No school for soldiers

We also pay for the rent and mortgage for government employees in the DoD.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Where do you get your "facts," assbrain? Out of your ass?

So you're saying we DONT pay for off base housing for military folks? Or their food on base and on deployment? Or their education through the GI bill and tuition assistance? Surely you aren't gonna say that none of that happens? The local Air Force and Navy base here in Charleston has thousands of good folks who live in apartments throughout the area. They all get 700-900 a month of taxpayer dollars to pay for their apartment.

Yep. Thats right. YOU the taxpayer are paying the rent for government employees apartments. Feels good, doesnt it!!!???

Yep... more than it does to give handouts for nothing to the lazy

If service members don't get a degree while in the service they add to that 7.7 figure, in disproportionate numbers by the way. If it is asking too much for this country to provide something to help service members after they get out perhaps it is too much to ask for them to take a round while they're in.

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

It's called the GI Bill - you stupid fuck.

And Obama is pissing all over it and active duty/vets who served this country honorably.

You claim to be serving, but you come across like an uneducated, pole-smoking Libberhoid panty waste.

Put your mouth back on Obama's nuts where it belongs.

But what if we are just broke? We the taxpayers just cant afford the perks and benefits like that for government employees anymore. Thats what the Tea Party at all levels has said, and hey, maybe it's true.

Instead of paying for all the apartments off base, maybe they need to just build some big cement barracks, 3-4 govt employees to a room, and keep 'em on base. That 700-900 per person for off base apartments is just too much for the already broke taxpayers. Right?

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

It's called the GI Bill - you stupid fuck.

And Obama is pissing all over it and active duty/vets who served this country honorably.

You claim to be serving, but you come across like an uneducated, pole-smoking Libberhoid panty waste.

Put your mouth back on Obama's nuts where it belongs.

You are right.

What the Recruiter Never Told You -- Part 4, Enlistment Contracts and Enlistment Incentives

someone correct me if i'm wrong but i believe the tuition assistance that's cut is not the gi bill.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

Nope. Im just pointing out hypocrisy of moron right wingers.......since forcing citizens to pay for the housing of "troops amongst us", meaning living quarters outside of traditional barracks in the general population, was one of the root causes the original American Revolution focused on, and the foundation of the 3rd Amendment (Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The original Founders feared that having troops "living amongst us" would invite tyrranny and oppression, and that the common citizen should NOT be forced to pay for that housing, or forced to allow their own homes to be used for housing troops.

Well, we the taxpayer are now being forced to pay to house troops amongst us, even in peace time. This seems to violate the Constitution.

I'd think a true, pure Tea Party Constitutionalist would want to abide by that glorious document, right?

As for 13K, sure, it should be more. Soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers.....all government employees, all do a critical job to our society, and all deserve more pay. My comments about military pay/benefits are in part sarcasm to mock the right wingers who bitch and moan about government employees pay/benefits.

My god you don't even understand the 3rd amendment?? are you that dense?? Is someone taking over your domicile and using it for military housing???

You are a complete idiot

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

Nope. Im just pointing out hypocrisy of moron right wingers.......since forcing citizens to pay for the housing of "troops amongst us", meaning living quarters outside of traditional barracks in the general population, was one of the root causes the original American Revolution focused on, and the foundation of the 3rd Amendment (Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The original Founders feared that having troops "living amongst us" would invite tyrranny and oppression, and that the common citizen should NOT be forced to pay for that housing, or forced to allow their own homes to be used for housing troops.

Well, we the taxpayer are now being forced to pay to house troops amongst us, even in peace time. This seems to violate the Constitution.

I'd think a true, pure Tea Party Constitutionalist would want to abide by that glorious document, right?

As for 13K, sure, it should be more. Soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers.....all government employees, all do a critical job to our society, and all deserve more pay. My comments about military pay/benefits are in part sarcasm to mock the right wingers who bitch and moan about government employees pay/benefits.

The military isn't paying anyone's mortgage to live in the "general population" with skirt-wearing pussies like you. If military housing on-base is unavailable, servicemen receive a housing "Allowance." When I lived in Japan, for example - I received a portion of the rent out in town - but had to pay the rest myself. And back in those days, when the exchange rate was 70 - it was very difficult/expensive.

You'll find out what I mean when you're drafted, pole-smoker.

Enjoy your tours of duty. I'd brush up on your Arabic.

Don't a lot of these guys have a contract as part of their original enlistment that provides for educational assistance? Did obama just breach millions of contracts?

No

There is nothing in enlistment contracts that provides for tuition assistance.

You sure? I had the GI bill when I was in. I thought it was replaced with something similar for today's service people.

This has nothing to do with the GI Bill or the current Post 9/11 GI Bill.

Those have not been affected by these sequestration cuts.

This cut is to tuition assistance, which has never been guarenteed in a contract.

* And for the record, I've been writing enlisted reenlistment contracts for 14 years now.

Just to clarify, this is not GI bill benefits. Those are not effected by this.

thank you. i thought this was the case but i didn't really read much into the email i received about it.

the good news though is at least in missouri state tuition assistance is still available to guard soldiers.

So no more TA for the Military....

Our men and women will be getting out in droves.

Only way to fill those vacancies and fight all these wars is a DRAFT, 18-24 year olds for starters. I'm writing my Congressman (Conservative Republican) and suggest that to him. He's on the Armed Services Committee....

The military isn't paying anyone's mortgage to live in the "general population" with skirt-wearing pussies like you. If military housing on-base is unavailable, servicemen receive a housing "Allowance." When I lived in Japan, for example - I received a portion of the rent out in town - but had to pay the rest myself. And back in those days, when the exchange rate was 70 - it was very difficult/expensive.

You'll find out what I mean when you're drafted, pole-smoker.

Enjoy your tours of duty. I'd brush up on your Arabic.

He'd be better of learning Pashtun, since he will be serving in Afghanistan.

Don't a lot of these guys have a contract as part of their original enlistment that provides for educational assistance? Did obama just breach millions of contracts?

You're thinking of the GI Bill (in it's current form) which is different then active duty tuition assistance.

And no, the GI Bill is not part of an enlistment contract, which is a DD Form 4 which contains the following provision:

"b. Laws and regulations that govern military personnel may
change without notice to me. Such changes may affect my status,
pay, allowances, benefits, and responsibilities as a member of the
Armed Forces REGARDLESS of the provisions of this enlistment/
reenlistment document."​

So while I think that cutting TA to enlisted members trying to better themselves, it is not a contracted item.

>>>>

Last edited:
Welcome to the GI Bill Web Site | The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
You may be an eligible veteran if you have an Honorable Discharge, AND you have a High School Diploma or GED or in some cases 12 hours of college credit, AND you meet the requirements of one of the categories below:

Last I knew it was rather hard to get an Honorable Discharge while on active duty.

What makes you say that? getting an Honorable is pretty standard unless you fuck up.

So no more TA for the Military....

Our men and women will be getting out in droves.

Only way to fill those vacancies and fight all these wars is a DRAFT, 18-24 year olds for starters. I'm writing my Congressman (Conservative Republican) and suggest that to him. He's on the Armed Services Committee....

The college thing was a big thing to attract people, now that it is gone it will be a really hard sell to get people to join and suit up.

Since when do the taxpayers have to foot the bill for government employees to go to college? In the private sector, we have to pay for our own education.

Many private employers will help pay for continuing education. I worked for Canon for a number of years after retiring from the military and we had a college tuition reimbursement program for people seeking job related degrees.

>>>>

Welcome to the GI Bill Web Site | The Home for All Educational Benefits Provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs
You may be an eligible veteran if you have an Honorable Discharge, AND you have a High School Diploma or GED or in some cases 12 hours of college credit, AND you meet the requirements of one of the categories below:

Last I knew it was rather hard to get an Honorable Discharge while on active duty.

What makes you say that? getting an Honorable is pretty standard unless you fuck up.

I got an Honorable Discharge if that tell you anything. :D I did not get that until November 1, 1993 though.

So no more TA for the Military but illegals still get free college and benefits in places like California? this makes me sick.
This is called "Freedom".

This is why American Soldier die in War, so Mexicans and other Illegal Aliens can get free school!

Well, that and $100 Billion in Heroin Trade from Afghanistan.

Any American against this is Racist and need Re-Education.

Forum List

Back