Numbers of republicans for Harris vs democrats for Trump

Why isn't Harris opposed by the analogous democrats?
The Democrat Party is a very different animal than the Republican Party. They will fight tooth and nail amongst themselves but when it comes to voting, they are Party Line Until They Die.

I learned that in my hometown many years ago. The city was a bright blue area. We elected a Democrat mayor who wasn’t fully supported by the Democrats. They elected her then all the City Department heads quit the next day. They will always vote for the Democrat, even if they hate them.

It would be interesting to corner some of these people and find out whether they are legitimate and what, exactly, is their motivation to come out publicly for such an awful candidate. I mean, seriously, there are two side of the same coin here: there good reasons to vote FOR Trump and good reasons to vote AGAINST Harris.

My GUESS is that they hate or hated Trump's management style, which is chaotic and often unpredictable. He actually takes pride in firing good people (e.g., John Bolton) who simply won't get with his program.

But how can they ignore the fact that EVERYTHING was better under Trump, and the Democrat platform is an absolute nightmare to anyone who has even the least respect for the Constitution? For this reason alone (Constitution), I simply cannot fathom any true Republican or Conservative supporting the Biden-Walz ticket.

I seriously don't get it. I'd like to see an in-depth interview or two with these turncoats.

The Democrat Party is a very different animal than the Republican Party. They will fight tooth and nail amongst themselves but when it comes to voting, they are Party Line Until They Die.
I can recall several points in time where the exact opposite was true.
I learned that in my hometown many years ago. The city was a bright blue area. We elected a Democrat mayor who wasn’t fully supported by the Democrats. They elected her then all the City Department heads quit the next day. They will always vote for the Democrat, even if they hate them.
It only took 51%

Do you think George H W Bush, George W Bush, Dick Cheny, Mike Pence and Mitt Romney are members of The Swamp? I'd bet a dollar to a donut you voted for every single one of them.

I sure did, but years ago. They are swamp adjacent, they have more in common with the other credentialed class than with me.

I can recall several points in time where the exact opposite was true.

It only took 51%
In the past, but not so much these days.

She won that election with probably 80%+ of the vote. She had to replace every single department head, including chiefs of police and fire the next day. When she chose not to run for reelection two years later almost all the department heads got their old jobs back.

It would be interesting to corner some of these people and find out whether they are legitimate
Legitimate? How do you envision any of them being illegitimate?
and what, exactly, is their motivation to come out publicly for such an awful candidate.
I want to ask Trump supporters the precise same question, but I believe this is just a list of people who oppose Trump. Not all of them are openly supporting Harris.
I mean, seriously, there are two side of the same coin here: there good reasons to vote FOR Trump and good reasons to vote AGAINST Harris.
I know of no reasons to vote FOR Trump and while I have to admit I would vote for virtually anyone running against him, I find many good reasons to vote for Harris.
My GUESS is that they hate or hated Trump's management style, which is chaotic and often unpredictable.
I think it's significantly deeper than that, as their own comments reveal.
He actually takes pride in firing good people (e.g., John Bolton) who simply won't get with his program.
Because he demands loyalty to himself above and beyond their loyalty to the US Constitution or the good of the American people.
But how can they ignore the fact that EVERYTHING was better under Trump
Because it was not.
and the Democrat platform is an absolute nightmare to anyone who has even the least respect for the Constitution?
I haven't heard a lot of democrats demanding that it be suspended or that free speech he personally finds objectionable be violated or that elections he has lost be overruled.
For this reason alone (Constitution), I simply cannot fathom any true Republican or Conservative supporting the Biden-Walz ticket.
It's Harris-Walz and I would love to hear what policies, statements or actions you believe Harris or Walz have put forward that are disrespectful to the US Constitution.
I seriously don't get it. I'd like to see an in-depth interview or two with these turncoats.
Many of them have been interviewed. Pick a name and a topic and search the internet.

And I really would like to hear from you as to the basis of your opinion regarding Harris, the DNC platform and the US Constitution.

HOWEVER, the topic of this thread was the large difference in the numbers of prominent republicans opposing Trump versus democrats opposing Harris, or even Biden.

In October 2022, Gabbard announced that she had left the Democratic Party altogether, citing their positions on foreign policy and social issues as reasons for her departure.
Sorry. Called. And, of course in that case, it means even fewer notable democrats have come out for Trump.

1724850835818.png

1724851416095.png

When asked about ten different aspects of Harris’s public record — on issues as varied as her sponsorship of the Green New Deal, abolishing ICE, and eliminating private health insurance — between 71% and 86% of these Democrats and Independents said they either had not heard of Harris’s position or were unsure.

1724851445110.png

Forum List

Back