No school for soldiers

Don't a lot of these guys have a contract as part of their original enlistment that provides for educational assistance? Did obama just breach millions of contracts?

obama said that he goal was to cause the maximum pain on the people, then blame republicans for it.

Illegal aliens won't feel that pain. They still get tuition assistance while they wait for their amnesty and more government programs.

Of course illegals will get everything they want. The military is composed of people already here, the illegals are their replacements.

Since when do the taxpayers have to foot the bill for government employees to go to college? In the private sector, we have to pay for our own education.

Since when do the taxpayers have to foot the bill for government employees to go to college? In the private sector, we have to pay for our own education.

Really?? My employer gives tuition reimbursement as an employment incentive...

The taxpayers are already paying for Presidential entertainment activities (and have for a while).. because it is an employment incentive/benefit... less palatable than tuition assistance during employment

Or stop doing pointless studies. Does it really matter to the people why lesbians tend to be overweight? (is that even true?) Yet we are spending quite alot of money on that study.

But no, the first thing that has to go is tuition assistance? Does Obama really think people are going to blame Republicans when he controls what is cut?

We also pay for the rent and mortgage for government employees in the DoD.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

obama said that he goal was to cause the maximum pain on the people, then blame republicans for it.

Really? And where exactly did he say that? Link?

Lies and Maximum Pain: Obama's Strategy for Winning the Sequester Debate

Among the tactics apparently used by at least part of the Obama administration is to make the public as annoyed with the results of the sequester cuts as possible, if a leaked e-mail message from the Department of Agriculture is to be believed. Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown told his department's employees, in an internal e-mail obtained by the Washington Times, that “We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

Obama using sequester ?to inflict maximum pain? on Americans for political gain - National Government | Examiner.com

The big sequester gamble: How badly will the cuts hurt? - Washington Post

“The good news is, the world doesn’t end March 2. The bad news is, the world doesn’t end March 2,” said Emily Holubowich, a Washington health-care lobbyist who leads a coalition of 3,000 nonprofit groups fighting the cuts. “The worst-case scenario for us is the sequester hits and nothing bad really happens. And Republicans say: See, that wasn’t so bad.”

Where do you get your "facts," assbrain? Out of your ass?

Don't a lot of these guys have a contract as part of their original enlistment that provides for educational assistance? Did obama just breach millions of contracts?

No

There is nothing in enlistment contracts that provides for tuition assistance.

Horse shit... I had it in my enlistment contract

No you didn't.

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

Really? And where exactly did he say that? Link?

Lies and Maximum Pain: Obama's Strategy for Winning the Sequester Debate

Among the tactics apparently used by at least part of the Obama administration is to make the public as annoyed with the results of the sequester cuts as possible, if a leaked e-mail message from the Department of Agriculture is to be believed. Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service official Charles Brown told his department's employees, in an internal e-mail obtained by the Washington Times, that “We have gone on record with a notification to Congress and whoever else that ‘APHIS would eliminate assistance to producers in 24 states in managing wildlife damage to the aquaculture industry, unless they provide funding to cover the costs.’ So it is our opinion that however you manage that reduction, you need to make sure you are not contradicting what we said the impact would be.”

Obama using sequester ?to inflict maximum pain? on Americans for political gain - National Government | Examiner.com

The big sequester gamble: How badly will the cuts hurt? - Washington Post

“The good news is, the world doesn’t end March 2. The bad news is, the world doesn’t end March 2,” said Emily Holubowich, a Washington health-care lobbyist who leads a coalition of 3,000 nonprofit groups fighting the cuts. “The worst-case scenario for us is the sequester hits and nothing bad really happens. And Republicans say: See, that wasn’t so bad.”

Lots of rightwing blogs, still no quotes to back up your earlier statement.

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

Nope. Im just pointing out hypocrisy of moron right wingers.......since forcing citizens to pay for the housing of "troops amongst us", meaning living quarters outside of traditional barracks in the general population, was one of the root causes the original American Revolution focused on, and the foundation of the 3rd Amendment (Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The original Founders feared that having troops "living amongst us" would invite tyrranny and oppression, and that the common citizen should NOT be forced to pay for that housing, or forced to allow their own homes to be used for housing troops.

Well, we the taxpayer are now being forced to pay to house troops amongst us, even in peace time. This seems to violate the Constitution.

I'd think a true, pure Tea Party Constitutionalist would want to abide by that glorious document, right?

As for 13K, sure, it should be more. Soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers.....all government employees, all do a critical job to our society, and all deserve more pay. My comments about military pay/benefits are in part sarcasm to mock the right wingers who bitch and moan about government employees pay/benefits.

No

You sure? I had the GI bill when I was in. I thought it was replaced with something similar for today's service people.

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

It's called the GI Bill - you stupid fuck.

And Obama is pissing all over it and active duty/vets who served this country honorably.

You claim to be serving, but you come across like an uneducated, pole-smoking Libberhoid panty waste.

Put your mouth back on Obama's nuts where it belongs.

No

You sure? I had the GI bill when I was in. I thought it was replaced with something similar for today's service people.

Post 9/11 GI Bill is what's being pissed on by Obama ...

Let me help out the (Ahem) "career counselor" -

My Story: True Stories of Post-9/11 GI Bill Recipients

Where do you get your "facts," assbrain? Out of your ass?

So you're saying we DONT pay for off base housing for military folks? Or their food on base and on deployment? Or their education through the GI bill and tuition assistance? Surely you aren't gonna say that none of that happens? The local Air Force and Navy base here in Charleston has thousands of good folks who live in apartments throughout the area. They all get 700-900 a month of taxpayer dollars to pay for their apartment.

Yep. Thats right. YOU the taxpayer are paying the rent for government employees apartments. Feels good, doesnt it!!!???

No

Horse shit... I had it in my enlistment contract

No you didn't.

Bullshit... it was as much in my enlistment contract as the GI Bill, ACF, and Air Assault training..

GI BILL CAN BE USED WHILE ON ACTIVE DUTY... it is referred to as the active duty GI bill and you contribute to it with your GI bill contribution

You are flat out and completely WRONG

Forum List

Back