Northerners Are SCUM! - Confederate Controversy Part XXI - Maryland! My Maryland! - She Comes

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
I didn't know until someone brought it to my attention today some are highlighting the Maryland State Song for revision.

Frederick delegate submits bill to change Maryland state song
Delegate Karen Lewis Young submitted legislation this week to change the words of Maryland’s state song after several of her constituents sent her emails about the song’s “inappropriateness.

Until today, I had never looked at the lyrics to Maryland, My Maryland.
state-song-confederate.jpg

A Patriotic Song!

I must say, I was a bit surprised when I saw the State song called the president a tyrant and despot --

Moreover the song ends with calling the people of the North "Scum."

Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she’ll come! she’ll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

Now, my britches aren't very twisted about this, cause we're used to being denigrated, nor do I think it matters much in the scheme of things, but I must say - I was surprised this border state -- adopted this as their State song,

What are your thoughts on a government endorsed reference to calling an entire geographic location scum?

Should the Confederate sympathizing song be stricken?

Can't really blame the south. First they get conned into charging into canister to protect democrat southern aristocrats. then they get their asses handed to them in their war of aggression. I would be pretty pissed also.

I didn't know until someone brought it to my attention today some are highlighting the Maryland State Song for revision.

Frederick delegate submits bill to change Maryland state song
Delegate Karen Lewis Young submitted legislation this week to change the words of Maryland’s state song after several of her constituents sent her emails about the song’s “inappropriateness.

Until today, I had never looked at the lyrics to Maryland, My Maryland.
state-song-confederate.jpg

A Patriotic Song!

I must say, I was a bit surprised when I saw the State song called the president a tyrant and despot --

Moreover the song ends with calling the people of the North "Scum."

Huzza! she spurns the Northern scum!
She breathes! she burns! she’ll come! she’ll come!
Maryland! My Maryland!

Now, my britches aren't very twisted about this, cause we're used to being denigrated, nor do I think it matters much in the scheme of things, but I must say - I was surprised this border state -- adopted this as their State song,

What are your thoughts on a government endorsed reference to calling an entire geographic location scum?

Should the Confederate sympathizing song be stricken?
What Confederacy???? I thought even the memory of it was eradicated….
I prefer to call them carpetbaggers........
It means the same….

Forum List

Back