🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

North Korea finally going off the deep end?

No, they can't, and if there is a war, the north will be destroyed in five minutes.

Hence, I don't think there will be a war. At leqast, I hope not.

I hope there is no war too, but it seems that the North feels they have been backed into a corner. Animals will act viscous when they are backed into a corner. Not to mention that they are taking steps that would hint they are gonna do something stupid.

That's all true, but I just sense that it is largely bluffing. The North seems to go through this endless cycle of sabre rattling, followed by detente and asking for money and food aid.

But I certainly agree that the North is a real threat to world peace, and could try anything.

Has North Korea finally lost their mind? They have terminated the peace treaty, and are threatening a "final showdown" with the South. Can North Korea really afford a war with South Korea and the U.S.?

There never was a peace treaty, just an armistice. And no, they cannot afford or possibly win such a war and they know it better than anyone.

Under normal circumstances, I'd say they are up to their old tricks of acting bellicose in order to get more food aid and technical assistance...

But since the kid is in charge of the country, and we don't know how crazy he actually is, probably some caution is called for.

Probably there would be about a week of fighting before the NKPA collapsed due to lack of supplies and mass defections, but the scary thing is what they might do with their limited supply of nukes.

Kim Jong Un trusts obama to do nothing. Or to decide to do something, but dither until it's too late. Un counts on the generalized distaste obama has for Americans.

The commander in the Pacific Fleet says that the greatest danger faced by the Navy is global warming. Not North Korea. Un is pretty safe, no matter what he does, unless he pisses off a world power like China.

Kim Jong Un trusts obama to do nothing. Or to decide to do something, but dither until it's too late. Un counts on the generalized distaste obama has for Americans.

The commander in the Pacific Fleet says that the greatest danger faced by the Navy is global warming. Not North Korea. Un is pretty safe, no matter what he does, unless he pisses off a world power like China.

You have no idea what Kim thinks of Obama. You're just projecting your own prejudices onto him and hoping for the best.

Incidently, in Korea, the family name comes first.

You have no idea what Kim thinks of Obama. You're just projecting your own prejudices onto him and hoping for the best.

Incidently, in Korea, the family name comes first.

I know the placement of the family name. Is the boy's name Un or not?

It's obvious what's happening. obama is weak. This is the way weak leaders are dealt with. They are rolled over. obama has no particular liking for the United States. Is this a mystery? obama put a total incompetent in office as Secretary of Defense. Surely anyone who can, will take advantage of that.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Military spending is threatened, and suddenly, N. Korea is a much bigger threat than we EVER IMAGINED!!!

:doubt:

Who would have guessed.

The commander in the Pacific Fleet says that the greatest danger faced by the Navy is global warming.

:eusa_eh:

Really?

Yes, really.

US admiral says climate change biggest worry for Navy | GlobalPost

Commander Of U.S. Pacific Forces Says Global Warming Is Our Top Threat? | Weasel Zippers

(Boston Globe) — America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: climate change.

I don't blame Locklear for making such statements. He sees that obama has turned the middle east into a revolving door of generals and doesn't want to lose his job too.

N.K. has 'cried wolf' so many times that no one takes this sort of threat seriously. That's the danger. If the leadership were really rational and logical, they would have cut a better deal for themselves and their population a long time ago. They could blunder into going too far, setting off a series of events perhaps a bit like WWI, although very short lived. China might assure that N.K. not be entirely anihilated, but if 'cleaning a clock' has any meaning, theirs would be **** and span.

The commander in the Pacific Fleet says that the greatest danger faced by the Navy is global warming.

:eusa_eh:

Really?

Yes, really.

Commander Of U.S. Pacific Forces Says Global Warming Is Our Top Threat? | Weasel Zippers

(Boston Globe) — America’s top military officer in charge of monitoring hostile actions by North Korea, escalating tensions between China and Japan, and a spike in computer attacks traced to China provides an unexpected answer when asked what is the biggest long-term security threat in the Pacific region: climate change.

I don't blame Locklear for making such statements. He sees that obama has turned the middle east into a revolving door of generals and doesn't want to lose his job too.

Thanks for the links: Interesting reading, and put into context, makes more sense:

“The ice is melting and sea is getting higher,” Locklear went on to say, “I’m into the consequence management side of it. I’m not a scientist, but the island of Tarawa in Kiribati, they’re contemplating moving their entire population to another country because [it] is not going to exist anymore.”

Locklear is responsible for US military operations from the Pacific Ocean to India.

He said that the US and Pacific nations will do major exercises in the coming months to confront the uncertainties of climate change - likely major humanitarian assistance programs

I wonder how many humantiarian assistance programs the Russian or Chinese navy are planning? What about EU nations?

I bet it will suck to be in Cuba.

North Korea might well be crying wolf once too often. But North Korea does not live in a vacuum the way it once did. They could easily be used by others. Iran, Venezuela and even China looking for a proxy attack on the US.

I hope that little twerp just kicks obama's from one end of the pacific to the other. Forget the North Korean landmass, Venezuela will be glad to help.

N.K. has 'cried wolf' so many times that no one takes this sort of threat seriously. That's the danger. If the leadership were really rational and logical, they would have cut a better deal for themselves and their population a long time ago. They could blunder into going too far, setting off a series of events perhaps a bit like WWI, although very short lived. China might assure that N.K. not be entirely anihilated, but if 'cleaning a clock' has any meaning, theirs would be **** and span.

Agreed.

The 800 lb Gorrilla can keep their neighborhood clean..

However, that would not give Obama the excuse to add $1 B spending to missile defense systems and feed the US Military Industrial Complex.

North Korea might well be crying wolf once too often. But North Korea does not live in a vacuum the way it once did. They could easily be used by others. Iran, Venezuela and even China looking for a proxy attack on the US.

I hope that little twerp just kicks obama's from one end of the pacific to the other. Forget the North Korean landmass, Venezuela will be glad to help.

Considering the fact that the last guy that pissed us off was found hiding in a spider hole (or drainage ditch) then faced a very sloppy execution by hanging (or gunshot) I would be surprised if other Tin-Horn dictators have not learned ANY lesson.

:eusa_hand:

But you cannot underestimate stupidity: See any thread begun by Dante or a post by Truthmatters

Yes, really.

Thanks for the links: Interesting reading, and put into context, makes more sense:

“The ice is melting and sea is getting higher,” Locklear went on to say, “I’m into the consequence management side of it. I’m not a scientist, but the island of Tarawa in Kiribati, they’re contemplating moving their entire population to another country because [it] is not going to exist anymore.”

Locklear is responsible for US military operations from the Pacific Ocean to India.

He said that the US and Pacific nations will do major exercises in the coming months to confront the uncertainties of climate change - likely major humanitarian assistance programs

I wonder how many humantiarian assistance programs the Russian or Chinese navy are planning? What about EU nations?

I bet it will suck to be in Cuba.

It's all about getting money.

Global Warming Scam ? Kiribati Climate Change Conference | Tory Aardvark

Tarawa is so overcrowded that it is desperate for money. They don't need to evacuate the atoll (Tarawa isn't even an island, just an atoll, a sandbank) they need to get people off that atoll before they crush one another to death.

Sinking Sandbanks | Craig Sherborne | The Monthly

Overcrowding is destroying Tarawa, fouling it with the rubbish of daily life, weakening its frail natural defences against the flooding ocean tide. At night you wouldn't think the place anything but a sparsely peopled tropical idyll, a dogleg of earth lying serenely beneath tinsel stars. Come daylight, there it is: Tarawa the campsite-city, tacked up between palms. An outdoor dormitory of shacks with walls half fibro, half blankets and tarpaulins; a roof one-quarter tarpaulin, the rest palm branches and a bit of iron; a few buckled sticks for frames, and old stock-feed bags for doors. There are brick huts, some no bigger than a garden shed, for the well heeled.

The further south you go, the more the city clusters. The population of Kiribati's islands is around 110,000 people. Half of them live in Tarawa, most at the southern end. A 2005 census put South Tarawa's population at 40,300, an increase of almost 43% over a decade. The southern tip, the islet of Betio, is 1.7 square kilometres in size and has a population density greater than Hong Kong's, but without the high-rises to house people. Some local observers believe the population may have doubled in Betio in the past few years.

Giving Admiral Locklear the benefit of the doubt, he has to say he has no idea that this is going on. The rest of the world doesn't care that Tarawa is overpopulating itself to death because there is no global warming.

It is a possibility that, if they knew N.K. were about to do something really foolish, the Chinese themselves would nip in there an take the 'leadership' off to a nice holiday spa. It would be entirely in China's self interest to avoid a serious conflict so close to its border.

Forum List

Back