Nobody doubts the M4 is an assault weapon. Are there any material differences between an M4 and an AR15?

This GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.
It's an honest question. All I want is an honest answer.
Lots of people doubt its an assault rifle so the entire thread is pointless.
There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
Like you who thinks that it's soooooo easy to modify an AR 15 into a fully automatic weapon even though no one ever seems to use modified AR 15s to commit crimes
Perhaps it would be beyond your ability to fabricate one small part, and purchase the rest. That wouldn't be a big hurdle for many.
Then tell me why we don't see people using modified Ar 15s to commit crimes.

You say all this shit but you have no proof that people are actually modifying their ARs
I never said they do, even though I believe some do. I just said it was possible, and not that hard to do.

Like I said if it was as easy as you say that we would see criminals , especially gangs, use them and it just doesn't happen.

Lots of things are possible but aren't probable
BUT ALL YOU NEED IS A FILE AND A PIECE OF STEEL CMON MAN ITS SO EASY
I never said just a file and piece of steel, but I get your point. I never explicitly said it would also require some sort of easily built jig and some sort of easily built bracket to hold the grinder steady. I regularly use those types of things, and don't see them as anything other than just normal use of the tool. I still stand by my claim that it is possible to cut a few non-complex notches out of a 1/2 by 3/4 by 1 1/4 inch piece of steel with nothing more than a grinder, a vice, and perhaps a file to smooth up the rough cuts, and a cheap set of Harbor Freight calipers to check your work. Oh look, I added a file and a way of measuring. I didn't mention a pencil to mark where to cut either. Does that mean my claim that a DIAS is easily built is a lie?
Make one. Show us how easy it is.

Hop to it.
Making one would put me in prison. I said I could show how to make one. but I want to make sure the other questions about the ease of conversion are answered first.

Talking to someone about it is Conspiracy to Commit.

Conversion isn't easy. I have built them legally, I had a full machine shop at my beck and call.
No . Talking about it is no conspiracy. There is no intent to build one. Yes, it is easy. Are you saying you aren't capable of swapping a few easily bought parts?
Not conspiracy. Solicitation.

"A person is guilty of solicitation to commit a crime if, with the purpose of promoting or facilitating its commission, he commands, encourages or requests another person to engage in specific conduct which would constitute such crime..."

You're encouraging people to break the law. Tsk, tsk.
Several times I said conversion was illegal and would put you in prison for a long time. I've specifically said I don't advise it. This thread is about why most people don't do it. The gun nut mantra is that crooks don't obey laws anyway, so why don't more crooks convert their AR15s. Is it because it is too complicated? Is there some secret procedure that they can't figure out?

So it seems most finally agree that full auto is really the only material difference between the two rifles, and the only question now, to find what I was looking for in the OP, is whether the conversion is fairly easy. Buying the needed parts, other than the DIAS, seems easy enough since they are for sale at damn near every gun store, and none of them require any special permit or approval for anyone to buy. A couple hundred bucks should cover the bolt carrier group, a M16 hammer and any other non regulated trigger parts needed. It comes down to whether the DIAS is pretty easy to build. Is that a fair assessment?
So what do you think the government should do about it?

You keep running away from this question.
What the government should do has nothing to do with this thread. It has no bearing on whether those rifles are essentially the same other than the auto fire capability,(I think we are agreed that is true) or if the AR can be easily converted. As far as the conversion, I think we are agreed that all the parts required can be easily sourced, except for the DIAS.
Even though it has nothing to do with this thread, I'm sure many already know I believe we need common sense gun laws.
AND THERE IT IS, just as I've said all along.

You want to ban AR-15s.

Hint: No. Cry some more about it.
You are nuts, aren't you. I oppose banning the AR15. Nothing I have written says any different. Common sense regulation and banning the AR15 are not the same thing dumb ass.
Why do you want to regulate a weapon that's been used so rarely in crimes?

Do you really expect anyone to believe you don't want them banned?
I really don't care what you believe. Any devise whose only purpose is to kill needs regulation. Only an idiot would believe otherwise. You still haven't said what, other than a DIAS would make conversion hard. At least try to stay near the subject, or I'll just scroll past your responses.
Then scroll away, you fascist bastard.
Not yet bitch. You're still entertaining me. It's obvious that you can't come up with a rational answer to the first question.
Many answers have been given you. Your little bitch-fit proves nothing.
Yep, but most of those answers didn't have anything to do with how hard it is to convert an AR15 to full auto capability. Do you think you could swap out a bolt, hammer, and selector on an AR 15? Please give a straight answer. I didn't ask about legality, or the 2nd amendment, or how many AR15s are in use right now, or where you would get those parts (they are all easily purchased) . Could you swap those parts?
I doubt it. I've only ever disassembled weapons for cleaning, and despite your repeated insistence that it's easy, I wouldn't attempt it because I know nothing about the mechanics of firearms or of gunsmithing.

That, and you're full of horseshit.

This GOTCHA attempt is so lame, we need to call in a veterinarian and have it put down.
There are always people who live in their own little world, but if disagree with our military's definition, you're pretty much an idiot.
Like you who thinks that it's soooooo easy to modify an AR 15 into a fully automatic weapon even though no one ever seems to use modified AR 15s to commit crimes
Perhaps it would be beyond your ability to fabricate one small part, and purchase the rest. That wouldn't be a big hurdle for many.

You say all this shit but you have no proof that people are actually modifying their ARs
I never said they do, even though I believe some do. I just said it was possible, and not that hard to do.

Like I said if it was as easy as you say that we would see criminals , especially gangs, use them and it just doesn't happen.

I never said just a file and piece of steel, but I get your point. I never explicitly said it would also require some sort of easily built jig and some sort of easily built bracket to hold the grinder steady. I regularly use those types of things, and don't see them as anything other than just normal use of the tool. I still stand by my claim that it is possible to cut a few non-complex notches out of a 1/2 by 3/4 by 1 1/4 inch piece of steel with nothing more than a grinder, a vice, and perhaps a file to smooth up the rough cuts, and a cheap set of Harbor Freight calipers to check your work. Oh look, I added a file and a way of measuring. I didn't mention a pencil to mark where to cut either. Does that mean my claim that a DIAS is easily built is a lie?

Hop to it.
Making one would put me in prison. I said I could show how to make one. but I want to make sure the other questions about the ease of conversion are answered first.

Conversion isn't easy. I have built them legally, I had a full machine shop at my beck and call.
No . Talking about it is no conspiracy. There is no intent to build one. Yes, it is easy. Are you saying you aren't capable of swapping a few easily bought parts?

"A person is guilty of solicitation to commit a crime if, with the purpose of promoting or facilitating its commission, he commands, encourages or requests another person to engage in specific conduct which would constitute such crime..."

Several times I said conversion was illegal and would put you in prison for a long time. I've specifically said I don't advise it. This thread is about why most people don't do it. The gun nut mantra is that crooks don't obey laws anyway, so why don't more crooks convert their AR15s. Is it because it is too complicated? Is there some secret procedure that they can't figure out?
Damn, you're a fucking idiot.

Every single question you've asked has been answered.

And you do keep soliciting people to break the law.

Hop to it.

If you talk to someone about the procedure to modify a semi to a full auto firearm, THAT is indeed conspiracy to commit.

You should look up the ATF regulations. You'll get your dumbass arrested otherwise.

On second thought, don't look them up. We would all be better off if you were in jail.
So saying that a drop in auto sear is the only non off the shelf part needed to convert a gun is conspiracy? Really? Even beyond that, you think saying it can be built with a grinder is conspiracy?

No, talking about the methods to make the drop in auto sear work, IS.
Oh, I get it. Saying you need a fully equipped machine shop is not conspiracy, but saying using common techniques with a grinder will do those types of things is conspiracy. You bet.

No, dumbass, just dropping in a drop in auto sear won't make the weapon function. Talking about what needs to be done to MAKE it work is where the crime occurs. Stop spewing about subject matter you are clueless about.
The internet is full of sites that tell what it takes to make the conversion. They all say what parts need to be changed. No state secrets involved there. All the changes they list are easy. The only hard part is acquiring a $20,000 DIAS. Agreed?

Nope, acquiring the DIAS is easy. Just expensive. The rest of it is the hard part.

Of course, if you're smart, you just buy a weapon that has already been converted from a dealer.

Only morons, like you, do it the hard way.
Perhaps changing the bolt, hammer, and selector is more than you are capable of, but most wouldn't see it as a problem. Of course, it would be as illegal as hell, but the actual swap wouldn't be a big problem. I said from the first that the conversion would put you in the pen for a long time, and I don't advise that, but I'm only considering how hard the actual conversion is.
Actually, you have advised and encouraged people to break the law.
You gotta point to the specific post where I did that. Discussing readily available information is not encouraging anything.

The man selected by Biden to run ATF just described in the hearings on his appointment that his opinion is that all assault weapons should be banned and licensed like Machine guns for those already out there, then when pressed to define an assault weapon he said any semi auto with detachable magazine and bigger then 22 caliber.
Leftists hate the Second Amendment because it prevents the government from taking away from people the tools with which to defend themselves from leftist tyranny.

They don't want you safe. They want you disarmed.

And then they want you to get on the cattle car.
Just out of curiosity, Since a rifle seems to be such an important tool for defense, but you claim bad guys rarely use a rifle, what is the tactical difference between a crook and a homeowner? Why is a pistol preferred by one, and a rifle preferred by the other? Just because isn't a good answer.
This has been explained to you, too, but you like to pretend things you don't like don't exist.

Bad guys want weapons they can conceal easily.

But it says a lot that you equate homeowners and criminals. And it's not complimentary.
I didn't equate them. I compared them. The tactical goal of a homeowner and a crook breaking in the homeowner's home, concerning the use of a gun, is the same. To disable, kill, or otherwise stop your opponent from their goal.
Yes, you're equating them.

That's because you want semi-automatic rifles banned.
I've specifically said I don't.

The man selected by Biden to run ATF just described in the hearings on his appointment that his opinion is that all assault weapons should be banned and licensed like Machine guns for those already out there, then when pressed to define an assault weapon he said any semi auto with detachable magazine and bigger then 22 caliber.
Leftists hate the Second Amendment because it prevents the government from taking away from people the tools with which to defend themselves from leftist tyranny.

Just out of curiosity, Since a rifle seems to be such an important tool for defense, but you claim bad guys rarely use a rifle, what is the tactical difference between a crook and a homeowner? Why is a pistol preferred by one, and a rifle preferred by the other? Just because isn't a good answer.
This has been explained to you, too, but you like to pretend things you don't like don't exist.

But it says a lot that you equate homeowners and criminals. And it's not complimentary.
I didn't equate them. I compared them. The tactical goal of a homeowner and a crook breaking in the homeowner's home, concerning the use of a gun, is the same. To disable, kill, or otherwise stop your opponent from their goal.

actions speak louder than words,, and you actions say these words are a lie,,

Hop to it.

If you talk to someone about the procedure to modify a semi to a full auto firearm, THAT is indeed conspiracy to commit.

You should look up the ATF regulations. You'll get your dumbass arrested otherwise.

On second thought, don't look them up. We would all be better off if you were in jail.
So saying that a drop in auto sear is the only non off the shelf part needed to convert a gun is conspiracy? Really? Even beyond that, you think saying it can be built with a grinder is conspiracy?

Oh, I get it. Saying you need a fully equipped machine shop is not conspiracy, but saying using common techniques with a grinder will do those types of things is conspiracy. You bet.

No, dumbass, just dropping in a drop in auto sear won't make the weapon function. Talking about what needs to be done to MAKE it work is where the crime occurs. Stop spewing about subject matter you are clueless about.
The internet is full of sites that tell what it takes to make the conversion. They all say what parts need to be changed. No state secrets involved there. All the changes they list are easy. The only hard part is acquiring a $20,000 DIAS. Agreed?

Nope, acquiring the DIAS is easy. Just expensive. The rest of it is the hard part.

Of course, if you're smart, you just buy a weapon that has already been converted from a dealer.

Perhaps changing the bolt, hammer, and selector is more than you are capable of, but most wouldn't see it as a problem. Of course, it would be as illegal as hell, but the actual swap wouldn't be a big problem. I said from the first that the conversion would put you in the pen for a long time, and I don't advise that, but I'm only considering how hard the actual conversion is.

There's these things called tolerances....off by two thousandths, and you have a bomb next to your face. Any idiot can swap parts in and out, making sure they are the RIGHT parts is the trick.
The right parts are an M16 hammer, bolt, and selector. All standardized and easily delivered to your front door. You have to time a DIAS for it to work right. that's where those thousandths matter. This isn't verboten information either.
View attachment 494769

Not nearly as cut and dried as you think. I have been shooting machine guns for decades. I own several legal ones,

Hop to it.

There's these things called tolerances....off by two thousandths, and you have a bomb next to your face. Any idiot can swap parts in and out, making sure they are the RIGHT parts is the trick.
The right parts are an M16 hammer, bolt, and selector. All standardized and easily delivered to your front door. You have to time a DIAS for it to work right. that's where those thousandths matter. This isn't verboten information either.
View attachment 494769

Yup, put the wrong parts in and you have a bomb. Enjoy. BTW, MOST of the M-16 parts that are for sale are rejects. Just a heads up.
Well, no. Depending on which manufacturer you choose, many new bolts bought for an AR are interchangeable with an M16. They even advertise them as M16/AR15 bolts
1622249623637.png

Hop to it.

Aside from difficulty and expense or trouble, full auto or burst capability is only an improvement in rare and unlikely circumstances even for criminals. Certainly not worth the risk of massive additional prison time for essentially no gain and for simple possession rather than actual use in a possibly profitable crime. Criminals aren't necessarily stupid.

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

Not nearly as cut and dried as you think. I have been shooting machine guns for decades. I own several legal ones,

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

Yup, put the wrong parts in and you have a bomb. Enjoy. BTW, MOST of the M-16 parts that are for sale are rejects. Just a heads up.
Well, no. Depending on which manufacturer you choose, many new bolts bought for an AR are interchangeable with an M16. They even advertise them as M16/AR15 bolts
View attachment 494782
what are you going to say after the next mass shooting and they use a full auto and the shooter says bulldog on the USMB forum taught me how to convert my AR to full auto??

Hop to it.

Actually, you have advised and encouraged people to break the law.
You gotta point to the specific post where I did that. Discussing readily available information is not encouraging anything.
Post #597.
"Yes, it is easy. Are you saying you aren't capable of swapping a few easily bought parts?"

No different than saying to a guy in a bar, "Kicking that's dude's ass would be easy. Are you saying you can't do it?"

Thing is, though -- you're lying.

So it seems most finally agree that full auto is really the only material difference between the two rifles, and the only question now, to find what I was looking for in the OP, is whether the conversion is fairly easy. Buying the needed parts, other than the DIAS, seems easy enough since they are for sale at damn near every gun store, and none of them require any special permit or approval for anyone to buy. A couple hundred bucks should cover the bolt carrier group, a M16 hammer and any other non regulated trigger parts needed. It comes down to whether the DIAS is pretty easy to build. Is that a fair assessment?

What the government should do has nothing to do with this thread. It has no bearing on whether those rifles are essentially the same other than the auto fire capability,(I think we are agreed that is true) or if the AR can be easily converted. As far as the conversion, I think we are agreed that all the parts required can be easily sourced, except for the DIAS.
Even though it has nothing to do with this thread, I'm sure many already know I believe we need common sense gun laws.

You want to ban AR-15s.

You are nuts, aren't you. I oppose banning the AR15. Nothing I have written says any different. Common sense regulation and banning the AR15 are not the same thing dumb ass.

I really don't care what you believe. Any devise whose only purpose is to kill needs regulation. Only an idiot would believe otherwise. You still haven't said what, other than a DIAS would make conversion hard. At least try to stay near the subject, or I'll just scroll past your responses.
Not yet bitch. You're still entertaining me. It's obvious that you can't come up with a rational answer to the first question.
Yep, but most of those answers didn't have anything to do with how hard it is to convert an AR15 to full auto capability. Do you think you could swap out a bolt, hammer, and selector on an AR 15? Please give a straight answer. I didn't ask about legality, or the 2nd amendment, or how many AR15s are in use right now, or where you would get those parts (they are all easily purchased) . Could you swap those parts?
I doubt it. I've only ever disassembled weapons for cleaning, and despite your repeated insistence that it's easy, I wouldn't attempt it because I know nothing about the mechanics of firearms or of gunsmithing.

Thank you. That is a straight answer to a straight question. Not sure, but it might have been the first one in this thread. I'm sure there are many people who wouldn't want to disassemble and then reassemble their rifle with the knowledge they currently have. Do you think you are capable of learning how to do that with the proper instructional material? Keep in mind that every soldier is required to learn how to disassemble and reassemble the weapon they are issued. Even though you might not be comfortable doing it yourself, does it sound like a particularly hard task?

"assault weapon" isn't a valid description of anything. M4 isn't an "assault weapon" either.

Any weapon can be used in an assault. So I guess they are all "assault weapons" from a bb gun to a machine gun.
I think the problem is the styling, military styling to be exact. Which seems to drive right wing nut jobs even crazier.

You want to ban AR-15s.

Thank you. That is a straight answer to a straight question. Not sure, but it might have been the first one in this thread. I'm sure there are many people who wouldn't want to disassemble and then reassemble their rifle with the knowledge they currently have. Do you think you are capable of learning how to do that with the proper instructional material? Keep in mind that every soldier is required to learn how to disassemble and reassemble the weapon they are issued. Even though you might not be comfortable doing it yourself, does it sound like a particularly hard task?
Ummm...this is why I say you don't listen.

You said, "Keep in mind that every soldier is required to learn how to disassemble and reassemble the weapon they are issued. Even though you might not be comfortable doing it yourself, does it sound like a particularly hard task?"

...when I'd just told you I'd done exactly that. "I've only ever disassembled weapons for cleaning..."

I'm tired of your bullshit.

Hop to it.

Aside from difficulty and expense or trouble, full auto or burst capability is only an improvement in rare and unlikely circumstances even for criminals. Certainly not worth the risk of massive additional prison time for essentially no gain and for simple possession rather than actual use in a possibly profitable crime. Criminals aren't necessarily stupid.
Criminals aren't necessarily stupid, but gun nuts claim that criminals don't care about the law. Gun laws only limit legal users is the often made claim. Are you gonna change your mind now?

1622251270503.png

Simply put, the difference between the two is the M4 has either a full-auto or burst fire mode while the AR-15 does not. There are also minor differences such as barrel length and attachments, but these do not fundamentally affect the rifle.

More here - FYI >>>

Hop to it.

But right wing gun nuts definitely are...

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

View attachment 494782
what are you going to say after the next mass shooting and they use a full auto and the shooter says bulldog on the USMB forum taught me how to convert my AR to full auto??
I'm not worried about that happening. If someone is going to convert an AR15 to full auto, I haven't given as much information as is available in much greater detail in 10 minutes of internet use. I'm just wondering why more crooks don't do it. It's not because it's a hard thing to do.

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

Hop to it.

View attachment 494769

View attachment 494782
I'm not worried about that happening. If someone is going to convert an AR15 to full auto, I haven't given as much information as is available in much greater detail in 10 minutes of internet use. I'm just wondering why more crooks don't do it. It's not because it's a hard thing to do.
famous last words,,,

Forum List

Back