No taxes, none. Now what do we pay for, and how?

Bush lowered them, it got worse. JFK lowered them, it got better. Clinton raised them, it got better. Reagan raised them, it got better.

Now, what could all that mean? Maybe, just maybe, taxes aren't a light switch or a magical fairy wand.
LOL, you dumb liberal. All you know is mindless talking points. You have no trouble proving it on a daily basis here. Bush's cuts did help, and are still in effect except for the top bracket. Reagan had them cut drastically and raised slightly. So it's technically correct to say he raised them but completely dishonest to leave it at that.

Lies, smears and misrepresentation is ALL the left has to offer America. And we can't run on bullshit much longer.

A simple question for all those radical anti-tax people.

Assuming you're referring to income taxes, the answers are easy.

When it comes to going to war, how is that paid for?

Same way its was paid for before income tax. Worked fine for 130+ years.

Repairs to public roads and bridges after a natural disaster?

That's a state issue. State's are free to raise funds for public roads in any manner they like. Nothing in the Constitution that grants the Feds power to fund roads and bridges.

A standing army and navy?

See above.

Well, that wasn't so hard...

That's a state issue. State's are free to raise funds for public roads in any manner they like. Nothing in the Constitution that grants the Feds power to fund roads and bridges.

What a moron....So, an INTERSTATE highway would stop from a richer state at the border of a poorer state who could not afford building the highway, right?

What a moron....So, an INTERSTATE highway would stop from a richer state at the border of a poorer state who could not afford building the highway, right?
No state is that poor or stupid. Any money invested in a freeway is a plus for the economy.

Well, first, thank you for once again demonstrating how lefties cannot debate without logical fallacies. Good grief.

Second, if states wish to work together to build roads between states, they're free to do so. Worked beautifully with Route 66.

Lastly, are you suggesting the Constitution grants the Feds the power to build roads. If so, where is the power enumerated?

Well, first, thank you for once again demonstrating how lefties cannot debate without logical fallacies. Good grief.

Second, if states wish to work together to build roads between states, they're free to do so. Worked beautifully with Route 66.

Lastly, are you suggesting the Constitution grants the Feds the power to build roads. If so, where is the power enumerated?

The constitution is a living breathing document that gives the feds a right to do whatever they want. You are clueless, clearly.

If it wasn't for the liberal government, you would have no rights at all to even spout the nonsense you are spouting, so shut up and pay up.

Last edited:

Moron......that is a typical (and stupid) strawman.......There is ALSO nothing in the Constitution about the FAA or the NTSB, and a host of other watchdog agencies.

In 1956, Eisenhower helped pass the Federal-Aid Highway Act PRECISELY to ensure that highway traffic would be not be interrupted from having needed troops and materiel stop at the border of a poor state.

The constitution is a living breathing document that gives the feds a right to do whatever they want. You are clueless, clearly.

If that is your true stance on the Constitution, then it is YOU who are the clueless one...

Last edited:

Moron......that is a typical (and stupid) strawman.......There is ALSO nothing in the Constitution about the FAA or the NTSB, and a host of other watchdog agencies.

In 1956, Eisenhower helped pass the Federal-Aid Highway Act PRECISELY to ensure that highway traffic would be not be interrupted from having needed troops and materiel stop at the border of a poor state.

Someone needs to look up the definition of a Strawman argument!

After that little gem, I must thank you for making my point. No, there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the Feds the power to meddle in travel. That of course, never stopped Progressives.

And yes, Eisenhower shoved that through under the power of a standing army. He couldn't have passed it through otherwise because, once again, roads are not a power granted to the Feds.

Still looking for that enumerated power to build roads. Having trouble finding it?

Maybe Mississippi didn't want the feds invading them?

After that little gem, I must thank you for making my point. No, there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the Feds the power to meddle in travel. That of course, never stopped Progressives.

And yes, Eisenhower shoved that through under the power of a standing army. He couldn't have passed it through otherwise because, once again, roads are not a power granted to the Feds.

Still looking for that enumerated power to build roads. Having trouble finding it?

Actually, I don't give a crap if morons like you remain as stupid as you are now.....Your opinion is irrelevant to most sane Americans.

are you suggesting the Constitution grants the Feds the power to build roads. If so, where is the power enumerated?

The Congress shall have power... To establish post offices and post roads — US Constitution Article 1 Sec 8 cl 7

Actually, I don't give a crap if morons like you remain as stupid as you are now.....Your opinion is irrelevant to most sane Americans.

In other words, you got nothing...except more logic fallacies, of course!

Thanks for making my day.

are you suggesting the Constitution grants the Feds the power to build roads. If so, where is the power enumerated?

The Congress shall have power... To establish post offices and post roads — US Constitution Article 1 Sec 8 cl 7

Correct, the Feds have to deliver the mail. That doesn't grant the power to build roads and bridges. Believe me, if it did, we wouldn't have a single state-funded road!

It's a National Security issue, based on The Pershing Map

"When the United States Army realized it could not satisfactorily meet its World War I logistical needs by railroad alone, it organized truck convoys to supplement them, with the first run in 1917 from Toledo, Ohio, to Baltimore, Maryland. Following the two-month ordeal of the U.S. Army Transcontinental Motor Convoy in 1919, the need for better infrastructure became even clearer."

"roads of "prime importance in the event of war""

article

Okay, let's hear it.
Who here has ever said they are for no taxes at all?

This is a good example of the less means none meme of the left

Okay, let's hear it.

Have the states fund the Federal government based upon their proportion of the Electoral college votes

It's a National Security issue, based on The Pershing Map

"When the United States Army realized it could not satisfactorily meet its World War I logistical needs by railroad alone, it organized truck convoys to supplement them, with the first run in 1917 from Toledo, Ohio, to Baltimore, Maryland. Following the two-month ordeal of the U.S. Army Transcontinental Motor Convoy in 1919, the need for better infrastructure became even clearer."

"roads of "prime importance in the event of war""

article

Correct, this is the justification used to build the interstate highway. They had to tie it to the Fed's power over a standing army because it's not otherwise found among the enumerated powers.

Of course, that doesn't mean states couldn't have done it...but that has never stopped Progressives from grabbing power.

Okay, let's hear it.

I don't know (or rather want to explain). Why don't you read a history book to figure out?

usgr_chart3p21.png
No thanks. If you can't tell me, I don't care.

And BTW, I know the history. We don't live in history, we live now.

Well, you could also ask the nations far more tax free and recently successful than USA.

How did they do it?

They lowered taxes. Wow... You do know that taxes have a negative effect on the economy. You just lower them and the rest seems to be handled almost magically (this unfortunately works also in reverse, explaining why the country has gone to shit).
No other country that I know of is growing faster than China and their taxes are higher than ours.

Okay, let's hear it.

Here's what morons like you don't get. The vast majority of us who favor limited government do not advocate for No Taxes. Claiming we do is a false Obama-esque strawman.

Forum List

Back