North Carolina approves amendment banning gay marriage

So the conservatives outnumber the liberals in the state. Many rural white Democrats believed the Obamination bullshit in 2008, but now they see the Republicans are the better option.

Perhaps. But that’s not having an effect on the state overall, where Obama currently leads in recent polls.

Listen up I am not going to cuss or speak ill words to you. What ever those polls mean too you does not mean that's how MY state will go. North Carolinian's are fed up with obama. Take my words to heart. Democrats had a crushing defeat here in this state in 2010, 140 years of democratic control at the state level. In 2008 North Carolina even with the hopey changy feel for obama was a 50/50 split. The Governor is not running for re-election if she felt it was certain at least for North Carolina that obama would take the state she would run again. I was right about the gay marriage and I am right about obama not winning the state, unless something really fast happens for obama.

Last edited:
So the conservatives outnumber the liberals in the state. Many rural white Democrats believed the Obamination bullshit in 2008, but now they see the Republicans are the better option.

Perhaps. But that’s not having an effect on the state overall, where Obama currently leads in recent polls.

Listen up I am not going to cuss or speak ill words to you. What ever those polls mean too you does not mean that's how MY state will go. North Carolinian's are fed up with obama. Take my words to heart. Democrats had a crushing defeat here in this state in 2010, 140 years of democratic control at the state level. In 2008 North Carolina even with the hopey changy feel for obama was a 50/50 split. The Governor is not running for re-election if she felt it was certain at least for North Carolina that obama would take the state she would run again. I was right about the gay marriage and I am right about obama not winning the state, unless something really fast happens for obama.

Again, the polling data indicate otherwise.

Again, the polling data indicate otherwise.
Polls are polls are polls People who live here know other wise.

The AP as reported by fox news agrees with me
North Carolina a political headache for Democrats
Published May 12, 2012
Associated Press

Read more: North Carolina a political headache for Democrats | Fox News
Once a bright spot for President Barack Obama, North Carolina is now more like a political migraine less than four months before Democrats open the party's national convention in Charlotte.
The causes are plenty.
Labor unions, a core Democratic constituency, are up in arms. Democratic Gov. Bev Perdue isn't running for re-election; Democrats say she was likely to lose. The state Democratic Party is in disarray over an explosive sexual harassment scandal. Voters recently approved amending the state constitution to ban gay marriage, a position that runs counter to Obama's. And unemployment in the state remains persistently high.

Read more: North Carolina a political headache for Democrats | Fox News

Proponents of same sex marriage say that support is growing and all the polls show that a majority now support same sex marriage. Yet, when it comes to a vote, the issue is voted down normally by double digits as it was in North Carolina. Both cannot be true. In every state where same sex marriage has been imposed, it has always been imposed on the people. They have never chosen it for themselves.

It certainly is true in NC. California was 52 to 48, and that would flip now plus two or more points.

Time is against you.

It was polling up by almost 10 before Prop 8 passed. There is actually a couple of reasons why it polls better than it does in elections. I challenge you to educate yourself and learn why.

In other words, you have nothing.

bigreb is, of course, relying on fauxnews for his polls.

RCP has it as close with Obama in a short lead.

North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 4/4 - 4/30 -- 46.7 44.3 Obama +2.4
SurveyUSA 4/26 - 4/30 1636 RV 47 43 Obama +4
Rasmussen Reports 4/10 - 4/10 500 LV 44 46 Romney +2
PPP (D) 4/4 - 4/7 975 RV 49 44 Obama +5

See All North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama Polling Data

bigreb is, of course, relying on fauxnews for his polls.

RCP has it as close with Obama in a short lead.

North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama
Polling Data
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
RCP Average 4/4 - 4/30 -- 46.7 44.3 Obama +2.4
SurveyUSA 4/26 - 4/30 1636 RV 47 43 Obama +4
Rasmussen Reports 4/10 - 4/10 500 LV 44 46 Romney +2
PPP (D) 4/4 - 4/7 975 RV 49 44 Obama +5

See All North Carolina: Romney vs. Obama Polling Data

I'm not relying solely on fox news. Unlike you I live here. You say you live here that I doubt. Polls don't mean a thing they are showing a fragment of the numbers of North Carolinian's. I get around in this and I talk to people. They are feed up with the democrats.

Do those polls take in consideration the things I mentioned? No they don't.

It will take several generations and then only because of a very intense indoctrination. Although, there is enough evidence to the contrary. .

Nah, there isn't. The evidence is that your thinking is shrinking. Live with it. Won't change.

The evidence supports the conclusion that you don't think.

So gay marriage is less acceptable in America today than in 1950?

In every poll I've come across shows that folks born between 1925-50 generally disapprove, while those born 1981 or later generally approve.

The tides turning, it's just an unbiased fact...

Last edited:
Yada yada yada yada blah blkah blah balh
when will you stop side stepping that question? Do people who like to have sex with animals have the right to do so? If not why are you infringing on their right?

I said "YES, they have the right" to that question about 25 times already throughout the course of this thread. Why do you keep asking over, and over, and over, and over......?
They don't have a right because it's deemed to be abnormal for a person to want to have sex with an animal. But now we have dropped our values so dick suckers can legally suck dick.

Looks like big reb just accidentally exposed his true self.

He DOES want gov't to moniter people's sex lives and be arrested accordingly, and he'll happily use however many of other people's tax dollars to make this happen.

I said "YES, they have the right" to that question about 25 times already throughout the course of this thread. Why do you keep asking over, and over, and over, and over......?
They don't have a right because it's deemed to be abnormal for a person to want to have sex with an animal. But now we have dropped our values so dick suckers can legally suck dick.

He DOES want gov't to moniter people's sex lives and be arrested accordingly, and he'll happily use however many of other people's tax dollars to make this happen.
homosexuals acts are still illegal in my book This should not be new for anyone who has read what I post about the issue.

bigrebnc really does not believe homosexual relations should be illegal.

He believes bestiality is legal.

You can link that accusation if you wish, son.

All anyone has to do is read the last three pages to realize you have no problem with bestiality.

homosexuals acts are still illegal in my book This should not be new for anyone who has read what I post about the issue.

I have no idea why you haven't moved to Saudi Arabia yet, a country that is far more in line with your view of gov't and "morals" than the U.S.

You would want all homosexual sex acts to be made illegal - really?

(a) Why

and

(b) How are you supposed to police that anyways?

Forum List

Back