No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

Two has been comics saying shit to stay in spotlight and self appointed moral police running in circles like kittens drawn to a laser light.

Celebrities are idiots with no special awareness to anything outside their little bubble of existence.
:gives:

These "celebrities" talk like 8th graders at lunch to the entire world, and a "major" media outlet calls it news.

Why anyone think that entertainers and professional athletes are some people of importance?

If some asshole called my wife a kunt I would probably kick their ass.

If someone suggested that my wife looked like a character from a Science Fiction movie I would simply laugh.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.
No, it's not. What Samantha Bee said AND IMPLIED on television was FAR worse. Telling someone they resemble a primate doesn't even register.

It should be noted that Bee's show is taped, with the content reviewed and edits. To air it, it has to be approved by TBS, so if you're looking for someone to blame, than blame the TBS.

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

And we know that is hidden racism in plain site

It isn't offensive to call whites chimps and apes...No offense is taken by white people,,,,blacks will burn down your city for doing the same.

So you saying to us whites are civil decent human beings and blacks are animals ???

More racism coming from you.

One group of people won't accept it and demands better. We must make them feel welcome as they're Americans.

This group has a history of being mistreated and it is understandable why they feel this way.

There's a reason why we do what we do.

To make sure their oppression never ends?

Vulgarity needs to make a comeback and be universally applied to all women. Reduce them to the smell of their mucus membranes.

If some asshole called my wife a kunt I would probably kick their ass.

If someone suggested that my wife looked like a character from a Science Fiction movie I would simply laugh.

There is nothing more offensive to a woman than calling her a ****. All of this bullshit about women supposed to be supporting women from the left o the “war on women” and the Left’s response, “Well, Roseanne...”

assaulting them is worst. yet you probably support Trump.

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? How many women have come forward saying that Trump assaulted them or abused his power to force them to have sex with them? How many women said Trump bit their lip, dropped his pants in front of them, groped them, or flat out raped them? I did not vote for Trump..... I voted against Hillary who stood by idle and let her husband assault women.

Trump admitted it and no I didn't vote for Bill Clinton, I did vote for Hillary though. Bill Clinton didn't assault anyone.

Just think, it was only a few years ago that women were supposed to support one another in some kind of strange sisterhood.

Glad that's over and we can call these leftist women out as the c***s they are. Now, let's get started on their daughters.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

Well I do have a problem with hatred like this.
Roseanne made a living making wise-cracks, and you liberals proved once again that you have zero sense of humor.

Valerie Jarrett showed us that she can't take a joke any better than your average radical Muslim. The fact that she doesn't even look black, yet the left couldn't resist the urge to remove a popular sitcom from the air seems alright to Democrats, probably because their ideas rarely appeal to decent Americans.

Well I do have a problem with hatred like this.
Roseanne made a living making wise-cracks, and you liberals proved once again that you have zero sense of humor.

Valerie Jarrett showed us that she can't take a joke any better than your average radical Muslim. The fact that she doesn't even look black y

Apparently so does Bee, and no Jarrett didn't even get upset about it.

Forum List

Back