Statue of John Lewis to replace Confederate Monument

1724640880290.png

We should do this with all Confederate Monuments
Replace them with monuments to Civil Rights leaders and monuments honoring the struggles of slaves

A statue honoring civil rights hero and US Congressman John Lewis is being unveiled Saturday outside of Atlanta, replacing a Confederate monument that had stood there for more than a century.

Renowned Jamaican sculptor Basil Watson created the statue, coined the John Lewis Memorial. It was installed August 16 in Decatur Square in front of the Historic Decatur Courthouse.

I've said it before, and will say it again. The Confederacy lost the war. Why the hell would anyone want to build statues to honor a bunch of people who were for all intents and purposes losers?

I've said it before, and will say it again. The Confederacy lost the war. Why the hell would anyone want to build statues to honor a bunch of people who were for all intents and purposes losers?

Not just losers, traitors to a man. Liars. Betrayers. And of course, losers.

Southerners have tried repeatedly to make their loss 'noble'. They claim they were fighting for states rights.

But there are no States Rights. The Constitution is clear that only people have rights. The States have powers. So when you break down what the South actually fought for, its a hell of a lot less noble.

They murdered tens of thousands of loyal American soldiers to preserve the power of the States to strip people of EVERY right so they could be sold as property.

That's the 'noble cause'. Defense of the most vile tyranny, systematic torture, rape, murder, mutilation and enslavement that the nation has ever know....by traitors to our country.

Accept the election results and not be a whiny little bitch sore loser like your kind.

Whining is MAGA rule one.

"I do whine because I want to win and I’m not happy about not winning and I am a whiner and I keep whining and whining until I win."

-Donald J. Trump

Apparently sniveling like a bitch is what passes for winning among the GOP faithful.

Forum List

Back