No, Samantha Bee's vulgarity isn't equivalent to Roseanne Barr's racism

Ol Jessica is full of praisethelordandfuckyouall, dontcha know. :D
Socks tend to be that way when they they try to be controversial to get a reaction from the board.

Will how do you feel about Rosanne making a joke of the NA. She has been a loud mouth for years, just like Joan Rivers, some jews think they are above the law, like Ivanka now, well she always has felt superior.

I wonder when Trump is going to pardon Jared's daddy.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

This is not one of those cases.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

I have no problem with vulgarity but do have a problem with racism.

Samantha Bee's comment was just as bad if not far worse. It's an absolutely disgusting term to describe women and it was premeditated. It's bigotry at it's worse. The fact that you find this OK speaks volumes about you as a person and anyone who agrees with you.

I have NEVER watched Ms. Bee.

From the promotional ads on TV, however, she seems to be one of those obnoxious liberals that are really full of themselves.

As an objective moderate, however, I agree with the OP that Ms. Bee's use of the C-word is not so bad as what Roseanne said about a former government official.

In 2018, saying something vulgar, rude, or crude about women/men is still something that people will forgive you for, if your apology is sufficiently humble.

Saying something vulgar, rude, or crude about ethnicities is, on the other hand, absolutely taboo. Doing so will utterly destroy your life.

Being foul-mouthed is not the same as a white person calling a black person an ape, or a Jewish Holocaust survivor a Nazi.

It’s sad that I need to explain this, but being racist and spreading anti-Semitic propaganda is worse. Much, much worse.

Why? Because Barr’s comments belittle an entire race of people and help spread paranoid fear of a Jewish global order. Dehumanizing entire groups of people as such puts them in danger of violent reprisal, and helps to justify the stripping of their civil rights.

There is no such inherent threat in Bee's vulgarity. Rather, equating crudeness with Roseanne's outlandish tweets normalizes racism and anti-Semitism.

That the White House would issue a full-throated condemnation of Bee while the president offered a dog-whistling defense of Barr speaks volumes.

Liberals have no problem turning on their own when they deserve it. See Kathy Griffin, Al Franken, Aziz Anzari, Lena Dunham … the list goes on.

Besides, if conservatives genuinely think dropping the C-bomb on TV is a firable offense — and they aren’t just culture war trolling — there’s a big fat target for their ire sitting in the White House.

Samantha Bee's comment was just as bad if not far worse. It's an absolutely disgusting term to describe women and it was premeditated. It's bigotry at it's worse. The fact that you find this OK speaks volumes about you as a person and anyone who agrees with you.

And you don't think Rosanne's was.

I have NEVER watched Ms. Bee.

From the promotional ads on TV, however, she seems to be one of those obnoxious liberals that are really full of themselves.

As an objective moderate, however, I agree with the OP that Ms. Bee's use of the C-word is not so bad as what Roseanne said about a former government official.

In 2018, saying something vulgar, rude, or crude about women/men is still something that people will forgive you for, if your apology is sufficiently humble.

Saying something vulgar, rude, or crude about ethnicities is, on the other hand, absolutely taboo. Doing so will utterly destroy your life.

Me too, don't even know who she is, and I do agree with you.

And you don't think Rosanne's was.

I'm simply saying the C-word is just as bad, and worse if premeditated. Rosanne's was awful of course, but it wasn't written into a script, rehearsed and said on national TV while others laughed.

"Why aren’t they firing no talent Samantha Bee for the horrible language used on her low ratings show? A total double standard but that’s O.K., we are Winning, and will be doing so for a long time to come!" - President Trump

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

Of course not... Do not be silly because bigotry and racism and sexism in the eyes of the left is seen through a blind partisan eyes...

"Why aren’t they firing no talent Samantha Bee for the horrible language used on her low ratings show? A total double standard but that’s O.K., we are Winning, and will be doing so for a long time to come!" - President Trump

No you are losing, wake up.

I am watching Van Jones on CNN deciding who should lose their jobs and who should not.

Then ewe will take exception to Bush being compared to a Chimp and Trump an orangutan right?

Of course not... Do not be silly because bigotry and racism and sexism in the eyes of the left is seen through a blind partisan eyes...

I'd like to know what the hell Ivanka is doing as well. Fake boobs do not impress me. What is she doing about the parents and kids being split up. What the hell is the **** doing. Getting rich, using sweatshops, doing pay for play on steroids, getting made up daily, the make up must be an inch thich, what is she doing, getting massages, swimming, traveling on our dime, what is she doing. Nothing but filling her pockets with her jew husband.

There is nothing more offensive to a woman than calling her a ****. All of this bullshit about women supposed to be supporting women from the left o the “war on women” and the Left’s response, “Well, Roseanne...”

There is nothing more offensive to a woman than calling her a ****. All of this bullshit about women supposed to be supporting women from the left o the “war on women” and the Left’s response, “Well, Roseanne...”

assaulting them is worst. yet you probably support Trump.

Wow. I never realized Liberals were OK with calling a woman the C-word, on national TV while the audience laughed. Good to know who we're dealing with.

And we know that is hidden racism in plain site

It isn't offensive to call whites chimps and apes...No offense is taken by white people,,,,blacks will burn down your city for doing the same.

Look at the idiot white girl assuming blacks will commit violence due to being called names..

Talk about soft racism......

Did you vote for Bill Clinton? How many women have come forward saying that Trump assaulted them or abused his power to force them to have sex with them? How many women said Trump bit their lip, dropped his pants in front of them, groped them, or flat out raped them? I did not vote for Trump..... I voted against Hillary who stood by idle and let her husband assault women.

Just as every other leftist, you have problem with racism only if/when comes from the right.

No you are losing, wake up.

we're the president of the united states, we have majorities in the house and senate, we're winning!

Samantha Bee is a Canadian wetback. Who in their right mind would listen to her stupid hate ramblings?

However, it is hilarious to see the hypocrisy of the Liberals in not firing her because of her vicious hate.

I have no problem with either of them. Satire......

I fucking hate liberals. Especially unfunny cunnnts like samantha beeeeeeee.

I also have no problem with someone saying that black woman looking like a character from planet of the apes. Cause she does, and that is funny as shit.

What I do have a problem is virtue signaling hypocrites on the left.

I FUCKING HATE THEM.

Virtue signaling hypocrites huh?

So you hate them huh?

Seems to me the opposite is a vice signaling hypocrite. What are you willing to do to show you are serious?

:abgg2q.jpg:

Forum List

Back