No Purple Hearts for Fort Hood Victims

The killings at Ft Hood where an act of

• terrorism

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • work place violence

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
How was this a terrorist act (in comparison to school shootings and mass shootings in places like chicago) and not some domestic issue
20 e-mails to Al-Awlaki...one where he says he can't wait to join him in the after-life is but one way the FBI tied him to terrorists.

:eusa_hand:

Ok that makes sense. But since this guy was military personnel, wouldn't his action be considered treason?

By that same logic, Al-Awlaki was an American citizen. Why wasn't he granted a trial?

:eusa_whistle:

How was this a terrorist act (in comparison to school shootings and mass shootings in places like chicago) and not some domestic issue

Hasan yelling Allahu Akbar had nothing to do with terrorism? You're a kook.

He yelled "Allahu Akbar" and how does THAT saying equate to it being a terrorist act? People in California die all the time by Gang Members telling someone "What set [neighborhood] are you from?"

I task you with the objective to demonstrate that please

Gang members??? What an absolutely idiotic response.

20 e-mails to Al-Awlaki...one where he says he can't wait to join him in the after-life is but one way the FBI tied him to terrorists.

:eusa_hand:

Ok that makes sense. But since this guy was military personnel, wouldn't his action be considered treason?

By that same logic, Al-Awlaki was an American citizen. Why wasn't he granted a trial?

:eusa_whistle:

Good question....However there is a fine line between calling his actions a terrorist act (Which I would be comfortable saying it was just as I would say a gang member who sprays into a crowded area of people and kills several victims), and mass shooting.

Last edited:
Hasan yelling Allahu Akbar had nothing to do with terrorism? You're a kook.

He yelled "Allahu Akbar" and how does THAT saying equate to it being a terrorist act? People in California die all the time by Gang Members telling someone "What set [neighborhood] are you from?"

Hortysir actually had the correct response but allow me to break it down for you.

I asked you how does him saying "Allahu Akbar" while in the act of shooting and killing people equate to him being a terrorist?

I then, made the statement that there are gang members here in California who do mass shootings and killings and while doing so, yell out who they are or where they come from or if they suspect if you're a rival will shoot you for telling them you come from such and such neighborhood.

In other words if saying Allahu Akbar while committing a crime labels one a terrorist, then that same logic ought to apply to everyone who commits a heinous act.

Hortysir actually had the correct response but allow me to break it down for you.

I asked you how does him saying "Allahu Akbar" while in the act of shooting and killing people equate to him being a terrorist?

I then, made the statement that there are gang members here in California who do mass shootings and killings and while doing so, yell out who they are or where they come from or if they suspect if you're a rival will shoot you for telling them you come from such and such neighborhood.

In other words if saying Allahu Akbar while committing a crime labels one a terrorist, then that same logic ought to apply to everyone who commits a heinous act.

Well I don't think you're ever going to hear someone shout out "Jesus Loves you" as they are gunning down people with firearms, so no... I don't think comparing Hasan's act of terrorism to California street gangs makes for a valid argument.

If the administration conveys the honor of Purple Hearts upon those shot and injured or murdered by the terrorist major, they can no longer claim that there have been no terrorist attacks on U.S. soil on Obama's watch. It's not about the truth, it's about legacy...

How pathetic is that, ignoring fallen Hero's to pump a few (and it was probably only a few) votes into the ballot box.

And don't fool yourself, any legacy will come with an asterisk. Ask Pete Rose how that's working for him!

Forum List

Back