Nobody Gets A Trophy

You do realize that your experience is anecdotal, right?

You mean my experience is direct and immediate every single day, and yours is decades old. You're being manipulated by the media, just as they want.

It means you are basing your "certainty" about what goes on in schools every day on nothing but sensationalist media stories.

You realize that just because you read a story about some lady finding an airplane part in her back yard that it is not raining airplane parts in everyone's back yard, right?
How is that different from you basing your argument on only your experience in your school?

I understand you want to defend education, but that’s why I posted the study.

How is that different from you basing your argument on only your experience in your school?

I understand you want to defend education, but that’s why I posted the study.
My experience in many schools over many years.

Which is why I posted an article from a PhD educator talking about the problem...Does your experience trump theirs?

Why so defensive?

Do you think a PhD sitting at a university writing for academic journals spends a lot of time in public high schools?

Piss poor parenting and public education

People became socially inept during lockdown. Of course student athletes have always acted like entitled jerks, even when I was in school, so it's hardly surprising that this has happened.

I'm actually impressed that the school is doing something about this kind of behaviour. I'm sure the parents of the "star athletes" are probably suing the school for making their precious children "feel bad about themselves".

Do you think a PhD sitting at a university writing for academic journals spends a lot of time in public high schools?

I think a PhD who writes research papers does a LOT of field research before writing the papers, so yes, he probably did spend a lot of time in high schools. He has to back up his research papers with data, interviews and studies.

You seem to think that researches just pull the stuff they write of out their asses - like Trump does.

I think a PhD who writes research papers does a LOT of field research before writing the papers, so yes, he probably did spend a lot of time in high schools. He has to back up his research papers with data, interviews and studies.

:lmao:

In other words, you were a clumsy, unathletic wallflower. Still resentful, it seems.

I was a member of the volleyball, basketball, badminton and swim teams. All the tall people sports. I was a championship member of our local swim team when I was a kid. During the recent Olympics I dug out all of my old swimming medals and ribbons while watching swimming with my grandkids.

As an adult, I trained and showed horses, skied, and played tennis and squash. I was a member of the Mayfair Club in Toronto - the headquarters of Squash Canada and played into my 60's. I also trained with an adult swim club in Toronto. I still swim and ride a bike, although arthritis slows me down.

Of course girls weren't supposed to be athletes in the 1960's when I grew up, so our sports got little attention, and girl jocks were frequently mocked. We didn't care.

I was a member of the volleyball, basketball, badminton and swim teams. All the tall people sports. I was a championship member of our local swim team when I was a kid. During the recent Olympics I dug out all of my old swimming medals and ribbons while watching swimming with my grandkids.

As an adult, I trained and showed horses, skied, and played tennis and squash. I was a member of the Mayfair Club in Toronto - the headquarters of Squash Canada and played into my 60's. I also trained with an adult swim club in Toronto. I still swim and ride a bike, although arthritis slows me down.

Of course girls weren't supposed to be athletes in the 1960's when I grew up, so our sports got little attention, and girl jocks were frequently mocked. We didn't care.

And yet you're resentful of student athletes to this day. Suspicious.

Forum List

Back