no tax return, no place on ballot

No, the state cannot pass such a law. The requirements to be a President of the United States are outlined in the US Constitution. No state can change that by adding on to it without a constitutional amendment.

Democrats still plugging up our courts with childish bullshit that will never work.

They did not change the requirements to be a President of the United States, they added a rule to be on their ballot.

A rule that changes the constitutionally-mandated requirements for president. The requirements cannot be changed, subtracted or added to short of an amendment.

Unconstitutional.

They did not changes the constitutionally-mandated requirements for president. They added a rule to be on their ballot. Every state already has rules to be on their ballot that are not in the Constitution.
SCOTUS would fast track this right into the gutter...where it belongs....
Ballot access laws by state, for anyone that's interested.

Ballot access for major and minor party candidates - Ballotpedia
Do you loons really think half the nation will sit back and allow a state to keep Trump off the ballot?....they would write him in and you would still lose for being whiny little pricks....

Those are filing requirements, not qualification requirements. It's more about fees and deadlines if anything. But I just want you to remember this:

View attachment 271990

This is what I'll be posting to your reply back on this topic after the court shoots it down.

They are requirements to be on the ballot.

I suspect the courts will, but I do not think it is as black and white as your little mind makes is.

I also do not agree with it, but that is irrelevant.

Filing requirements are pure paperwork is all. This is blackmail. Sorry you can't see the difference, but the court will.

collecting 10,000 signatures is more than just paperwork

California should declare that only homeless heroine addicts from El Salvador can run for President.

They did not change the requirements to be a President of the United States, they added a rule to be on their ballot.

A rule that changes the constitutionally-mandated requirements for president. The requirements cannot be changed, subtracted or added to short of an amendment.

Unconstitutional.

They did not changes the constitutionally-mandated requirements for president. They added a rule to be on their ballot. Every state already has rules to be on their ballot that are not in the Constitution.

Do you loons really think half the nation will sit back and allow a state to keep Trump off the ballot?....they would write him in and you would still lose for being whiny little pricks....

Just noting......WV doesn't count write in votes. I don't agree with this but it's how it is.

Unconstitutional.

Just noting......WV doesn't count write in votes. I don't agree with this but it's how it is.
The nation would not stand for it...to exclude a sitting president from a state ballot would mean the end of the government in said state....the courts would fast track it into the dust bin of history....

The nation would not stand for it...to exclude a sitting president from a state ballot would mean the end of the government in said state....the courts would fast track it into the dust bin of history....

I doubt it stands but then again, if it's just California it would make no difference.

I doubt it stands but then again, if it's just California it would make no difference.
Don't be too surprised if Trump wins California....

Total Violation of Federal Law.

Hey why don’t you bring back the poll tax and have people take drug tests before running for office?

Half The Democrat Party is on drugs and could not be elected.

The only reason you turds want his tax returns is so you can Dox his businesses, send Antifa Thugs to harass his employees and vandalize his properties and commit other crimes.

Congressional Subpoenas are Toilet Paper.

Separation of Powers
Loser!
Teddy Kennedy never released his tax returns when he challenged Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Dem primary.

How about a different standard? If you destroy evidence that's under a Congressional subpoena, you don't get to be on the ballot. Hillary would have been ineligible under this rule.

does ignoring a congressional subpoena count too ?

So how many of those signatures are illegal aliens living in your rat infested tent cities?

Did you step in human shit today on your way to work?
Those are filing requirements, not qualification requirements. It's more about fees and deadlines if anything. But I just want you to remember this:

View attachment 271990

This is what I'll be posting to your reply back on this topic after the court shoots it down.

They are requirements to be on the ballot.

I suspect the courts will, but I do not think it is as black and white as your little mind makes is.

I also do not agree with it, but that is irrelevant.

Filing requirements are pure paperwork is all. This is blackmail. Sorry you can't see the difference, but the court will.

collecting 10,000 signatures is more than just paperwork

Teddy Kennedy never released his tax returns when he challenged Jimmy Carter in the 1980 Dem primary.

How about a different standard? If you destroy evidence that's under a Congressional subpoena, you don't get to be on the ballot. Hillary would have been ineligible under this rule.

does ignoring a congressional subpoena count too ?

We'll have to check with Hillary on that one.

The only reason these turds want The President’s Tax Returns is so they can Dox his businesses, and employees, and send Antifa Fags to vandalize his properties, assault people and commit other crimes of terror.

The dems have really lost it...its amazing to witness....you could not have made this up....

This will be interesting. Obviously a state can pass such a law. I think it's fair to want a candidate to be transparent. I'm not sure the courts will allow it.
Democrats complain about rigging elections while they try to rig the election right out in front of everyone.
The Democrats are colluding with foreign nationals from south of the border to overthrow the 2020 election.

Wrong. They are adding a requirement to run for President. If the founders wanted states to make their own requirements, they would have stated so in the Constitution. The state of Commie Fornia decided to change the requirements which is unconstitutional, and they know it.

No, the person can still run for president, they are not stopping them. You are just making things up.

No, what they are saying is HE CAN'T run for President in their state. Again, totally unconstitutional.

That's like my state saying before the Romney election, all contenders must provide their college transcripts and original birth certificate. Do you think my state would have been able to do that for DumBama's reelection?

It doesn't say he can't run for President it says he cannot be on ballot, one can always write his name in. With that being said if they are going to pass such law they need to include anyone running for any office in the state.

New York changes the law to attack the President and California changes the freaking election law to keep citizens from being able to vote for the candidate they like. Imagine what it would be like if liberals got their slimy claws on the Constitution?

You can always write him in.

Holy crap, much to do about nothing. This only applies to the PRIMARY ballot, not the general election ballot. Since there's nobody (of value) running against President Trump, it doesn't matter if he's on the primary ballot or not. He will be on the general election ballot.

If I were President Trump, I wouldn't even bother to comment on it. Just ignore it. Sadly, he won't, but whatever.

Ricky LIbtardo picked up on this, but it doesn't seem anyone else did...

Forum List

Back