no tax return, no place on ballot

It's going to happen. Just a matter of time. You can pretend it's still the 19th century if you wish.
And you can pretend unicorns will fart healthcare. What you want is a failure.

I can tell you've never been treated by the VA.

There are occasions an airplane falls from the sky. That does not mean airflight is a failure. We need to hold those who run the VA to a different standard than what we do. I will not argue otherwise but then again, there should be far fewer being treated.
There should be fewer being treated...but you want to put the whole country under the VA or similar government-run healthcare?

Bernie lied to you. And you just ate it up.

People love Medicare. Go ahead, try and end it.
People hate Communism. Go ahead, try and force it on them.

You must think most western democracies are communist.

My reply was in discussion about why this would not apply to other politicians if people were wanting transparency. But since you said what you did, I will once again note that Trump said more than once he would release them. Why Lie?

He isn't getting stuff done.

Because he said he would.

Politicians lie all the time. All of them. Why did Hillary lie about classified information on a private email server? Why did she lie about a obscure video on the internet, causing a spontaneous riot the killed a US diplomat?

I refused to vote for her because she did lie all the time. Again, I supported Sanders. Can you show where he lies "all the time"?

I'll take Trump changing his mind on releasing a tax return, over bold faced lies about national security and the murdering of a diplomat, any day.

He lied. The reason he had no problem doing so is he knew that there would be plenty of those like yourself that would cover for them. That's why so many have no problem lying.

You are talking about Trump changing his mind on a tax return, over bold faced lies about very important issues, to... I don't want to release my tax return now.

No I am not. You are trying to spin it that way. Trump has lied about all kinds of things also. I consider health care a very important aspect also. I'm still waiting for the great plan he had that we all were going to love. I'm still waiting on Mexico paying for the wall.

That's not even really a lie. I wager at the time he said he would release his tax return, and then after realized the Democraps would use it as a political football, and decided not to.

Big deal. If you can prove wrong doing, then do so. Until then, people can change their minds on things. You have never said you would do X, and then later changed your mind? Why is that ok for you, but not Trump? Or do you expect me to believe you have never changed your mind on anything in your life?

Trump lies constantly. Even when it is shown to him that he said something he claims he never said he lies about it. Trump is very much like Hillary. They will lie even when the truth is a better answer.

I'm not entirely sure if Sanders lies or not. I think he does, because he says things that are clearly garbage, like we can get the rich to pay for all our free stuff.

He never said that. That's an example of you lying.

NO more free rides.
Democrats can't say that. Especially when they're talking to illegals.

There are occasions an airplane falls from the sky. That does not mean airflight is a failure. We need to hold those who run the VA to a different standard than what we do. I will not argue otherwise but then again, there should be far fewer being treated.
There should be fewer being treated...but you want to put the whole country under the VA or similar government-run healthcare?

You must not think at all.

How about no photo ID, no vote? If you want to buy beer, buy cigarettes, buy an airline ticket, or buy a train ticket, you have to show a photo ID. If it's not "oppressive" to require a photo ID for these items, how in the world is it "oppressive" to require a photo ID to vote?

Because a huge percentage of the poor and lazy are Democrats.

Democrats will vote if it's convenient enough; polls open late, rides to the polls, no lines or vote by mail. But if they had to put some effort into voting, they would sooner stay home because unlike Republicans, voting is not all that important to them.

The Democrat party cannot be honest about why they hate Voter-ID, so they go back to old faithful, racism. They think it works.

The parrots never ask what's racist about ID"s, they just accept it as truth the way any brainwashed person does, and repeat what they were told.

Someone mentions Medicare and you talk about Communism. So, what Western Democracies who have a way more robust healthcare system than Medicare do you consider Communist? It's that simple.

and that is what is going to happen next. the problem with actions like this is while they may seem like a good sneaky move to get at someone, you're simply opening up the door to allowing other rules you may not like to be on the ballot.

what if texas says you must be born in a southern state to be on their ballot? what if florida says you must have $10,000,000 in a florida bank account to be on their ballot? what if NY says you must open up the books on any charity you fund for an independent investigation to be on the ballot?

so sure - giggle away but this is exactly the bite you in the ass move the left loves to do. like the biden rule where you can't select a SCOTUS in your lame duck year. how'd that turn out?

so while all these people are making rules to favor ONE SIDE, great. but they're not the only side that can do that and the other side will follow suit and wheee - we can continue to burn Rome down.

Or my personal favorite, Dems removing the Filibuster for lower judicial appointments, and then screaming bloody murder when Republicans removed it for the SC. The Dems broke the dam, the republicans just widened the breach.
like i said - it may work THIS ONE TIME, but i have to believe if trump had tax issues the IRS would nail him to the wall. i messed up on my investment income 2 years in a row when i started doing my own taxes and it was costly. but it was my fault. they find it and they miss nothing.

all the taxes thing is for is a PR stunt to give them something to bitch about. since trump either gives them something to bitch about or they simply make something up on a daily basis, the best the taxes would provide is comic relief for a week or so and then be a non-issue.

but suddenly, the states now have the power to get "cute" with a national election. their own arrogance and ignorance shows off their lack of understanding where that road will go.

if california can make rules, so can texas and every other state out there.

we continue to de-evolve.

Democrats love creating problems like this. It costs God knows how many millions of dollars to fight this through the court system only to eventually be overturned. The Democrats know this quite well, but hell, it's not their money, so why should they care?

These political stunts are getting too costly. Get rid of all Democrats in power and we can end these little antics of theirs.

And we can get rid of the Corporate total control of the government as well where the phrase "For the People, by the People" have become a laughing stock. Figure out how to do that and you can have my support.

Prior to Trump, we had the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world. DumBama and many other Presidents saddled them with more choking regulations than you can shake a stick at.

There is no corporate control of our government because corporations are too small of a vote to cater to. It's all in your head. If corporations have control of our government, they are doing a pretty lousy job at it.

For them, they are doing a bangup job. They get all the social benefits, their workers are on Welfare so they don't have to pay them enough to live on, they don't pay a single dime in taxes, the top levels have almost completely tax free lives and live like Kings and Queens. And when they want something, they have enough clout to send in their army of Lobbyists to purcha.....er...... convince the government to give them what they want. What you mean is, the Government is doing a lousy job for you and I and others like us. But they are doing a bang up job for the people that they actually work for. Hell, they don't even have to write the bills, the Corporations do that for them and the Legislators don't even bother to read them when they pass them.

You are under the naive idea that your vote actually means something. It doesn't. It's there to make you feel good. You don't get a choice except which old white hair old geezer gets the nod that's already been predetermined before hand. Your Representatives just go through the motions to make you feel good and so you won't wake up one day and figure out the scam.

Yes, we do have the power to change things by voting. But first we would have to come out of the friggin coma we are in as a group. It's a group coma sprinkled with magical dust. But, just remember, it's always the other side that's that way, never our side.

California did not change the constitutional requirements for being president nor did they add any candidate requirements for listing on the ballot of the presidential general election.

They added requirements for all presidential and state gubernatorial candidates seeking to be listed on state primary ballots. The state does nothing with presidential primary results accept publish them. It is up to the political parties to use those as they sees fit.

What happens in California is not going have any effect on the outcome of the presidential race. Trump people have written off California just as they did in 2016.

That is not the point. The point is what they are doing is totally unconstitutional. If Trump allows them to get away with this because it's meaningless, then what's next?

What's next is that if CA gets away with it, some commie in a swing state might do the same. You have to stop anti-Americans in their track at the first sign of trouble, or like any other child, they will advance to the next step.

If anyone or any state disagrees or does something that Trump disagrees with then they are a commie. Sounds right to me. That is, if I were a card carrying McCarthy from the 50s person. You keep buying that snake oil Trump is selling. Hope the gout gets better.

No, I consider a commie one who is anti-American, or a Democrat....same thing really. If a commie country has any elections at all, it's totally rigged so they have no real opposition, or their opposition has zero chance at winning.

On one side you hypocrites say Trump needs to show his returns because it's customary. Well so is the way we run our elections, customary. We all played by the same rules with nobody trying to find ways to cheat the system. But now that Democrats are so butt hurt over Trump, they are seeking ways to do just that.

The Corporate America has taken over so well that it's come down to this now. We need to remove the Corporate stanglehold that Corporate America has on our Government. When a Candidate has to show his tax returns for President (or for any elected Federal Job for that matter) then we get to see if they will be will to work for the people instead of Corporate America. Tell me how else we can get that results? Or do you believe that it's a good thing for Corporate America to completely dominate our Federal Government and all it's decisions.

You'll never get that information out of tax returns. An opponent can do opposition research if they desire.

Actually, it's a good start.

Someone mentions Medicare and you talk about Communism. So, what Western Democracies who have a way more robust healthcare system than Medicare do you consider Communist? It's that simple.
Yeah, because the government forcing people to buy something under penalty of law, and taking other people's money by threat of force to help pay for it, is not at all totalitarian.

Yeah, you sure showed me, didn't you?

Yeah, because the government forcing people to buy something under penalty of law, and taking other people's money by threat of force to help pay for it, is not at all totalitarian.

Ok, so you think pretty much all wesern democracies are communist.

Do you hate being forced to pay for potholes too?

How about no photo ID, no vote? If you want to buy beer, buy cigarettes, buy an airline ticket, or buy a train ticket, you have to show a photo ID. If it's not "oppressive" to require a photo ID for these items, how in the world is it "oppressive" to require a photo ID to vote?

Some retailers have gone one step further. They require you to allow them to scan your ID to purchase tobacco products. Companies like Walgreens, Alta and a few others. I refused and told them they could just get my birth date off my drivers license visually. I was told by Walgreens (in a nice voice) that I didn't have to shop there. At Alta, I was told (in a very nasty way) that I didn't have to shop there. Both of them said it was the law. It's not the law. There is information in the strip of your DL that is none of their business and it's an invasion of privacy. But they are right, I don't have to shop there so I don't. And I suggest no one else shops there either.

We have to be aware that companies are gathering way too much information about our private lives and DEMANDING that we provide it. I, for one, will not freely cooperate. I don't have a problem with Voter ID as long as it's made available freely and openly to everyone with no restrictions either open nor backhanded. If that means a county having to come into a poor, non transportation neighborhood with a van and issue those for free because the people can't afford the money to pay for them then that is exactly what the county needs to do. No restrictions. Or Non Profits to bus them into the various Issuing Sites. Once that is done, then require the voter ID to vote. But that isn't how many districts want to play it. They want to make as impossible as possible for certain types of citizens to get those IDs.

Or my personal favorite, Dems removing the Filibuster for lower judicial appointments, and then screaming bloody murder when Republicans removed it for the SC. The Dems broke the dam, the republicans just widened the breach.
like i said - it may work THIS ONE TIME, but i have to believe if trump had tax issues the IRS would nail him to the wall. i messed up on my investment income 2 years in a row when i started doing my own taxes and it was costly. but it was my fault. they find it and they miss nothing.

all the taxes thing is for is a PR stunt to give them something to bitch about. since trump either gives them something to bitch about or they simply make something up on a daily basis, the best the taxes would provide is comic relief for a week or so and then be a non-issue.

but suddenly, the states now have the power to get "cute" with a national election. their own arrogance and ignorance shows off their lack of understanding where that road will go.

Democrats love creating problems like this. It costs God knows how many millions of dollars to fight this through the court system only to eventually be overturned. The Democrats know this quite well, but hell, it's not their money, so why should they care?

These political stunts are getting too costly. Get rid of all Democrats in power and we can end these little antics of theirs.

And we can get rid of the Corporate total control of the government as well where the phrase "For the People, by the People" have become a laughing stock. Figure out how to do that and you can have my support.

Prior to Trump, we had the highest corporate tax rate in the industrialized world. DumBama and many other Presidents saddled them with more choking regulations than you can shake a stick at.

There is no corporate control of our government because corporations are too small of a vote to cater to. It's all in your head. If corporations have control of our government, they are doing a pretty lousy job at it.

For them, they are doing a bangup job. They get all the social benefits, their workers are on Welfare so they don't have to pay them enough to live on, they don't pay a single dime in taxes, the top levels have almost completely tax free lives and live like Kings and Queens. And when they want something, they have enough clout to send in their army of Lobbyists to purcha.....er...... convince the government to give them what they want. What you mean is, the Government is doing a lousy job for you and I and others like us. But they are doing a bang up job for the people that they actually work for. Hell, they don't even have to write the bills, the Corporations do that for them and the Legislators don't even bother to read them when they pass them.

You are under the naive idea that your vote actually means something. It doesn't. It's there to make you feel good. You don't get a choice except which old white hair old geezer gets the nod that's already been predetermined before hand. Your Representatives just go through the motions to make you feel good and so you won't wake up one day and figure out the scam.

Yes, we do have the power to change things by voting. But first we would have to come out of the friggin coma we are in as a group. It's a group coma sprinkled with magical dust. But, just remember, it's always the other side that's that way, never our side.

You bring up a good point: our vote don't count. So next election and following elections, make sure you don't vote. You show them. Not only that, try to discourage all your friends and family that think like you from voting too. Do your part I always say.

Employers don't base their employee pay on what government gives out. They base it on the going market. If they can get people to work for eight bucks an hour, that's what they'll pay. If they can't find anybody for eight bucks an hour, they raise their offer to nine, if no bites, ten, and it goes on from there. If they get plenty of people to apply for ten bucks an hour, they drop the rate to nine. That's how it works in this country.

Government doesn't give corporations anything. All they can do is take less from them. If you take all the lazy and poor in this country and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them, in fact, society and country would benefit. Take all the rich and corporations and do the same thing, the country collapses.

You bring up a good point: our vote don't count. So next election and following elections, make sure you don't vote. You show them. Not only that, try to discourage all your friends and family that think like you from voting too. Do your part I always say.

Employers don't base their employee pay on what government gives out. They base it on the going market. If they can get people to work for eight bucks an hour, that's what they'll pay. If they can't find anybody for eight bucks an hour, they raise their offer to nine, if no bites, ten, and it goes on from there. If they get plenty of people to apply for ten bucks an hour, they drop the rate to nine. That's how it works in this country.

Government doesn't give corporations anything. All they can do is take less from them. If you take all the lazy and poor in this country and put them on an island somewhere, nobody would miss them, in fact, society and country would benefit. Take all the rich and corporations and do the same thing, the country collapses.

Or you can regulate the Corporations and tell them if they won't pay their workers a living wage maybe they shouldn't be in business. You know, the way that a small business is forced to operate.

Some retailers have gone one step further. They require you to allow them to scan your ID to purchase tobacco products. Companies like Walgreens, Alta and a few others. I refused and told them they could just get my birth date off my drivers license visually. I was told by Walgreens (in a nice voice) that I didn't have to shop there. At Alta, I was told (in a very nasty way) that I didn't have to shop there. Both of them said it was the law. It's not the law. There is information in the strip of your DL that is none of their business and it's an invasion of privacy.

Right. But you support a state forcing a presidential candidate to show their tax returns to the public, and you have no problem with that. :auiqs.jpg:

It's going to happen. Just a matter of time. You can pretend it's still the 19th century if you wish.

If you are unable to actually address what I said, why not just move on?

Or you can regulate the Corporations and tell them if they won't pay their workers a living wage maybe they shouldn't be in business. You know, the way that a small business is forced to operate.

Small businesses are like big businesses in what they pay. No difference. Until we no longer live in a free country, we don't force anybody to do anything in private matters. It's their concern--not governments. And if government doesn't want to give them welfare or food stamps, they have my approval to discontinue them.

Ok, so you think pretty much all wesern democracies are communist.

Do you hate being forced to pay for potholes too?

Repairing potholes benefit society equally. Forcing one person to pay for another's healthcare is one benefiting at the disadvantage of another.

Some retailers have gone one step further. They require you to allow them to scan your ID to purchase tobacco products. Companies like Walgreens, Alta and a few others. I refused and told them they could just get my birth date off my drivers license visually. I was told by Walgreens (in a nice voice) that I didn't have to shop there. At Alta, I was told (in a very nasty way) that I didn't have to shop there. Both of them said it was the law. It's not the law. There is information in the strip of your DL that is none of their business and it's an invasion of privacy.

Right. But you support a state forcing a presidential candidate to show their tax returns to the public, and you have no problem with that. :auiqs.jpg:

No, I don't have even an inkling of a problem with that. Since the money from the Corporates are intwined into the Presidency and Federal Elections so securely, they shouldn't have any secrets from us. Romney showed his and his showed a 12% taxable income which hurt him severely. All of a sudden his way of low taxes on himself, his corporations and loopholes stood out. Don't get me wrong, I am not singling out Romney. Many of that income level pay ZERO taxes but aren't running for President. What it shows us is the character of the individual. Of course, Trump has no character so what's he got to lose.

Small businesses are like big businesses in what they pay. No difference. Until we no longer live in a free country, we don't force anybody to do anything in private matters. It's their concern--not governments. And if government doesn't want to give them welfare or food stamps, they have my approval to discontinue them.

A small business pays their fair share of taxes. They don't get the big loopholes. And they usually pay a higher wage and get the better workers than the corporates do. They also have a much lower profit margin. If they don't meet a certain profit then they can't take hat in hand to the Government and get help. They go out of business. No bailout, no extra tax breaks, nothing. Corporations should be treated exactly like small business. Either make it or go out of business. No Company should be too big to fail.

No, I don't have even an inkling of a problem with that. Since the money from the Corporates are intwined into the Presidency and Federal Elections so securely, they shouldn't have any secrets from us. Romney showed his and his showed a 12% taxable income which hurt him severely. All of a sudden his way of low taxes on himself, his corporations and loopholes stood out. Don't get me wrong, I am not singling out Romney. Many of that income level pay ZERO taxes but aren't running for President. What it shows us is the character of the individual. Of course, Trump has no character so what's he got to lose.

Nobody had a problem with what Romney pays in taxes. 12% is about average. And no, most don't pay nothing in income tax. Just a very small percentage who have the write-offs to not have to pay income tax.

The people who pay no income tax are the bottom 45% of our country. The top 20% pay over 80% of all collected income taxes.

A small business pays their fair share of taxes. They don't get the big loopholes. And they usually pay a higher wage and get the better workers than the corporates do. They also have a much lower profit margin. If they don't meet a certain profit then they can't take hat in hand to the Government and get help. They go out of business. No bailout, no extra tax breaks, nothing. Corporations should be treated exactly like small business. Either make it or go out of business. No Company should be too big to fail.

I've worked for small business most of my life. They do things the same way large companies do. In fact, larger companies pay better money for the same kind of work in most cases. When Commie Care started, most of the small businesses dropped their employee coverage while larger companies kept that benefit for their employees.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back