Not good news regarding the global supply chain and inflation

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
For those who actually want to know what's going on regarding inflation:

Supply chain problems are not just domestic, they're global and worse than feared. That, coupled with exploding demand coming out of the various degrees of virus lockdowns, is keeping inflation hot and troublesome.

Looks like this is still going to be a while.

Trump's idea of more self sufficiency and less free trade would be a good place to start for our country even though it might be a hard sell for our slave loving multi nationals. We were much stronger before free trade became a greedy addiction.

Except he went about it the wrong way... kind of like he did everything.

My sister has a friend in England and she said the shortages are awful, and its really hard to just get a liter of gasoline....(petrol)

I guess it's time to start hoarding again.... We've got 6 months worth of toilet paper and paper towels :). But that's left over from last year.

Last edited:
Inflation is awful here too! There are shortages AND price increases on key things, like bacon :) that are up 30%-40%!!!

Can't find Kit Kaboodle dry food for my kitty cat either....!!!!! That's crucial!!!

And no frozen Lima beans for the past 4 months at my grocer....

Supply chain problems are not just domestic, they're global and worse than feared. That, coupled with exploding demand coming out of the various degrees of virus lockdowns, is keeping inflation hot and troublesome.

Beware fake supply chain probs!!

China’s unofficial ban on Australian products fails to inflict significant damage​

China’s unofficial ban against Australian products seems largely to have failed as exports to other countries soared instead.

Greg

China’s unofficial ban on Australian products fails to inflict significant damage​

China’s unofficial ban against Australian products seems largely to have failed as exports to other countries soared instead.

Greg
It's the ports here, that have backed up, 50 to 100 ten story plus, ships packed with containers of goods to be delivered backed up, the ports here can't handle unloading in an expeditious manner and not enough truck drivers to deliver the food and goods, across the country.

Last year's shut downs, had retailers postpone their shipments from China and other countries, that they are now trying to get delivered....months and months worth of goods during the lockdowns, trying to dock and unload, all at once.... Our ports can't handle it. Nor can our Truckers. Making shortages across the country, which causes prices to rise.

Last edited:

Greg
As I expected.

It's the ports here, that have backed up, 50 to 100 ten story plus, ships packed with containers of goods to be delivered backed up, the ports here can't handle unloading in an expeditious manner and not enough truck drivers to deliver the food and goods, across the country.

Last year's shut downs, had retailers postpone their shipments from China and other countries, that they are now trying to get delivered....months and months worth of goods during the lockdowns, trying to dock and unload, all at once.... Our ports can't handle it. Nor can our Truckers. Making shortages across the country, which causes prices to rise.
It's happening in all kinds of weird little ways, like restaurants not getting food deliveries. I was hoping this would get sorted out more quickly, but....

Of course the disastrous lockdowns caused supply chain problems.

Just so everyone knows, don't blame democrats for the rising inflation and failed supply chains.

This is key and all that matters.

Mwhahahahaha!!!!

Good luck with that.
I provided verifiable facts from multiple sources that are a key focus within the financial industry, but I certainly do realize that none of this is either provided or discussed in your world. It therefore doesn't exist.

That's okay. I'm beyond expecting anything different.

It's happening in all kinds of weird little ways, like restaurants not getting food deliveries. I was hoping this would get sorted out more quickly, but....
You would think it would? Trucking businesses up here are offering a $10,000 hiring bonus....

My older sister is in a semi panic and called last night to tell me and Matt to stock up what we can, and have some cash around the house... She's been a prepper, since she had lived through Hurricane Andrew in Miami and was without electricity for nearly a month, and also with a big hole in her roof.

Have you ever considered NOT being such an unthinkingly loyal acolyte of the Democratic party, especially in regards to their orgy of unfettered spendng?

I mean, if you want to talk about the causes of inflation and all............

Funny, when I posted about this a month ago... the lefts reaction here was primarily laugh and dismiss.
The news agencies have NOT reported on supply issues that have been getting dramatically worse over the past 6 months. Because... Gee... that might make Biden look bad. So they are only now reporting on it because it is bad enough it can't be denied.
NOTHING was being done about these problems 6 months ago when it should have been addressed by America and other countries. Why? Because it provides a GLARING picture of the problem of depending on hostile foreign countries to make everything for you. And investors don't want anything to change that.

You would think it would? Trucking businesses up here are offering a $10,000 hiring bonus....

My older sister is in a semi panic and called last night to tell me and Matt to stock up what we can, and have some cash around the house... She's been a prepper, since she had lived through Hurricane Andrew in Miami and was without electricity for nearly a month, and also with a big hole in her roof.
Yeah, this is all just weird and uneven. And it's impossible to make predictions or projections because supply chain disruption is usually fairly minor and temporary. And rarely global, across multiple industries. Markets don't like uncertainty like this.

Funny, when I posted about this a month ago... the lefts reaction here was primarily laugh and dismiss.
The news agencies have NOT reported on supply issues that have been getting dramatically worse over the past 6 months. Because... Gee... that might make Biden look bad. So they are only now reporting on it because it is bad enough it can't be denied.
NOTHING was being done about these problems 6 months ago when it should have been addressed by America and other countries. Why? Because it provides a GLARING picture of the problem of depending on hostile foreign countries to make everything for you. And investors don't want anything to change that.
I don't care what makes any given politician look bad. Analyzing and acting on this goofy stuff is my profession, so I'm happy to leave the one-sided political analysis to them.

Forum List

Back