No school for soldiers

We also pay for the rent and mortgage for government employees in the DoD.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Civilian employees don't have their rent and mortgage paid for by the government. Active duty members do receive allowances for quarters. The reason is that is one justification for having lower base pay. When the individual retires they receive a percentage of their base pay as retirement. Those allowances are not included in that calculation.

Take away the allowances and members base pay would have to be increased, that means higher retirement checks for military personnel.

>>>>

Horse shit... I had it in my enlistment contract

No you didn't.

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

Bullshit... it was as much in my enlistment contract as the GI Bill, ACF, and Air Assault training..

GI BILL CAN BE USED WHILE ON ACTIVE DUTY... it is referred to as the active duty GI bill and you contribute to it with your GI bill contribution

You are flat out and completely WRONG

This act cut TA, it had nothing to do with the GI Bill, idiot.

Don't a lot of these guys have a contract as part of their original enlistment that provides for educational assistance? Did obama just breach millions of contracts?

No

There is nothing in enlistment contracts that provides for tuition assistance.

Horse shit... I had it in my enlistment contract

You may have had a rider for the GI Bill, not for Tuition Assistance. Two different programs. During my years we had the Montgomery GI Bill and I still used TA during active duty saving my GI Bill for later.

>>>>

Many private employers will help pay for continuing education. I worked for Canon for a number of years after retiring from the military and we had a college tuition reimbursement program for people seeking job related degrees.

>>>>

You are correct - my company, ATT, Geico, Halliburton - to name a few.

Since when do the taxpayers have to foot the bill for government employees to go to college? In the private sector, we have to pay for our own education.

Many private employers will help pay for continuing education. I worked for Canon for a number of years after retiring from the military and we had a college tuition reimbursement program for people seeking job related degrees.

>>>>

Not true. Many employers worry that if they get an employee a degree they will go out and get a better job.

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

Nope. Im just pointing out hypocrisy of moron right wingers.......since forcing citizens to pay for the housing of "troops amongst us", meaning living quarters outside of traditional barracks in the general population, was one of the root causes the original American Revolution focused on, and the foundation of the 3rd Amendment (Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The original Founders feared that having troops "living amongst us" would invite tyrranny and oppression, and that the common citizen should NOT be forced to pay for that housing, or forced to allow their own homes to be used for housing troops.

Well, we the taxpayer are now being forced to pay to house troops amongst us, even in peace time. This seems to violate the Constitution.

I'd think a true, pure Tea Party Constitutionalist would want to abide by that glorious document, right?

As for 13K, sure, it should be more. Soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers.....all government employees, all do a critical job to our society, and all deserve more pay. My comments about military pay/benefits are in part sarcasm to mock the right wingers who bitch and moan about government employees pay/benefits.

The military isn't paying anyone's mortgage to live in the "general population" with skirt-wearing pussies like you. If military housing on-base is unavailable, servicemen receive a housing "Allowance." When I lived in Japan, for example - I received a portion of the rent out in town - but had to pay the rest myself. And back in those days, when the exchange rate was 70 - it was very difficult/expensive.

You'll find out what I mean when you're drafted, pole-smoker.

Enjoy your tours of duty. I'd brush up on your Arabic.

I own two houses now, thanks to BAH.

You must not have budgeted your money well.

So no more TA for the Military....

Our men and women will be getting out in droves.

Only way to fill those vacancies and fight all these wars is a DRAFT, 18-24 year olds for starters. I'm writing my Congressman (Conservative Republican) and suggest that to him. He's on the Armed Services Committee....

The military is way overstrength right now.

We're putting Soldiers out through tools like QMP and QRS.

We want them getting out.

Of course rightwing idiots like yourself claimed they'd be getting out in droves when DADT was repealed and that never happened either, so there's that. :lol:

No you didn't.

If you were in the Army, you might have been guarenteed the college incentive, but there was never any guarentee in there that the military would pay for your schooling with TA.

Bullshit... it was as much in my enlistment contract as the GI Bill, ACF, and Air Assault training..

GI BILL CAN BE USED WHILE ON ACTIVE DUTY... it is referred to as the active duty GI bill and you contribute to it with your GI bill contribution

I got an eduction 'bonus', I forget what it was called. It was only valid for one term. I called it the 'go to school or get a new truck'. Basically get out and go to school or stay in and sign up for truck payments.

Of course rightwing idiots like yourself claimed they'd be getting out in droves when DADT was repealed and that never happened either, so there's that. :lol:

So you're in favor of cutting tuition assistance, but you're good to go with sucking another soldier's dick.

Got it. Thanks.

We also pay for the rent and mortgage for government employees in the DoD.

Since when do we the taxpayers have to foot the bill for the housing, food, education of government employees???? In the private sector, we would never get such sweetheart deals.

Yep.. I would have rather had higher pay than 13K a year and given up barracks living... you willing to start paying the higher salary for the permanent party soldier then?? Well, minus the combat deployments, training deployments, etc

Nope. Im just pointing out hypocrisy of moron right wingers.......since forcing citizens to pay for the housing of "troops amongst us", meaning living quarters outside of traditional barracks in the general population, was one of the root causes the original American Revolution focused on, and the foundation of the 3rd Amendment (Third Amendment to the United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). The original Founders feared that having troops "living amongst us" would invite tyrranny and oppression, and that the common citizen should NOT be forced to pay for that housing, or forced to allow their own homes to be used for housing troops.

Well, we the taxpayer are now being forced to pay to house troops amongst us, even in peace time. This seems to violate the Constitution.

I'd think a true, pure Tea Party Constitutionalist would want to abide by that glorious document, right?

As for 13K, sure, it should be more. Soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers.....all government employees, all do a critical job to our society, and all deserve more pay. My comments about military pay/benefits are in part sarcasm to mock the right wingers who bitch and moan about government employees pay/benefits.

No. you're just pointing out your inability to understand conservative principles

I got an eduction 'bonus', I forget what it was called. It was only valid for one term. I called it the 'go to school or get a new truck'. Basically get out and go to school or stay in and sign up for truck payments.

It was called the education incentive. TA was never contractually obligated, though.

So you're in favor of cutting tuition assistance, but you're good to go with sucking another soldier's dick.

Got it. Thanks.

When did I say I was in favor of cutting TA?

And please don't confuse your own homoerotic fantasies with me.

Thanks in advance.

Since when do the taxpayers have to foot the bill for government employees to go to college? In the private sector, we have to pay for our own education.

>>>>

Not true. Many employers worry that if they get an employee a degree they will go out and get a better job.

It's absolutley true that there are many employers that offer education benefits as part of their employment package, I worked for one.

If we paid over a certain dollar amount, then the employee signed a contract to work for a specified time after graduation. If they terminated either voluntarily or for cause prior to that number of years being completed then the contract they signed specified that they were required to reimburse all expenses paid by the company on a prorated basis.

I worked for Canon Virginia, but our TA policy was the same...

Does Canon have a tuition reimbursement program?

Yes, Canon has an Educational Assistance program, which reimburses employees for tuition, and some associated fees, for up to 90% of costs depending upon grade achievements and other eligibility requirements.

Canon U.S.A. : Employment FAQ

>>>>

Last edited:

>>>>

It's absolutley true that there are many employers that offer education benefits as part of their employment package, I worked for one.

If we paid over a certain dollar amount, then the employee signed a contract to work for a specified time after graduation. If they terminated either voluntarily or for cause prior to that number of years being completed then the contract they signed specified that they were required to reimburse all expenses paid by the company on a prorated basis.

>>>>

You worked for 'one'. I have worked for eleven different companies and only one has had education benefits. I have already mentioned that employer.

No tuition for soldiers but free tuition for prisoners.

What's wrong with that?

Forum List

Back