Northern nations warming faster than global average

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, wash, rinse, repeat, you sure like laundry eh? It is his belief! not sure what that has to do with my post?

It is his belief!

Yup. Is he right or wrong?
scientists haven't determined what causes the exchange. I'll wait until that is known. You? you know more than the scientists?

scientists haven't determined what causes the exchange.

Scientists don't know why the Sun's surface emits photons?

Wow. You must only talk to the idiot scientists.
exactly, if they did, they'd know why the corona is hotter than the surface. again, you write in for the nobel prize for knowing why?

exactly, if they did, they'd know why the corona is hotter than the surface

Knowing why the Sun's surface emits photons has fuck-all to do with the corona.

You should get that head injury looked at....you're getting dumber the longer you post.
so I'm waiting, why is the corona hotter than the surface jack? Nobel is in your future!!!!

It is his belief!

Yup. Is he right or wrong?
scientists haven't determined what causes the exchange. I'll wait until that is known. You? you know more than the scientists?

exactly, if they did, they'd know why the corona is hotter than the surface. again, you write in for the nobel prize for knowing why?

You should get that head injury looked at....you're getting dumber the longer you post.
so I'm waiting, why is the corona hotter than the surface jack? Nobel is in your future!!!!

why is the corona hotter than the surface jack?

I don't give a shit.

SSDD said the surface is allowed to radiate toward the corona because that radiation is non-spontaneous.
Was he lying?

Maybe answer after your emergency room visit...….

I don't give a shit.

SSDD said the surface is allowed to radiate toward the corona because that radiation is non-spontaneous.
Was he lying?

Toddsterpatriot the guy writing about the thing he doesn't give a shit about. hmmmm that's very strange. why is the corona hotter? i'm waiting jack!!!

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

Toddsterpatriot the guy writing about the thing he doesn't give a shit about. hmmmm that's very strange. why is the corona hotter? i'm waiting jack!!!
the guy writing about the thing he doesn't give a shit about.

You're right. I don't give a shit about why the corona is so hot.

Just chuckling at your fear of my questions.

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

fear? I fear a bullet at my head, I laugh at you. you have strange definitions of activity on a message board. And, avoidance of answering a question. you be chicken!!! again, why is the corona hotter than the surface. You must answer that to get to the answer to your question. Cause it is unknown. scientists don't know. but you? yeah you got it all down jack!!, so post the answer nobel baby.

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

fear? I fear a bullet at my head, I laugh at you. you have strange definitions of activity on a message board. And, avoidance of answering a question. you be chicken!!! again, why is the corona hotter than the surface. You must answer that to get to the answer to your question. Cause it is unknown. scientists don't know. but you? yeah you got it all down jack!!, so post the answer nobel baby.

I fear a bullet at my head,

Why? That would cause you less damage than anywhere else.
You might not even notice.

again, why is the corona hotter than the surface.

Again, for the discussion of SSDD's moronic claims, it doesn't matter.

scientists don't know. but you? yeah you got it all down

Nope. I don't know. Never said I knew. And I don't care. Never said I cared.

Now, about those pesky "cool photons" radiating toward the hotter corona...…….DURR

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

Now, about those pesky "cool photons" radiating toward the hotter corona...…….DURR
Now, about those pesky "cool photons" radiating toward the hotter corona...

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements? wait, you've been asked over a hundred times, and still nothing? what is it you fear jack? being wrong? don't worry, it's already known you are.

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements? wait, you've been asked over a hundred times, and still nothing? what is it you fear jack? being wrong? don't worry, it's already known you are.

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements?

You haven't seen photons from the Sun's surface?
Were you blind before your brain trauma?

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space. The molecules in the earth's thermosphere are very hot, but you would freeze to death should you find yourself there with no protection because the molecules are so far apart that you likely would not even encounter one...the sun's corona is much the same...mostly empty space..in fact, very nearly a hard vacuum...while the molecules are very hot, the surface area that they block from normal radiation is almost nil...

I wondered if you would ever even begin to figure it out but I guess you wouldn't...not in a hundred years. You have your belief and weren't about to go looking for anything like reality that might call it into question.

Rather than wonder, you were perfectly willing to go on believing that the sun's surface was radiating through a solid sheet of million degree plasma...weren't you? Go ahead and admit idiot...you never once even considered the possibility that the molecules in the corona were so far apart that they essentially weren't even there...

no one ever said it wasn't possible for cold to flow toward heat with help. no one.

no one ever said it wasn't possible for cold to flow toward heat with help. no one.

That must explain why SSDD, with your agreement, has claimed for years, even a few days ago, that back radiation can't happen. LOL!
not the way the AGW crowd promotes it, nope. We know that 99% of CO2 hands off the energy, which means that 99% isn't emitting anything during that process. So, not sure where the radiation is coming from.

not the way the AGW crowd promotes it, nope.

LOL!

So, not sure where the radiation is coming from.

You're not sure where back-radiation comes from?
what back radiation?

You are aware that the sun does emit DOWNWARD LWIR, don't you? this is not upward as your trying to claim.

curve_s.gif

The white area under the red line is the amount of energy returning to the surface. It is about 1/3 (remember the black sawtooth is half white, half escaping blue).

Solar insolation is 340w, 100w is reflected, which leaves 240w. The surface radiates at 390w, less 240w IR escaping, leaves 150w being recycled.

Decent back of the envelope first estimates.

Ask our resident deniers how the surface can remain hot enough to radiate at 390w with only 240w coming in from the Sun.
Why are you using the DOWN WELLING SPECTRUM to claim that the heat is being retained? Just wow. You really don't have a clue what your spewing..

ETA: The red line is measurement at TOA the black line, with infill, is the measurement at the surface. The difference is what is lost in the atmosphere or reflected. Get a clue..

Last edited:

what about them, let's see how they flow? show the observed measurements of their movements?

no, I have not ever seen a photon leave the surface of the sun. you're saying you have? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Sunsettommy- why would you publicly agree with one of BillyBoob's more asinine comments?

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space.
Go ahead and admit idiot...you never once even considered the possibility that the molecules in the corona were so far apart that they essentially weren't even there...

I have an idea for an amendment to your idea of second law that will squelch Tod's objection concerning the corona. The bold faced added text should be penciled into all your text books.

Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object unless the higher temperature object has a density less than 2 mg/m³.

It is also important to realize that your amendment is important because it has been observed and measured. Once you add exceptions to your law, there are probably others you might consider too, such as radiation.

I don't give a shit.

Was he lying?

Unfortunate to be as stupid as you...I guess that you are unaware that the sun's corona, like the earths' thermosphere is mostly empty space. The molecules in the earth's thermosphere are very hot, but you would freeze to death should you find yourself there with no protection because the molecules are so far apart that you likely would not even encounter one...the sun's corona is much the same...mostly empty space..in fact, very nearly a hard vacuum...while the molecules are very hot, the surface area that they block from normal radiation is almost nil...

I wondered if you would ever even begin to figure it out but I guess you wouldn't...not in a hundred years. You have your belief and weren't about to go looking for anything like reality that might call it into question.

Rather than wonder, you were perfectly willing to go on believing that the sun's surface was radiating through a solid sheet of million degree plasma...weren't you? Go ahead and admit idiot...you never once even considered the possibility that the molecules in the corona were so far apart that they essentially weren't even there...

while the molecules are very hot, the surface area that they block from normal radiation is almost nil...

What radiation does the corona block? Why?

I wondered if you would ever even begin to figure it out but I guess you wouldn't...not in a hundred years.

I'll never figure our your bizarre, solo interpretation of physics.

That must explain why SSDD, with your agreement, has claimed for years, even a few days ago, that back radiation can't happen. LOL!
not the way the AGW crowd promotes it, nope. We know that 99% of CO2 hands off the energy, which means that 99% isn't emitting anything during that process. So, not sure where the radiation is coming from.

LOL!

what back radiation?

You are aware that the sun does emit DOWNWARD LWIR, don't you? this is not upward as your trying to claim.

You are aware that the sun does emit DOWNWARD LWIR, don't you?

How much?

no, I have not ever seen a photon leave the surface of the sun. you're saying you have? :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

You need more meds.
Push the call button....the nice nurse will be right with you.

And yet you dont consider it stupid to believe that the gas on the Sun's surface can decide which photons will 'hit' the million degree fast ions in the corona, and then proceed to stop the emission of said photons. Who or what does all the calculations of speed and direction? And what is the mechanism by which the internal conditions are thwarted from expelling a photon?

Most people think objects simply radiate according to their temperature in a random direction. But you seem to think you know better. Who taught you this new understanding that eluded all physicists up to this time?

You need more meds.
Push the call button....the nice nurse will be right with you.
so you stare at the sun and think I need a nurse.

LOL!

what back radiation?

You are aware that the sun does emit DOWNWARD LWIR, don't you?

How much?

I did the calculation for polar bear once. 15 micron radiation has a ten thousandth of the intensity of the maximum wavelength (falls in the visible band). So...roughly 340w/10000. Less than a watt at the top of the atmosphere, and none makes it through the atmosphere to the surface unless it is in the same band as tha atmospheric window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back