No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
I detest that "c" word and she never should have used it in a public forum, but you're right--apples and oranges. Same with Trump's crabbing about this. Roseanne was fired for RACIST comments. What we say about Trump is earned by the man himself, not a stereotype because he's white.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

Yeah, cuz Communists aren't held to the standards meant for the hated Americans.

Fucking hypocrites.

I detest that "c" word and she never should have used it in a public forum, but you're right--apples and oranges. Same with Trump's crabbing about this. Roseanne was fired for RACIST comments. What we say about Trump is earned by the man himself, not a stereotype because he's white.

IMO, OldLady is looking more Marxist Authoritarian than liberal these days.

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

That's different.

Rules are only meant to oppress the Americans. Communists are immune from them.

Da Comrade.

GLORIOUS peoples representative is not to be held to standards meant only for the enemy, the Americans....

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?
Of course...it was very insulting to chimps and orangutans.

Explain why.

Explain why.

The way you're towing their party line. Real liberals are just against "the man". Marxist Authoritarians are for a Communist man.

This may be the dumbest post I've seen, with the dumbest link:

"Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights."

Here's a clue, belittling an entire race is NO DIFFERENT THAN BELITTLING AN ENTIRE GENDER.

If you make the claim that Roseanne belittled an entire race by insulting an individual, than it is equally true that SB belittled an entire Gender by insulting the individual.

Good lord the stupidity abounds in this one single post.

I have no problem with a vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
Don't you think what she said hurts Ivanka much as what Rosanne said hurts Jarrett?...

Nugent called Hillary the same thing, and he got invited to the WhiteHouse.

Letterman and Maher both called Sarah Palin the same.

But what of Communist darling Joy Reid, how do you defend her? Explain how her homophobic rants differ from Rosanne? Other than the obvious fact that the left is under totally different rules than the Americans are?.

Nugent called Hillary the same thing, and he got invited to the WhiteHouse.
Well that was Hillary...she has invited that kind of hit....

Oh, that explains a lot.

Part of the issue with Comrade Bee is that she aimed her vitriol at a woman holding a baby.

Look, the Communists are gutter scum, so it's expected that a little Goebbels like this will spew raw sewage from it's maw.

What is REALLY at issue is why we should put up with the REEKING hypocrisy of the double standard by the Communist media?

Bee attacked another woman b/c she doesn't share that woman's politics.
That's fucking sick.
Anyway Bee just lost another 50K Independant voters who might have voted for a DEM.
Thanks Bee. You're doing a wonderful job helping the DEMs lose the Midterms/2020.

I agree.

What Bee said was vulgar...not racist.

Anyone who thinks that a racist comment is as bad as an insult (even the 'c' word) is clearly racist themselves.

Forum List

Back