance of the law is not a defense in any state in the union. I imagine that the people of New Jersey, should they ever get tired of ridiculous stories and incidents such as this, will be responsible for getting the laws changed...
...but apparently, no intent is an excuse.....for some people....

...but apparently, no intent is an excuse.....for some people....

If you have enough money and political clout...

NJ gun laws are working perfectly its a money making scheme. Guess how many people they nab on the interstate highways who are legal gun owners from other states just passing through NJ.

I am noit sure he is facing upto 15 years. According to what I have read he will face two 3rd degree felonies both of which due to the Graves Act he faces mandatory prison time. This is one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mandatory prison time is also stupid in almost any case as it takes all logic and extenuating circumstances out. What the fuck do we need a judge and their salary for if we are not going to let them use logic in sentancing.

I am noit sure he is facing upto 15 years. According to what I have read he will face two 3rd degree felonies both of which due to the Graves Act he faces mandatory prison time. This is one of the stupidest laws I have ever heard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mandatory prison time is also stupid in almost any case as it takes all logic and extenuating circumstances out. What the fuck do we need a judge and their salary for if we are not going to let them use logic in sentancing.
Thats what he said on the radio. Lawyer told him if he wanted to take a chance on a jury, the judge could make it 30. IDK

Forum List

Back