No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

I have no problem with a vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
Don't you think what she said hurts Ivanka much as what Rosanne said hurts Jarrett?...

Nugent called Hillary the same thing, and he got invited to the WhiteHouse.

Correct, he did call her that in a magazine interview, with not a huge distribution, in 1994. He was wrong to use the term.

Roseanne used a slur on a twitter post meant only to go to her followers, again, she was wrong.

But when you look at that in perspective to Colbert and Bee doing so, and also implying homosexuality and incest as well as calling Ivanka Trump a CVNT on television, the two fail in comparison. And Bee's comments were vetted by the network as well and allowed to be shown to their audience, which makes it even worse.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
Roseanne's words were towards a certain race, yes, but what came from that other lady if you can call her one that is can be looked at as a slam towards the female gender no matter what their race is which is a bigger group of people...especially with males trying to get in on some of that action by dressing up to look like the opposite sex.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I agree.

What Bee said was vulgar...not racist.

Anyone who thinks that a racist comment is as bad as an insult (even the 'c' word) is clearly racist themselves.

Sexist comments are every bit as damaging to the Gender as Racist comments are to the race. Anyone thinks differently hates women.

See how that works?

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

You are full of Shit.....

Conservatives view all of life as a big stew that all things are thrown into. The complexity is too great so they attempt to reduce everything to either/or. Like a light switch. That simple.

liberals like to muddy the waters of the truth with Bull SHIT

Roseanne's words were towards a certain race, yes, but what came from that other lady if you can call her one that is can be looked at as a slam towards the female gender no matter what their race is which is a bigger group of people...especially with males trying to get in on some of that action by dressing up to look like the opposite sex.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

No, Roseanne's words were toward a particular person, the starkly evil Valarie Jarette.

Now I don't give a shit about Roseanne. I didn't watch her show in the 80's, and I didn't watch it now.

But I understand what happened. Prior to her first show, Roseanne was a stand up comedian. More importantly though, she was a leftist. She was groomed on the idea that there were no boundries, as indeed for leftists there are not.

What Roseanne failed to understand is the double standard, the fact that what is fine for the left is a capital crime if done by Americans.

Last edited:
How many of you weak minded insecure people would have not survived the 1950's?.....think about that for a minuet....we were tougher back then...we had thicker skin...we could laugh at ourselves...everyone today walks around with their dukes up ready to be insulted...like a bunch of school children...
Hey black America...Gay America...Latino America!!!!!! let us know when you get your sense of humor back...until then we will laugh among ourselves....and leave you all alone to boil on the back burner....
Stop the sensitivity and get your life moving forward...this is the time (a great economy) when people get wealthy if they stay focused and put the nonsense behind them....get on board the Trump train and get rich then you won't give a shit what anyone says....

This may be the dumbest post I've seen, with the dumbest link:

"Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights."

Here's a clue, belittling an entire race is NO DIFFERENT THAN BELITTLING AN ENTIRE GENDER.

If you make the claim that Roseanne belittled an entire race by insulting an individual, than it is equally true that SB belittled an entire Gender by insulting the individual.

Good lord the stupidity abounds in this one single post.
Libtards have a way of rationalizing their bad behavior.

I agree.

Anyone who thinks that a racist comment is as bad as an insult (even the 'c' word) is clearly racist themselves.

Sexist comments are every bit as damaging to the Gender as Racist comments are to the race. Anyone thinks differently hates women.

See how that works?

LOL

I see you need to learn what words mean.

School is in:

First Lesson: calling someone a body part (a c*** or a dick or as ass) is not - in and of itself - an insult.
Ivanka Trump has a vagina (a c***). So the insult is only as deep as the person receiving it wishes to interpret it. Someone calls me a dick - means nothing to me. I have a dick - so why should I take it personally? I know women who take being called a c*** VERY personally and others could care less.
However, comparing an African American to a monkey means to compare a human to a lower form of life. That is a TOTALLY different kind of statement. That is a deliberate attempt to dehumanize a human being.
If you cannot see the difference between calling someone a body part that they possess (Ivanka Trump does possess a 'c***') or deliberately dehumanizing a human - then you probably are mega-stupid. Or at the very least, mega-ignorant.

Second Lesson: 'Hate' is an emotion. Racism is a belief.
You do not know me personally - so you have not the foggiest idea what I do or do not hate unless I state as such. I do not hate either women or Ivanka Trump (or any human for that matter). And since you cannot know what I feel, you cannot (accurately) factually state whom I do or do not hate.
I.E. your statement that I 'hate' women is both baseless and ridiculous.
Racism is different. One does not have to know what someone feels to know someone is racist. If I compare African American's to monkeys...at the very least, I just made a racist statement. And it is highly likely that someone who would make such a statement IS a racist.

School is out.

I have little doubt that most of it went completely over your head, but hey...I tried.

Have a wonderful day.

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

First Lesson: calling someone a body part (a c*** or a dick or as ass) is not - in and of itself - an insult.
Ivanka Trump has a vagina (a c***). So the insult is only as deep as the person receiving it wishes to interpret it. Someone calls me a dick - means nothing to me. I have a dick - so why should I take it personally? I know women who take being called a **** VERY personally and others could care less.
However, comparing an African American to a monkey means to compare a human to a lower form of life. That is a TOTALLY different kind of statement. That is a deliberate attempt to dehumanize a human being.
If you cannot see the difference between calling someone a body part that they possess (Ivanka Trump does possess a 'c***') or deliberately dehumanizing a human - then you probably are mega-stupid. Or at the very least, mega-ignorant.

You do not know me personally - so you have not the foggiest idea what I do or do not hate unless I state as such. I do not hate either women or Ivanka Trump (or any human for that matter). And since you cannot know what I feel, you cannot (accurately) factually state whom I do or do not hate.
Racism is different. One does not have to know what someone feels to know someone is racist. If I compare African American's to monkeys...at the very least, I just made a racist statement. And it is highly likely that someone whop would make such a statement IS a racist.

School is out.

I have little doubt that most of it went completely over your head, but hey...I tried.

Have a wonderful day.

Hate is an emotion and obviously you hate women.

Pop23 just got an A+ and will be teaching the remainder of the School year.

This may be the dumbest post I've seen, with the dumbest link:

"Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights."

Here's a clue, belittling an entire race is NO DIFFERENT THAN BELITTLING AN ENTIRE GENDER.

If you make the claim that Roseanne belittled an entire race by insulting an individual, than it is equally true that SB belittled an entire Gender by insulting the individual.

Good lord the stupidity abounds in this one single post.
Libtards have a way of rationalizing their bad behavior.

See McRockets failed attempt to do so in post #150.

Good call on your part.

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

Ivanka Trump has a vagina (a c***). So the insult is only as deep as the person receiving it wishes to interpret it. Someone calls me a dick - means nothing to me. I have a dick - so why should I take it personally? I know women who take being called a c*** VERY personally and others could care less.

Racism is different. One does not have to know what someone feels to know someone is racist. If I compare African American's to monkeys...at the very least, I just made a racist statement. And it is highly likely that someone whop would make such a statement IS a racist.

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

Oh look, a Communist who is a reeking hypocrite.

How unique.

Say Comrade, Joy Reid posted hundreds of Homophobic rants.

No doubt she was fired and her show cancelled, right?

I mean, you Bolsheviks don't have differing standards, do you? :eek:

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

Ivanka Trump has a vagina (a c***). So the insult is only as deep as the person receiving it wishes to interpret it. Someone calls me a dick - means nothing to me. I have a dick - so why should I take it personally? I know women who take being called a **** VERY personally and others could care less.

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

I was right...it did go right over your head.

What a shock...not.

You have nothing....you could prove NOTHING that I said was wrong. So you ignored the whole thing and just made some silly, emotional, factless response.

Typical low-IQ Trumpbot.

You are clearly nothing but a racist, low IQ troll. And I try not to waste time on trolls...especially low IQ one's (mine is 125, BTW).

So we are done here and I shall not read any further replies to me from you on this subject.

But I assume that you have such a galactic ego, that you will leave a reply - even though I will not read it.

Such is the mind of a troll.

Sad.

Have a wonderful day.

Last edited:

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

How unique.

LOL...and what exactly did I say in my comments that makes me a Communist (this should be good for a laugh)?

Last edited:

I detest that "c" word and she never should have used it in a public forum, but you're right--apples and oranges. Same with Trump's crabbing about this. Roseanne was fired for RACIST comments. What we say about Trump is earned by the man himself, not a stereotype because he's white.
Roseanne was fired because she was a Trump supporter., plain and simple.
Anyone who says otherwise is in denial.

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

What a shock...not.

You are clearly nothing but a racist, low IQ troll. And I try not to waste time on trolls...especially low IQ one's (mine is 125, BTW).

So we are done here and I shall not read any further replies to me from you on this subject.

But I assume that you have such a galactic ego, that you will leave a reply - even though I will not read it.

Sad.

Have a wonderful day.

^^^^^ Dude got his ass kicked and now he's crying in his closet. Sorry I had to ruin your day buttercup, but it is what I do after all.

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

How unique.

LOL...and what exactly did I say in my comments that makes me a hypocrite (this should be good for a laugh)?

If you can't read your own post that puts it in pretty clear detail, your IQ is likely the same as your show size.

I agree.

See how that works?

LOL

School is in:

School is out.

Have a wonderful day.

What a shock...not.

Sad.

Have a wonderful day.

^^^^^ Dude got his ass kicked and now he's crying in his closet. Sorry I had to ruin your day buttercup, but it is what I do after all.

LOL...can I read these low-IQ trolls or can I read them (rhetorical question)?

Just as I predicted....I told him I would not read his reply (and I didn't). Yet the troll cannot help themselves...they are DESPERATE for attention. So he replied anyway.

LOL.

What a sad bunch these trolls are.

Oh well...

Forum List

Back