North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

What shocks me is the willingness of Americans to piss away their right to vote and naming it mob rule.. that's some scarey shit,, and then you don't believe in states rights,, that's some more scarey shit.

It is scary, mostly because mob rule is highly prized by the left when it is something they want. The impression is, that mob rule is acceptable when it is something like OWS smearing feces on ATM machines, but not acceptable when its a peaceful vote.

This thread has been a pleasant surprise. Aside from the typical uptight homophobes repeating their baseless claims, it appears that more conservatives are actually being conservative on this issue than I've noticed in the past.

:thup:

What shocks me is the willingness of Americans to piss away their right to vote and naming it mob rule.. that's some scarey shit,, and then you don't believe in states rights,, that's some more scarey shit.

I tried to explain it to you, I guess you'll just have to remain scared.

You tried to explain what to me? Why are you willing to disenfranchise Americans from the vote.. And what about States rights? You just a big FedFan?

It is scary, mostly because mob rule is highly prized by the left when it is something they want. The impression is, that mob rule is acceptable when it is something like OWS smearing feces on ATM machines, but not acceptable when its a peaceful vote.

That's what I'm hearing.. they want to do away with the vote and live under dick tater ship.. that's damn scarey.

I have seen on these boards people on both sides of the political isle, who don't understand the difference between rights and liberties.

The difference is that liberties are not specifically spelled out in the Constitution. Imagine how long the Constitution would be if all possible liberties were delineated in it?

Instead, the Founding Fathers set this republic up to be governed by Rule of Law. What that means is that say for example, this issue, there is not "right" to gay marriage, in fact there is not "right" to hetersexual marriage, but the Constitution provides for the protection of those "liberties" from government, federal or state or local. In other words, you cannot pass a law taking away someone's liberty.

Whileyou don't have a right to be married, the government doesn't have a right to ban it.

Other things that we don't have a right to:

1. Abortion
2. Vote for president.
3. Smoking
4. Gay marriage
5. Heterosexual marriage
6. A living wage
7. To have a job
8. To collectively bargain
9. Contraception
10. Healthcare

The state governments do issue a marriage license and do have the right to determine who gets it. Not issuing a license for one to marry his mother is, to use your word, banned in all 50 states.

I did not check this to be factual, but my common sense tells me that it is a rule that is followed.

The ONLY real reason states issue marriage licenses is revenue.

Good for North Carolina. The U.S. should add a constitutional amendment defining marriage as between a man and a women.

I have seen on these boards people on both sides of the political isle, who don't understand the difference between rights and liberties.

The difference is that liberties are not specifically spelled out in the Constitution. Imagine how long the Constitution would be if all possible liberties were delineated in it?

Instead, the Founding Fathers set this republic up to be governed by Rule of Law. What that means is that say for example, this issue, there is not "right" to gay marriage, in fact there is not "right" to hetersexual marriage, but the Constitution provides for the protection of those "liberties" from government, federal or state or local. In other words, you cannot pass a law taking away someone's liberty.

Whileyou don't have a right to be married, the government doesn't have a right to ban it.

Other things that we don't have a right to:

1. Abortion
2. Vote for president.
3. Smoking
4. Gay marriage
5. Heterosexual marriage
6. A living wage
7. To have a job
8. To collectively bargain
9. Contraception
10. Healthcare

The state governments do issue a marriage license and do have the right to determine who gets it. Not issuing a license for one to marry his mother is, to use your word, banned in all 50 states.

I did not check this to be factual, but my common sense tells me that it is a rule that is followed.

The ONLY real reason states issue marriage licenses is revenue.

That means you can get a license to marry your mother if you have the money to pay for the license. I don't believe that is the case.

If you imprison a man have you not taken away his liberty?

But only after due process (a trial).

but according to fedfan we cannot pass any laws that take away a man's liberty. so your due process can be filed in the shit can. that's mobbish

Now, you and i are on the same side on most issues, and I've been respectful toward you in view of this. You are becoming direspectful toward me and have now resoerted to childish name calling.

I'll have no more to do with you in this thread.

Why stomp on a man's liberty to marry his cousin or his sister? shit

But only after due process (a trial).

but according to fedfan we cannot pass any laws that take away a man's liberty. so your due process can be filed in the shit can. that's mobbish

Now, you and i are on the same side on most issues, and I've been respectful toward you in view of this. You are becoming direspectful toward me and have now resoerted to childish name calling.

I'll have no more to do with you in this thread.

You took away the people's right to vote, you denied the constitutionality of States rights.. If yo want nothing more to do with me I'll vote for that.

Forum List

Back